• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Bug | Issue Staff Need To Respond!!!

greencaver

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
I think that either a vala, manager, or designer should respond to every single suggestion post with their position on the suggestion, what they plan to do about the suggestion (if anything), and when they plan to do it. For simple suggestions, there can be simple responses, but I expect controversial or complex suggestions to receive an amply sized paragraph explaining why the suggestion is good or bad, as well as the components that I previously mentioned. Once the discussion is over, the suggestion thread should be marked as "Resolved" or "Under Review". The community needs to know what the higher ups think about certain suggestions, especially since even good suggestions take absolutely forever to go anywhere. There's no way for us to know what the higher ups think about our suggestions! Staff should also discuss the suggestions posted here more so that they can come to a much quicker consensus in regards to their thoughts on the matter, and they can post more official polls if the forum upvote/downvote option isn't clear enough.

#futureofmcme

Last edited:
Dark Souls Arrow GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

Hey greencaver,
I really love your enthusiasm about MCME and your effort to make suggestions to improve our community. Especially I love that you are using the forum instead of Discord. ;)

Unfortunately there are some points you still miss:
  • We are all doing this for fun.
  • A post like this will not bring the results you want. Nobody likes to be addressed like this. It will just turn people's opinion against you.
  • Good suggestion should always consider how much work it is to implement. Many of your suggestion are nice to have but huge amount of work to implement.
  • It's not the responsibilty of staff to discuss every single suggestion. Yes it's staffs responsibility to decide in the end but we try to decide on base of the wishes of the community rather than our own wishes. You can be sure that we'll respond to your suggestions when we see that they get a positive response from the comunity and are feasible with our current workforce. (Do your really want me to respond to most of your suggestions by "nice to have but will never make it to the top of my priority list"? I can do that, but it eats up my limited time an energy I have to spend on MCME.)
Again I like your enthusiasm, I would love to see you take up responsibility yourself. Start making detailled plans for implementation instead of quick suggestions! Get people on your side to support your suggestions!

Last edited:
Hi Greencaver,

Love the enthusiasm and I agree with what all Eriol has say.

A lot of suggestion that do make it to reality on MCME end up being the ones that the person suggested, champions, in my experience at least. The Staff and Team(s) already have a lot of work that needs to be implemented or have there own projects running on the side.

I invite you to focus on one of your suggestions that you are passionate about and champion that forward. It will give you a wider understanding on the work needed to take an idea to practice.

As Eriol said everyone is a volunteer and are giving up there own personal time for the server and community.

I would recommend joining some of the teams on MCME, like Texturing or Times. Great and accessible way of seeing behind the scenes of the server.

Looking forward to see what happens next!

You bring up some valid points, but the suggestions that would take a lot of work to implement should still be considered for when the server has more devs to work on them. Even though everyone here is volunteering, we can still take steps to improve the server and attract and retain more players!

I would recommend joining some of the teams on MCME, like Texturing or Times. Great and accessible way of seeing behind the scenes of the server.
nah.

Hi Greencaver,

Love the enthusiasm and I agree with what all Eriol has say.

A lot of suggestion that do make it to reality on MCME end up being the ones that the person suggested, champions, in my experience at least. The Staff and Team(s) already have a lot of work that needs to be implemented or have there own projects running on the side.

I invite you to focus on one of your suggestions that you are passionate about and champion that forward. It will give you a wider understanding on the work needed to take an idea to practice.

As Eriol said everyone is a volunteer and are giving up there own personal time for the server and community.

Looking forward to see what happens next!
Green is in the texture team