• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted SmaugJuice Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smaug_Niphredil

Head of Moderation and Events
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
Name: SmaugJuice
Joined 23rd August 2015
Builds: Tirion, Carn Dum, Umbar, Floating Log Inn

These are pictures of my very first tb (which isn't very good):

Here are some pictures of Carn Dum:

I have also been in many jobs such as streams, roads, ruining, High Moors, bush fixing and more!
I have also been ruining hoses for Fornost.

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! It has now been checked and here follow some tips on what you can improve on to increase your chances on a promotion to Artist.

So, the terrain you made looks quite good, you could have used it a bit more all around your plot tho. To make it a bit more unique.
The Houses are your biggest weak spot currently. They seem plane, are basicly just boxes. Go look on our Server and you gonna notice, that we are often making the wall of houses 3Dish. That means, not on one line, moving some of the blocks in, to make it look better. For white buildings you should visit Minas Tirith, for some inspiration on doing that.
Also you can make them bigger! They dont look like houses! They are small huts! Think a bit bigger, while building them.
Same goes for the 2 towers, they are plain, not really interesting. Add some more details on them, even if its hard. Also you used the same materials on all of your buildings, which seems a bit odd. Mix the Materials up. Again, for this, look in Minas Tirith of some inspiration.
Now, the Interior, very basic, very plain. Add some details, like bars and pillars, to make it look more realistic.
Generally you should try to use everything the Packs are giving you.
The Tree's Trunk looks alright. Add some more leaves tho. It look like its halfly death. ;)

So, one last thing. Just keep practising. You gonna get there. ;)

-_Luk

I don't have permission to see your new pictures, you have to allow members to see your albums.
You mention a lot of job, but there were no job points at all for you so far. I just added the first two.
Remember to ask Designers to give points to you. Maybe you can ask also for point for jobs you did in the last days. If a designer remembers you helped he will give you the points I think.

Hmm the problem I see a bit with your ship is that it looks a bit unbalanced; it has a very (and comparable to the small mast very high) big prow but only a very short stern. I highly recommend looking at some pictures of ships of this size and trying to imitate the shape you see there.

I have decided that I a going to take pa in some tb. But I am also going to do some Moria related things, and some things that I could build at Fennas Drunin, because I am on the build team, on a single player world.

Dyno has given me temp artist to help with Fennas Drunin, but because this is not permanent I am still going to keep adding to this application. I have been helping do some concept builds and here is the upstairs interior of a house for Fennas.

Hey Smaug,
the terrain looks a bit artifical. More than half of the plot is completely flat. The three levels below the house look more like a stairs than natural terrain. Try to make some more terrain levels and vary the width of them. Also make the small stream run down in a small depression.

Good luck ;)

I have been doing lots of things in Fennas Drunin. I have been doing houses and leading some jobs. Here are a few screenshots of the things that I have done:
View media item 1680View media item 1679
The last one is a job picture of a job that I lead making streams and ponds.

Status
Not open for further replies.