• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Staff AMA (Bounders)

_Iru

Former Moderator Manager, King/Valar, ASIS Captain
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
MCME Staff AMA

Hello Everyone!

So for the month of June the Staff and I have decided we'd like to treat everyone to a new Staff AMA. For those who are not familiar with the acronym AMA it stands for "Ask me Anything". AMAs are a prolific things notables associated with Reddit who like to run them with celebrities, well renowned people within their discipline etc. The public are able to post and address random questions to these people and in turn they respond to the questions.

We see this as an opportunity for the newer members of the community to get to know the people who occupy the various staff Ranks

Refer here for more info.

The schedule is as follows;

9th to 16th - Build Moderator (Artisans, Steward, Foreman)
16th to 23rd - Bounder
23rd to 30th - Valar

Before we get this ball rolling we just need to let you know that rules still apply so please do not address anything vulgar or explicit as the TOS states so if you really want to get to know a certain player, do it by your own discretion outside MCME ;)

-----------------------------------------------​

This week is Bounders

What is the funniest ban/ob reason that you have seen?
"writing penis in massive dirt letters. said it was art, frankly it could of been better." - scott567
"Choose to build a giant phallus as his freebuild project. When asked about it, his reply was "I wasn't done yet."" -Bocklbee It was lost somwhere but then end was something like "and then added a window"
HI0nF.png

I will pose the same questions I did for the other thread:

If you were a Magic: The Gathering card what would you do? (This can be a vague answer if you don't know the game. Those that answer will be rewarded with me creating the card for them.)
If you could be an animal, what animal would it be and why would it be a cat?
Do you want to build a snowman?

Do you have any plans on building Beleriand or underwater ruins of Beleriand? Or perhaps Númenor?

What's the funniest thing you did with /vanish?
Haven't done too much with /vanish. It's always fun to troll people though, pretending to be a wild horse in front of thralls etc.
What's also great is you can stand on someone build, and it'll stop them placing a block where you're standing, that can really mess with people. I first noticed it when dev was building a house in Rohan by accident. I was standing on her build and she stops infront of me and her arm moves forward, she was trying to place a block but I thought she was just waving at me so I waved back. Was there for a while, wasn't until she asked if anyone knew why she couldn't place the block that I realised.

I will pose the same questions I did for the other thread:

If you were a Magic: The Gathering card what would you do? (This can be a vague answer if you don't know the game. Those that answer will be rewarded with me creating the card for them.)
If you could be an animal, what animal would it be and why would it be a cat?
Do you want to build a snowman?
1/. Haven't played Magic: The Gathering but I've always been a big fan of combo/gimmick cards in TCG's. Things that work well together and/or combo up. So i'd probably be a part of that.
2/. I'm a bit boring, I'd probably be a Human still, seems the best. I don't like Cats. Dogs>Cats.
3/. No, I most certainly wouldn't.

Do you have any plans on building Beleriand or underwater ruins of Beleriand? Or perhaps Númenor?
Not really appropriate for this particular AMA, but I'll answer it anyway, no, there are no plans for Beleriand or Númenor.

Why are bounders just so plain scary? And if you could be any character from Tolkien's Legendarium, who would you be? Lol.
I wouldn't say we're scary, I never feared the Bounders. I could understand a few people being intimidated my Mirimo back in the day, but there's none of us right now who I would consider particularly "scary".
Not sure I can really answer your last question, there are some incredibly cool charcters in Tolkien's Legendarium, but the best of them don't really have a good time. If I had to choose a race/group, it'd probably be Maiar. OP but without the responsibility and complexity of being a Vala.

Why are bounders just so plain scary? And if you could be any character from Tolkien's Legendarium, who would you be? Lol.

I don't try to be scary but I understand why we might be intimidating because of the power the rank has. If I could be any character I would probably choose Tom Bombadil just because of his interesting story.