• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Server ideas/wishful talk

Only Bounders and Valar have forum moderation permissions. Not Build moderators like me and Fire.
Also, Tavern talk is a fine subsection for this in my opinion. It's not really a discussion, more of a "suggestion box".
It's true what they say; you learn something new everyday. On that matter, I suggest that there should be a forum section for this suggestions and ideas if this thread becomes popular.

In my opinion, it would be awesome to have some yurts scattered around Rhûn. In case you don't know what a yurt is, here you go: (it's a portable tent that Mongolian horse nomads use)

Gurvger.jpg

Reactions: B_n
@Uzbeksock i always imagined Khand as rather advanced, more muslim-styled than primitive. Also, the sea of Nurnen will proly not look as nice in the Mordor texture pack. Im sure the grass will look appropriately gloomy. I do definately agree about the Brown Lands though.

I agree, i'd think of Khand/Harad area as more middle eastern in style. Maybe however some nomadic settlements for the far east in Rhun, where the Wain Raiders came out of correct?

I imagined Harad being more African in influence (north-west africa, timbuktu?) in accordance with the real life map. Rhun would be kidna split. far east would probably more mongol/ming dynasty influence, while west rhun middle eastern, but with shorter people :p.

I picture Khand as maybe Central Asian now that I think about it. Rhun would be Mongol, maybe some East Asian. Near Harad would be North Africa/western Middle East, and Far Harad would be central Africa with jungles etc.

Note: won't be back till April 21st
Before I go, remember if anyone has any ideas for MCME, don't be afraid to post. That's what this thread is for!

Last edited:
Just remember that Tolkien's Middle-earth does not equal earth.

In some ways it does, since Tolkien saw Middle-earth as our own Earth in the distant past, and there are many cultures within it that are pretty much directly equal to real-world counterparts (Shire = rural 1800s England, Rohan = Anglo-Saxons, and so on).

Furthermore, it is useful to look at these cultures, as humans in similar environments will often develop similar structures and ways of life in response to those environments.

Tolkien also mentioned 'new lands', (not valinor) in the western area of middle earth, a series of islands, so he might have been referencing the real life americas.

I have heard many people mentioning build of the Undying Lands, Numenor etc. How valid if at all is that?

Also will everything from the Hobbit be built (i.e. the Goblin caves, Gollum's cave, the eyries etc?
they better be or ill be very mad

Possibly some huts around /warp icebay or around Forodwaith? Not a huge priority but would be cool to check out. Also, any plans for Dorwinion once Minas tirith is finished?

Possibly some huts around /warp icebay or around Forodwaith? Not a huge priority but would be cool to check out. Also, any plans for Dorwinion once Minas tirith is finished?
We will eventually set up some Lossoth villages around the bay, sort of like they have in Lotro.
The above, as well as things like Dorwinion, are of course planned to be made, but when is the tricky question. Most likely not for a while, as projects such as Gondor, Mordor, or locations from the Hobbit will take priority.

I just saw the olive trees at pelennor fields, they are great but i feel like they need dirt instead of grass. I say this cause im from south spain and we have lots of olive trees there and it always looks like this :
Olivar.jpg

but i think that we havent got any texture with that kind of dirt