• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Staff AMA (Bounders)

How did you get your promotions? I can't even make Ranger or Artist... lol
This is another good question. Don't spam chat asking for promos, obviously, but do work hard and work on your relationships with others. If you demonstrate to others and more specifically the staff that you are a valuable member of the community that's when you might be considered. This does not mean you're going to get a rank immediately but if you continue to be awesome, sooner or later something good will happen.

Last edited:
How did you get your promotions? I can't even make Ranger or Artist... lol
My first rank above Commoner was Ranger back in 2012. I spoke to ryanturambar (back then the head ranger) and asked him to consider me for Guide(the old name for ranger), so he did and when the opportunity arose, he gave me what was like a job application form similar today, but there was also a test where there were pictures of places on the map, and you had to find where they were taken. I was successful and promoted to Guide. I remained as Guide for about a year and a half and then Iru messaged me in TS one day and asked me if I'd be interested in Bounder. I was unsure at first, but in the end I accepted and I ended up here.

Last edited:
This is another good question. Don't spam chat asking for promos, obviously, but do work hard and work on your relationships with others. If you demonstrate to others and more specifically the staff that you are a valuable member of the community that's when you might be considered. This does not mean you're going to get a rank immediately but if you continue to be awesome, sooner or later something good will happen.

A question to add to that,
How can you show that you have value when the current staff is so good you can't do anything? (NOT saying its a bad thing)
I have had a few times when staff haven't been on so I helped out, but it's few and far between

A question to add to that,
How can you show that you have value when the current staff is so good you can't do anything? (NOT saying its a bad thing)
I have had a few times when staff haven't been on so I helped out, but it's few and far between
You can help when staff are on. You just need to be faster than them:p Seriously though, a lot of the staff are usually busy, so they don't really have time to help the newer people. If someone needs help finding a certain room in Moria, or a specific location in Caras Galadhon, then that's a great opportunity to help. It might take a little while to find, but people will really appreciate it. Anyway, if you're not doing anything, why not?:)

@levitheman being proactive. What does that mean? See a need and fill that need. Don't wait for someone to tell you, but rather propose to do something or help out. Even when they say no, try to find something that's possible. This always works if you do that with me, when I have time.
Same with rangers, sugar helped most guys already before ranger, shen did too for a very long time, gigo likewise, and so on. Even as an artist, I tried to kick the shins of staff a little so thralls and commoners could have jobs. So logically they made me foreman.
Also teamspeak is a big plus and alekspaleks is the best example of an old staff member that never talked in teamspeak, but was always on it. Lots of others do the same.

What happens if a Bounder were to give a punishment that seems unjust for the action(s) the player has done? (in terms of the Bounder and the punishment)