• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled shroomyD

I don’t usually use shaders since i get around 5fps but i figured id do something to make it look more professional. Also, I'm not sure if I use connected textures or not, how would I be sure? Does it look like I play with them?

Last edited:
I don’t usually use shaders since i get around 5fps but i figured id do something to make it look more professional. Also, I'm not sure if I use connected textures or not, how would I be sure? Does it look like I play with them?
Artist applications are for showing off your builds. If you use shaders that fog up the build or otherwise obscures it (like some of your new screenshots does) I would suggest not using shaders in your application screenshots until you've learnt how to best show off a build with shaders on.
As for connected textures I think the only resourcepack we have that utilizes connected textures is the Dwarven pack but if you have Optifine installed the settings for connected textures should be in Video Settings under Quality.

here are some of the screenshots without shaders (or as close as I could manage)
corner noshaders.png
tavern noshaders.png

bridge without shaders.png

Update: Working on the ruined village themed build, working on the style and the composition atm, screenshots once things ges a bit more completed

I’ve decided to use the workflow that ive seen elsewhere on the server and am mapping out houses, roads and gardens atm

Update:
finished the wall:
wall.png

and have nearly finished the layout:
layout.png

(yellow= housing
red= path
green=vegetation)

feedback on how it could be improved is very much appreciated

oops didn't mean too D:

was just trying a new way of building and got inspired by osgiliath for the wall

also 2nah I just tried to find your plot and although it looks epic, I hadn't seen it before today :p

It’s fine don’t worry, just needed to point that out you know, good luck with your application though!

Update: Working on the new theme build and am really enjoying it so far,
Also helping monster duck with the guide university

Update: currently working on a ton of stuff, will eventually get round to doing more building and will post screenshots then