• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Daddlio

Moria Hall Professional
Credits
XP
IMPORTANT:
Please use the spoiler-function to hide your pictures.
Also try not to use more then 5 pictures.
After all you still shoulb be able to read this post without insane scrolling! :D

We have Threads for dekstopbackgrounds, the PC-Setup, RL-Pictures and all that stuff.
But as i just saw Walpole posting this...
I know that this isn't really a funny picture but this is the real lonely mountain in my state; its name means lonely mountain
View attachment 5107
...i thought it would be interessting to see, where everybody lives or comes from. :)

So I'll start:
I grew up in the "Allgäu" (which is in Bavaria/Germany, right at the border of the alps).
It looks kinda like the Shire mixed with mountains, so its pretty nice.
landhotel-allgaeublick-oberreute-allgaeu-fotolia-bild-1.jpg

And we have a lot of cows here.
Once a german poet said "The Allgäu beginns, where the cows are more beautiful than the girls." :p
We loves theses animals!
20140908_130155_Richtone%28HDR%29.jpg

There is this deep called "Breitach-klamm".
Its a pretty nice hike to go through and its kind of famous in the region.
38793625.jpg

And here we have my favorite mountain, which I absolutly love for its special look.
Only 30 minutes by car, so im out there quite regulary.
Its where i am in the picture in the RL-pictures-thread.
8425_ifen.jpg

Oh ya... and we have this of course! (which u might know ;))
Schloss_Neuschwanstein_im_Herbst_-_Front_5.JPG

So show me where you live. Im really curious! :)

Last edited:
[Well, I live in Moncton, New Brunswick, located in the lovely country of Canada. (And no, we don't refer to it as Moncton, Canada) Here's a picture of Moncton's skyline:
p75zZeS.png
Moncton is famous for her tidal bore, a pretty large (and muddy....) wall of water which comes rushing up the Petitcodiac river twice a day, and some people are even either crazy or smart enough to surf on it:
B3pvKEc.jpg
As you can see, it draws all of the tourists, although it really isn't that exciting. More interesting are some of the other attractions within driving distance of my home. They are (in order of their appearance below) 1: The Hopewell Rocks, probably the most famous attraction in New Brunswick, formed over millions of years by erosion and the sea. 2: Fundy National Park, a haven of hiking trails and beautiful places to view the varied ecosystems of the area. Pictured is Dickson Falls, which is apparently the most photographed thing in our province.
fqKFa0C.jpg
U8VpNZt.jpg
An 8 hour drive into our neighbor province (Nova Scotia) takes you to my favorite place in the Maritimes, Cape Breton. Here's an image of the view you are treated to at the end of the Skyline trail, in the Highlands National Park. It's a piece of Scotland, right here in Canada!
c7yYwTc.jpg
"Wait, what?" you say, "where are the igloos?" Well, don't worry about that. We have those too:
Fo2L03a.jpg
Also, if all of Canada counts as my home, I'll show you the most beautiful spot in the country, in my opinion. Located a "quick" 48 hour drive from Moncton (gee, Canada is big, isn't she?) there's Lake Louise:
6rinQYw.jpg
PS: In Quebec City, at this time of year, an ice hotel is built. If you're interested (crazy) enough to stay there, a little bit of advice for you: bring your wallet. It costs as much to stay there as some 5 star hotels. Yes, that's right, THIS:
aGvOZmb.jpg
Costs as much as THIS:
Ya1umCm.jpg
....then again, the Ice Hotel has a chapel, so you can always just get married there if you don't want to stay the night.

Attachments

• c7yYwTc.jpg
    c7yYwTc.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Really cool idea, and those mountains look beaut. I've lived most of my life in cities and most of those have been in England so it looks like arse.

Anyway I was born in Ixelles, Brussels the capital of Belgium on the 10th of the 10th at 20:20pm (no seriously) in 1996. I don't remember living in Belgium at all because we moved to England when I was 2 and a half as my mum decided to go back to Uni and do her masters degree at Reading University. At the time I was born my parents also had a apartment in Wembley (North London) on Harrow road which I also don't remember living in. Anyway, this is a picture of Ixelles from above (can't find many decent pics on Google).
ixelles-belgium-5.jpg
My first memories are from our home in Didcot (west of reading and south of Oxford), it's where I get my slight poshness from (before tainted by a bit of the filthy Leicester accent) and it was pretty quaint compared to where I lived as a baby. The town is known for being what I would call a "shit-hole" and the only noticeable feature of the town was the huge power plant just outside of the town. Bellow is a picture of the power plant with the town behind.
640_didcotpower_web.jpg
Since 2004 I've lived in and around Leicester (moved to outskirts in 2012). I really like Leicester but at the same time there are some issues with it. It's a pretty big city and there are plenty of restaurants and shops and all that jazz but it's just pretty boring over all. The most noticeable thing about Leicester is the small clock tower in the dead centre of the city. It's stood since 1868 and on it are 4 statues of some of the most important men in the City's history, most notable of which is that of Simon De Monfort who lead an uprising against King Henry the Third in 1263-64 and became what would now be considered "prime-minister" of England. Unlike Oliver Cromwell 400 years later De Monfort decided to keep the monarchy alive and greatly reduced the power of the king, which ultimately lead to the system of "Constitutional Monarchy" we have today. I don't know if this is interesting to anyone else but it sure it to me, it's just a shame this city is filled with a bunch of stupid chavs who don't care about anything that isn't anything to do white lightning and special brew. Anyhow there is a picture of the clock tower bellow.
P4085243.jpg
The final thing I want to show is Belgrave Road AKA "The Golden Mile" which is the heart of the Asian community in Leicester. Around Diwali lights are set up all the way down the street and thousands gather to see them light up. It really is my favourite place in Leicester and the food is unreal. If anyone finds themselves in Leicester you have to go to Bobby's, Kebabish and the Curry pot, they are my favourites. Here is a picture of Belgrave Road on Diwali.
7016729-large.jpg

Some Cheeky Bonus Pictures.
The first one is the view of London from Harrow on the Hill where I lived as a child, and also where my dad grew up. Coincidentally it's also where my mum's dad lived in the 50's when he first came over from Ireland. This is also only about 10 miles away from where my dads parents grew up in Halloway (home of the glorious Arsenal).
14793385636_dee3d9e21b_b.jpg
I'll just post a couple examples of local food because I love food and it's the best thing about Leicester. First one is of Shawarma and chips with salad and Samoon bread (wich is just out of frame to the top of the picture) from Special Shawarma.
4Ts9Pla1cz-te4d6dsbd5FM8WcAoq7XVLAKg180q1yU9YUwEyN7_n6MjPFkeiW-blksqnjia5KfrcrjGrd=w1672-h945-no.jpg
Next one is a dank as hell Brownie I had on the last day of summer 2015 at a local gastro-pub.
C_yyvWQuHnZLWyUntJOlvb1EknYqQ2sgc90rK0TPD2M_NXjkkMIXtgQq0wNY5EUVd6SmRNfMqSDIcphUv8=w1672-h945-no.jpg
Finally here is Fish cake with pea sauce that I had at an expensive as feck champagne dinner for my grandma's 80th birthday at Kilworth House in South Leicestershire.
0KcerxzVM0GhvMSb5xqzVpPAlT1pSuWOY2n4IRnJbMIrabuWp7o78uNSz3zBt8G-ShvZ2-BqBC-WRuj_Qig=w709-h946-no.jpg
That's all of my pretty depressing (home wise) life that luckily I've been able to drown out with travelling around the world to far more interesting places.
PS; sorry if there are any spelling/grammar mistakes I'm dyslexic as shit so proof reading isn't something I'm very good at.

Last edited:
I live in the small, rural town of Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, USA. (Yes, that is actually the town's name.) With a population of roughly 3,600 there is very little to see or do. I would say the only thing worth mentioning is our beautiful Catholic church.
22424063.jpg

Not my photo
259362E4A5BB459FABAAC81C7DA5A2D9.jpg

Not my photo
Other than that, the town is mostly just houses and small local businesses. Oh, and farmland, lots of farmland.

A much more interesting site is nearby though. Drive a little over 30 minutes southwest and you can find the Jeffers Petroglyphs Historic Site where I work spring through fall. The site has 5,000+ ancient rock carvings made by American Indians over many thousands of years, some dating back to at least 7,000 years ago.
YlzkIEp.jpg

This photo show a section of the rock face at our site. I took this shot during pretty good viewing conditions so you might be able to notice a few carvings. There is more rock face than this as well as a large section of restored prairie and a visitors center.

Last edited:
Guys its so interesting to see all this, really! :)

With Darths post i think it really makes sense to put the pics in spoilers so that the thread stays readable.
And then u also can use more then 3 pics (which some of u overread anyway.. xD)

Will edit first post with this, maybe you (@CEFKILLA96 , @Portalrules333 ) can do that too. :D

P.S.: updated with 2 new pics

Last edited:
I'm living in a village called Volketswil in the canton (part of the country) of Zürich, Switzerland. Theoretically everything from 10'000 inhabitants onwards can be called a city in Switzerland, but Volketswil with currently somewhere around 17'000 still runs as village, to keep it's village-like character. Im living in the old part of it which you can see on this image:
108897781.jpg
The next bigger city is of course Zürich which is also the biggest city in Switzerland. In the image you see the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zürich (ETH) where I study on the right hand side (with the dome), right left of it (with the green rooftop) is the university of Zürich and in the background Lake Zürich.
hochschulplatzzurich.jpg
You can reach almost every point in Switzerland with public transports. Not surprising Switzerland has the densest railroad network, the highest railway station in Europe (3454 metres above sea level), the steepest cogwheel railroad in the world (48% incline) and later this year the longest railroad tunnel of the world (57 km) will open. Don't (only) mean to brag about this, but because of these facts I think its okay to count entire Switzerland as my closer living place so I can delight you with some pictures from locations I have been to already:
On the 30th December last year I was hiking at the Bernina pass (2253 metres) in the very southeastern corner of Switzerland. Usually around this time of the year there's 2-3 metres of snow up here, but this winter is being kinda weird. The lake up there, the Lago Bianco ("white lake") was deeply frozen though, so we took the route over the lake. In the end we hiked up to the mountain in the center background, Piz Lagalb, 2959 metres.
OpvqDU4.jpg
Back in 2011 I probably made one of the most beautiful hiking trips ever, even though not much of an athletic challenge. It was the High Path from Saas Fee to Grächen, through some incredibly majestic autumn scenes:
w59XQBa.jpg
Every mountain is climbably in Switzerland (some are a bit more difficult tho...).
Here's the highest Via Ferrata in Switzerland, leading up to 3206 meter high Jägihorn:
TRwP8dr.jpg

I'm living in a village called Volketswil in the canton (part of the country) of Zürich, Switzerland. Theoretically everything from 10'000 inhabitants onwards can be called a city in Switzerland, but Volketswil with currently somewhere around 17'000 still runs as village, to keep it's village-like character. Im living in the old part of it which you can see on this image:
The next bigger city is of course Zürich which is also the biggest city in Switzerland. In the image you see the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zürich (ETH) where I study on the right hand side (with the dome), right left of it (with the green rooftop) is the university of Zürich and in the background Lake Zürich.
You can reach almost every point in Switzerland with public transports. Not surprising Switzerland has the densest railroad network, the highest railway station in Europe (3454 metres above sea level), the steepest cogwheel railroad in the world (48% incline) and later this year the longest railroad tunnel of the world (57 km) will open. Don't (only) mean to brag about this, but because of these facts I think its okay to count entire Switzerland as my closer living place so I can delight you with some pictures from locations I have been to already:
On the 30th December last year I was hiking at the Bernina pass (2253 metres) in the very southeastern corner of Switzerland. Usually around this time of the year there's 2-3 metres of snow up here, but this winter is being kinda weird. The lake up there, the Lago Bianco ("white lake") was deeply frozen though, so we took the route over the lake. In the end we hiked up to the mountain in the center background, Piz Lagalb, 2959 metres.
View attachment 5137
Back in 2011 I probably made one of the most beautiful hiking trips ever, even though not much of an athletic challenge. It was the High Path from Saas Fee to Grächen, through some incredibly majestic autumn scenes:
View attachment 5138
Every mountain is climbably in Switzerland (some are a bit more difficult tho...).
Here's the highest Via Ferrata in Switzerland, leading up to 3206 meter high Jägihorn:
View attachment 5139
What would you say your favourite town/city in Switzerland is?

View attachment 5137
View attachment 5138
View attachment 5139

BTW fin:
I recognized that my home town is less than 2 hours from yours, its even closer than the city where i study :p
I guess, thats why everything looked so familiar in your pics :)

Reactions: B_n
I live in Northern Ireland.

Yeeaah, and I live in Poland
18b8355b9301715593a006c65ab68ef5.jpg
955f5da08f9efaf178c9aec1ff2f1b32.jpg
5259315-marsz-niepodleglosci-w-swieto-900-601.jpg
04d334c2-7420-4e8c-bfbe-d7f676b467c0.file.jpg
mid_19280.jpg
a107.jpg
fd8da72b3315b4b37f4fcc0dbf4c8dc7,640,0,0,0.jpg
a106.jpg

And that's only our Independence Day :D

wod.jpg

This is how we spend every weekend and every day of summer break.

And lately our government has been developing a new tax system, where VAT would be higher from Friday to Sunday to encourage people to visit church. Welcome to Poland, the land of prosperity and democracy, just like Russia!

I live in Northern Ireland.
Yeeaah, and I live in Poland

And that's only our Independence Day :D

This is how we spend every weekend and every day of summer break.

And lately our government has been developing a new tax system, where VAT would be higher from Friday to Sunday to encourage people to visit church. Welcome to Poland, the land of prosperity and democracy, just like Russia!
Well, I guess it's up to me to make people feel better about their countries. In Poland, we have this beautiful scenery near Zakopane, the capital of the Tatras region, named for the Tatras mountains, as well as a majestic abandoned castle.
mv1WPwi.jpg
Qh8KhXM.jpg
Northern Island features landscapes such as the famous Giant's Causeway and City Hall in Belfast.
bz41S7K.jpg
TFX2rV9.jpg
No need to thank me.......;)

Well we certainly have one of the best landscape in Central/Eastern Europe, but that doesn't change the fact that we are as f****d up as Russia is. Only we don't use machine guns to cut down a tree.