• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Staff AMA (Build Moderators)

Urgh . . . I really wish I could answer these questions . . .

Let's hear about relationships . . .

Does MCME count as a relation if so, its been nearly 3 years. things started of slow small things here and there to keep things interesting and fun. Over the years I've worked her more smoothing out her edges. She lets me enjoy myself although does give me the silent treatment and refuses to cooperate every now and then, but we are still going strong.

and no this is not serious nor am i that crazy.

@SugarKoala
Best solo job was as an artist. Together with wod and ori, iru told us to ruin lond daer. I did the main palace in the center and tried to make landslides and collapsed roofs. The result is something I'm still proud of. Also the tower in the river is something ori and me did, that's pretty cool to do. It's on the old map btw.
Best job as a foreman was probably nindalf, cause I love everybody being able to help out. It is very monotone but the guys make it more fun. Least favorite job was fixing the old shire terrain. That was hell. No jobs, only artist could help, solo voxelling and the same darn smooth hills over and over...

@gigo09
An acer aspire laptop with a core i7 and nvidia 650 something, with 4 gigs of ram and an overheating problem. Gonna try to get a new one after summer.

@spike010
Nope not once, maybe the exceptional troll kick, but I didn't got banned or ob'ed once. To be honest most people that have once been ob or banned and afterwards get a rank, don't seem to stay on as long as others. Correlation not causation but fun to think about.

@Iru
Most embarrasing thing online:
Kulmo and wazwu had an own private server back in the day when artist wasn't around. They had the regular gang of members helping them out and I was lucky to be able to help. (How i got to know kulmo btw, kulmo you rock)
Now the were building an rp map and I helped out on most of other peoples builds and in the end started to take over some area's as people got bored. At that time artist was announced and I was eager to show my skills to any that was a bit more in the core of players. Suddenly q220 came online on kulmo's server and seemed to be interested in my builds. Little did I know that it was in fact kulmo dressed as him with a plugin which allows you to play as another character. I figured this out when q changed into an ocelot. The rest was laughing their ass off. Yeah derp me

Mcme shame:
I once was busy world editting when I thought I'd try to paste in this grond shematic.... wait that's @foxyyy1 ;-)
No I don't seem to remember anything shamefull or stupid while being staff. Haven't crashed any server or had to redo something completly. But that still may happen...

In real life:
I had a bright orange scooter when I was sixteen. Yeah neon bright orange, the most whitest thing a white middle class guy can do.

@spike010
Haven't had a girlfriend yet but a lot of close calls. I would go into more details but you don't want to imagine me naked.
One piece of advice: never hesitate to be smooth.

Last edited:
Hmm, what was the most enjoyable job you've done? What was your most enjoyable build?
Also on the counterpart, what was your worst job/build?
Hrrrmmmmmm.... I mean yelling at people to build me trees is always fun

Otherwise one of my favorites was the Fornost to Bree road cus it was one of my first road jobs, we were all in Teamspeak, and we all had a good time

Most enjoyable build would probs be Henneth Annun cus its mah new baby

Worst job would be all of the ones I have started and then nobody proceeds to join so I cry myself to sleep

Worst build would be the statue I built for @foxyyy1 one late night. Potentially the worst thing I have ever built ever...
What's the most embarrassing thing you've done;
  • On MCME
  • In Real Life
Online: I use to troll my ex girlfriends Formsprings page (back when that was a thing) and ask her anonymous questions that were super embarasing. And since she is dumb, she would answer them lawl

That time @pheonixsang convinced me to read the Urban Dictionary page description of "Bears" when I thought I was reading Wikipedia. Did I mention I was really really drun--I mean sober.....

Pfffttttt I dont know, I lost a bet once and had to rub icecream all over my face with a table full of people, twas funny

Ha, thats a general question, they be cool, hook ups are easier tho

If you were an herb (it doesnt matter whether or not you pronounce the "h" or not), what would you be and why?
Thyme, works with pretty much any food and it's tasty

Which Star Wars character do you relate to most?
*cough* never seen Star Wars...

Apples or Oranges?

Swedish apples!

What motivates you in life?
My motivation is my girlfriend and my will to give her a better life.

Favorite color?
GREEN <--- that green

Least favorite X-Men?
Angel

Favorite X-Men?
Beast

Your ideal city to live in?
I don't like cities, i'd rather live on the countryside or just in the nature somewhere

Favorite food?
My girlfriends lasagna, best thing ever

Favorite type of pasta?
Tagliatelle

Fill in the blank: Vegans are _______
Bad, meat is the best!

Favorite villain of all time?
Got to be Hannibal

What is MCME to you?
Great community, good people and a place to expand your creativity.

@DarthRagnar
I'd be a half-god viking with extreme strenght and endurance :p
If I were and animal, I would choose to be a gorilla, such strenght
Building snowmen every day, all day

@SugarKoala
My most enjoyable job was when I helped Credoo and Oronwe to build rohan villages as a member (commoner)
I don't really have a most enjoyable build, I enjoy building most things
Worst job... building rocks in rohan (sorry @Tryfor34 )

@gigo09
AMD FX-8350, 8-core, 4.00GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Twinfrozr
8 GB Ram

@spike010
Only for the lolz, I have been a good boy during my time here :p
Been together with my girlfriend since 14th of April 2011

@Iru
I'm a very cautious guy, so embarassing things rarely happen to me, so I honestly can't remember any moment like that :l

@wodleth :
uPHnZYZ.jpg

How to tell how long I've been whitelisted on mcme, can a themed build be anything
This wasnt really designed to be a help thread, more of a "anything but actual questions" thread

Otherwise MCME doesnt use a whitelist anymore and themed builds are hosted on the freebuild server weekly so check there

This wasnt really designed to be a help thread, more of a "anything but actual questions" thread

Otherwise MCME doesnt use a whitelist anymore and themed builds are hosted on the freebuild server weekly so check there
Sorry for putting this in the wrong thread, the reason I asked was cause the commoner application

Sorry for putting this in the wrong thread, the reason I asked was cause the commoner application
Just send a staff member a message to ask, or go by when you made the forum account, since that is usually when you got on the server.
Also, for the Themed Build question, look at a ThemedBuild thread, it should show the Guidelines (rules) to follow.

Just send a staff member a message to ask, or go by when you made the forum account, since that is usually when you got on the server.
Also, for the Themed Build question, look at a ThemedBuild thread, it should show the Guidelines (rules) to follow.
Tsk, tsk, that's the Rangers's job, Darg . . .

Well, Build Moderators . . . . what was your first Themed Build?

A yeah, Roman architecture, I remember. You can still see the result on my minus album.
I'll give a link if people are interested.

Tsk, tsk, that's the Rangers's job, Darg . . .

Well, Build Moderators . . . . what was your first Themed Build?
I didnt do a themed build for months cus ryan kinda forgot about them

So instead I built 12 Fornost houses (6 of which were used)

My first good themed build was the tree house one

Firstly, off-topic doesn't show up in my unread posts list :p so this is a tad late mayhaps.

If you were an herb (it doesnt matter whether or not you pronounce the "h" or not), what would you be and why?

Well if I were A herb, I would be myrrh, because it sounds awesome.

Which Star Wars character do you relate to most?

I don't care much for star wars >:D

Apples or Oranges?

Oranges, because it's the wrold cup, so yay orange.

What motivates you in life?

I don't understand this question.

Favorite color?

Red :D

Least favorite X-Men?

The stupid telekenesis woman, based on the movies.

Favorite X-Men?
(trick question the answer is Wolverine)
It's a shared first between quite a few.

Your ideal city to live in?
Any medium sized dutch city :3

Favorite food?

Italian foods like pasta, lasagna and pizza.

Favorite type of pasta?

Bolognese

Fill in the blank: Vegans are _______

Doing something very unhealthy with their body. But so are smokers... and unless you have dinner with them you can't suffer from seconhand veganing. So yay vegans boo smokers :D

Favorite villain of all time?

Does megamind count?

What is MCME to you?

A lot of fun.

Hmm, what was the most enjoyable job you've done? What was your most enjoyable build?

There were a few jobs that I found very enjoyable for different reasons:
1. The caras galadhon thrench.
It was the first job I worked on right after logging on to the server. I got TP'ed into a trench and was told to dig :D
2. Desert covering.
It's where I got to spend a lot of time getting to know the community and even some of the people who are still here.
3. Hill sloping.
It was hillarious to see a group of droogs create a bunch of perfectly symetrical stairs while Quinto was screaming at them not to.

Most enjoyable build would probably be the frogmorton jail? It's small, not very noticeable and unimpressive. But it was really enjoyable ;) I just like building in that style, I enjoy making smaller stuff that looks good but doesn't stand out. + there were a lot of people on at the time working on the shire revamp.

What's your pc-specs/setup?
Specs:
Windows
Intel 4770K
8gb ram
Radeon HD 6950 2gb
2 sata 3 1TB HDD's in raid

I'm thinking about upgrading my videocard and buying an SSD.

Setup: on a cluttered desk.

Were you ever kicked or banned in the past...?
I was kicked once for speedhacking. I had a modded client and I had found out that if I pressed shift while jumping I would go quicker. I thought it was a bug in the game so I was happily using it, but in the end it was a feature of zombe's :'( Irish scolded me for it.

After that I have been kicked and banned numerous times for laughs and giggles.

what was your first Themed Build
I did the MT tower one (I think it was the second themedbuild?) because I thought the roman architecture one was derpy :p Though of course quite a few of us can pull out our hipster cards saying we didn't have to do those ;)