• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Suggestions and ideas for the server

blueblob321123

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP
Hi, I've been thinking on ways of how to improve the server. The main focus of these ideas is to get more people to stay on the server and not just leave straight away. Many of these ideas may have been said before but here are the ideas.

1. Getting a youtuber to come on the server

I know this idea has probably been said a lot but think about when Jesse cox joined the server, we had a massive boost of people joining. This would help loads since many more people would join and be part of the community. I've heard of news that we tried to get keralis on the server, if he did come on that would be great!

2. Try to get J.r.r Tolkien's grandson to see the server

This probably wont get many more people onto the server but it would get our name out there and get the server better known. Also we could see feedback and get his opinion of the whole server.

3. Bring back commoner rank

If we added commoner rank back it might not give people extras and the privileges to build but it would give people more confidence. I wasn't on the server when commoner rank was around but from what people have said it sounds good. I know if i was promoted to commoner rank in the olden days it would improve my confidence, i would feel more part of the server.

4. Add awards

My idea for awards would be like e.g. if u helped out in 10 jobs you get an elytra and stuff like this. This would make people want to help out because then they get a prize, you could also have "levels" so you level up and you try to get prizes like the award prizes.

5. Media activity

Maybe if we posted more frequently on media and you tube more people will see our vids, also some of the uses on the server have said about the inactivity of the medias.

These are just suggestions and ways i think we could improve the server. Thank you for reading and if you have any other ideas comment them!

I like the idea of awards for putting certain amounts of work in a lot, and I think it could help give the newer players who maybe arent quite ready to apply for a rank a sort of goal to work towards. I dont know about getting Tolkien's grandson to see the server however... is there a possibility that this could perhaps backfire with all the copyright laws and all that shit? I dont think he would be likely to check it out anyway, and I dont think it could do much for the server even if he did.
Bringing back the commoner rank has been discussed a ton, and I dont think that it's likely that it will ever come back, you can probably find the threads if you look hard enough.

Thanks a lot for these ideas blue!
I'm always very open to all ideas, so here a first quick statement of mine on each:

1. Getting a Youtuber on:
There's absolutely no downside to this, so yeah that will happen rather likely, given we find a youtuber who's willing to visit (and make a video about it). I've reached out to Xisumavoid a while ago and he was generally interested, but it disappeared again with both him and me being busy all the way through. We can also reach out to other matching Youtubers of course, as of now I simply haven't done it yet as I'm very very busy with other MCME things.

2. Getting JRRT's grandson on:
Interesting idea, but it would be a shot into the blue. Not much can go wrong but it's very likely he's not interested. The two grandsons wikipedia lists are also already 57 and 73 years old, so the probability that they're hyped for a media like Minecraft is rather small; also just because they're the grandsons of JRRT it does by no means mean they're interested in their uncle's stuff. Also I doubt the publicity would be noticeable about that, they're not really well-known or so...

3. Commoner:
The discussions when we dropped the rank were very agitated, so it's probably no bad thing to bring up the idea again if people are still missing it. I'm taking notice of the idea and I'm gathering some thoughts on how a Commoner rank in 2016 MCME might look like. Please note, it's a very very young idea, nothing more, if at all, there's many other things that are currently WIP and need to be concluded first.

4. Awards:
Ways to motivate people are always interesting! I'll think about it ;)

5. Media activity:
Agree, that more activity would not hurt. But it's always connected to alot of work, both creating high-quality content and also managing it. And it is just a fact that most players are here in order to contribute to the project by building rather than administrative things. We've conducted media-related discussions before, but I alsowould say that we have not yet come to a truly satisfying solution.

Thanks a lot for these ideas blue!
I'm always very open to all ideas, so here a first quick statement of mine on each:

1. Getting a Youtuber on:
There's absolutely no downside to this, so yeah that will happen rather likely, given we find a youtuber who's willing to visit (and make a video about it). I've reached out to Xisumavoid a while ago and he was generally interested, but it disappeared again with both him and me being busy all the way through. We can also reach out to other matching Youtubers of course, as of now I simply haven't done it yet as I'm very very busy with other MCME things.

2. Getting JRRT's grandson on:
Interesting idea, but it would be a shot into the blue. Not much can go wrong but it's very likely he's not interested. The two grandsons wikipedia lists are also already 57 and 73 years old, so the probability that they're hyped for a media like Minecraft is rather small; also just because they're the grandsons of JRRT it does by no means mean they're interested in their uncle's stuff. Also I doubt the publicity would be noticeable about that, they're not really well-known or so...

3. Commoner:
The discussions when we dropped the rank were very agitated, so it's probably no bad thing to bring up the idea again if people are still missing it. I'm taking notice of the idea and I'm gathering some thoughts on how a Commoner rank in 2016 MCME might look like. Please note, it's a very very young idea, nothing more, if at all, there's many other things that are currently WIP and need to be concluded first.

4. Awards:
Ways to motivate people are always interesting! I'll think about it ;)

5. Media activity:
Agree, that more activity would not hurt. But it's always connected to a lot of work, both creating high-quality content and also managing it. And it is just a fact that most players are here in order to contribute to the project by building rather than administrative things. We've conducted media-related discussions before, but I also would say that we have not yet come to a truly satisfying solution.

Thanks for your reply! It's good to see how you feel about these ideas. And i understand you staff are very busy and these ideas are unlikely to happen at the moment, but these are just suggestions for he future. I hope whatever happens everyone's happy and the server stays strong!

Btw, instead of commoner I think member is a better name and instead of adventurer, droog or thrall, guest would be more appropiate.
So guest and member :p

I have some suggestions for the minigames. Don't know if this is the right place to write it but I'll do it anyway.

1. Make hide and seek commands easier.
. There are like 3 or 4 commands to start a game and you start it when you put in the radius and search time etc. I found this a bit hard to understand when I first did it and I messed up slightly. I would suggest to have a /game ready like the quizzes. Also I would find it easier if there was a /game start to put in instead of it starting immediately.

2. More minigames
I think we should have more minigames to play especially now when elytras are in the game. One cool thing would be a race with elytras from a specific place to another through some rings or whatever. Maybe you could have some fireworks?
Another thing that I've thought about is a kind of treasure hunt. For example, you get either a map or nothing and search for the treasure in a specefic area. Maybe you could have like 2 or 3 or maybe even up to 5 treasures and some gives more points or whatever than others.

Hope you all understood, thanks for reading.
-Eönwë

Thank you for your ideas @SirEonwe. I actually want to make more minigame :D
Could you elaborate your treasure hunt idea a bit more like what are the commands, how are treasures set up, how to find them....
About the elytra race I'm not sure, as Elytras are planned for donor perks. But rings for air races are already supported by the race minigame, you can set up them following this >>guide<<

Btw, suggestions about plugins like Minigames please >>here<<.

One thing I think would be nice is to make the dynamic map work as a warpsystem. For example, you log in on the dynamicmap, somehow, with your MC name and when you click a warp on the map or maybe just anywhere on it it will teleport you to the place. Maybe only for commoners+ if that is easier to do with all the players that isnt a part of the community. Thanks
-Eönwë

One thing I think would be nice is to make the dynamic map work as a warpsystem. For example, you log in on the dynamicmap, somehow, with your MC name and when you click a warp on the map or maybe just anywhere on it it will teleport you to the place. Maybe only for commoners+ if that is easier to do with all the players that isnt a part of the community. Thanks
-Eönwë
That would be cool.
I am interesting to know how.

An idea I had for publicity would be to donate to a very popular twitch streamer to get our server info broadcasted. There is a Twitch Streamer by the name of GiantWaffle (Twitch) whom often plays Minecraft and other such games. He consistently has 5-7k viewers at any given time.

I propose that someone (me) donates to his stream with information about the server. At best, he visits, and we undergo an influx similar to the JesseCox videos, at worst, our server info is still broadcasted live to 5-7k people, and many may join anyway.

Last edited:
-Eönwë
Can't be done

-Eönwë
That would be cool.
I am interesting to know how.
You can use the voxel map mod for that

Voxel map can be downloaded here. It requires Forge as far as I know.

I don't think it is possible to use dynmap for inteactive teleporting by clicking at the map. So we would need to make our own plugin which would be VERY labourious (at least for me as I have no idea how to make an interactive website with the plugin acting as server). I think there we have more important stuff to do.