• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Specialted applying for artist

Specialted

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
I joined August 11, 2016. I have participated in one job started by Darki190. It was a landscaping job at Lostfalls in south Gondor. I have been in 2 theme builds. Here are two of the theme builds i have done.

file:///Users/teddeem/Library/Application%20Support/minecraft/screenshots/2016-08-24_11.08.51.png

file:///Users/teddeem/Library/Application%20Support/minecraft/screenshots/2016-08-24_11.10.24.png

Here are some screenshots of projects I have done in Singleplayer.

file:///Users/teddeem/Library/Application%20Support/minecraft/screenshots/2016-08-24_11.16.33.png

file:///Users/teddeem/Library/Application%20Support/minecraft/screenshots/2016-08-24_11.17.22.png

file:///Users/teddeem/Library/Application%20Support/minecraft/screenshots/2016-08-24_11.19.34.png

I enjoy building in Hobbitish and Elven styles. I can build any style. I enjoy building houses, castles, and forts in Singleplayer.

I want to apply to be an artist because I feel I can make more of a difference in that position. I really enjoy playing on the server and feel that if I was an artist, I could improve the world of MCME even more. I would really enjoy helping build Erebor, the wood elf dwelling in Mirkwood, and various things in Mordor. Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your application. Unfortunately I can't see your screenshots. You need to upload them to MCME media or another image hosting place like Imgur. Then you can link to these uploaded images. Just ask if you need more help with this.

Ok. I will upload those images when I get home tonight. I won't be home till around 6:30 Eastern time.

Hey Specialted,

here is my feedback:
We need Artists who are able to build in the specific style we use at MCME. Your screenshots show show a quite different style. For a successful Artist application you don't need to invent new styles but rather show that you can use a given style. So I think it would be a good idea to look around at the main build map and choose a building for example for your next themed build. Of course you should not copy the building, but you can use the same materials and typical structures. A good place to learn building in the MCME style is the Builder School. You can get there by '/mtp plotworld' and then '/warp Builder School' ('/mvtp world' to get back to main map). Be careful not to place or break blocks in plotworld. If you do by accident and can't repair please ask an Artist, Designer or Enforcer to fix it.
Here are some main issues to focus:
1. Double walls: Almost all walls at MCME have two layers. In the first layer there is usually the supporting structure of the building: Wood or stone pillars and wood beams or stone arches. At the second layer behind the wall material is filled in. This wall materials should be distinct from the suppporting structure material. Wood and cobblestone is a good combination, stone bricks and stained clay another one. There are numerous examples on the main map for nice combinations, every town in Gondor has another one.
2. Material mixing: Your paths at the Mathom House is made of only one kind of block. We usually mix two or three materials in riverbeds, roads, floors and sometimes walls to make them looking more interesting and realistic. Look at some roads at the main map for example.
3. Trees: Your trees are much better than vanilla trees but still can be improved. You will find and instructions at the Builder School and also at /warp treebuild (in plotworld). Also there are many examples at '/warp stencillists' (in plotworld). In general the canopy of a tree should not be opaque. Make a trunk and a few branches then place the leaves rather dense at the tips of the branches and more loose at the other places to form a nice canopy with some holes between the leaves to look inside. At the inside of the canopy there should be very few leaves only as most leaves of a tree grow where light is most bright.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any specific questions. When you have new streenshots. add a link to your application post above and explain what is new. Also reply to this thread just with something like 'update' to make us notice the new screens.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<<.