• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Construction Suggestions™ - Issues and Additions

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
Bonjour, je'mappelle Nelman... where am I

Over the past couple days I have been running around the server and Fellowship Path, for other reasons and during my travels I have noticed a couple issues that could be easily fixed and some additions that could add to the server.

First off I wanted to quickly run down some issues I found with the Fellowships paths placement etc. Without starting a discussion I am of the camp that thinks the spawn of World should be in the main hall rather than back room as the feet are cramped around corners and hard to follow for being the first thing you see, which has been shown off a million times.

My favourite issue I've found to showcase what I have seen wrong with the path is at the Barrow Downs where the loop into the barrow is not really even connected to the main path, which I've found makes it very missable. The rest I'll do in list form:
  • Rivendell path - from Bruinen path is very confusing and easy to miss
  • Caradhras path - path to the mountain meets at the same spot, also easy to miss (I watched an Adventurer miss the path as I was doing this)
  • Parth Galen - It is a shitshow...
  • Fangorn path - the path from the start of Fangorn splits but ultimately goes to the same spot where it splits later, unnecessary and confusing
  • Isengard connector - Merry and Pippin's path doesn't even connect to the main Fellowship Path a
  • Edoras connector - and finishing on a small one Aragorn's path across the river onto the main road is a tiny bit confusing whether to turn left or right.
A lot of these are easy fixes that Adventurers either miss or find confusing, by adding traffic triangles to situations like at the Rivendell, for example, putting the point at where you rejoin the main path at the Bruinen further down from the place you enter towards Rivendell.

Other points I wanted to bring up are more World building things that bring attention to certain spots that I and others have missed with ease, or just make sense to add.

• Arrows in Boromir's tree, adds more to the area rather than a missable blood splat
  • Boats on the shore of Parth Galen, we have them all the way down the Anduin and here it shows where the Fellowship Path continues.
  • There is not any King’s Foil on the server either south of the East-Road or around the Trollshaws, I feel this a bit of an oversight, but the area south of Weathertop is generally not done.
  • And finishing on a small one again, There isn't any O’l Toby in Isengard….

Finally something that I know has been discussed multiple times but for there not to be a reason to turn around at Caradhras kinda feels cheap and not finished. So I will quickly say that there are benefits to having the timeframe of the server to be as the fellowship sees them. This allows for people to connect with locations better and like Caradhras, allows us to convey the server better.

We already have multiple locations on the that are not part of Bilbo’s 111th birthday, first one that comes to mind is Fangorn, but atleast for the main locations the only place I can see that is truly impacted by this in a large way is Isengard and the general Minas Tirith area, but with what we have for Minas Tirith I’d say it works as is.

Just some food for thought and stuff that has been picking at my brain for a time now. Please comment and call me out lol
xoxo

I agree with these suggestions. Would also like to propose that the Shards of Narsil are put somewhere in Rivendell for the Movie Fans to appreciate, since we've added film version builds anyway.

Yes I do love the idea of revamps like this, however: "don't revamp areas that are finished ffs" as I've been told many times :(

Yes I do love the idea of revamps like this, however: "don't revamp areas that are finished ffs" as I've been told many times :(

Yea I would have added so many more ideas and such if I was in the aim of actually revamping areas. These atleast are somewhat intended to be small things to make what we have nicer or pull focus to it. There'd be so many cool additions to Eriador, Hollin and Anduin Vale if we ever get to it.

1688403937032.png

this thing in eregion

Not that this is a revamp thread but that would be really cool to see some more actually ruins throughout old Cardolin, Arthedain and Rhudaur, especially with older settlements like Lond Daer and such being visable regardless of the time of disuse

Ultimately I just think that the little additions we have with things like the ring at Rivendell and the fish at Henneth Annun, off the top of my head, give so much character and a focus to the world and are generally easy little things to add rather than changing a build completely. Plus they are little details for people to find, as I have seen many times Adventurers finding the ring and thinking it to be very cool.

I’m all up for tiny meaningful easy additions/improvements not for big revamps.

• Move spawn to hall location. Possible but needs some discussion. Eriol/Q
  • Fellowship Path: looks like some of them are easy fixes that can be done. If you get some examples on how you want to change the paths I’m sure we can go over them and implement them. I like screenshots and explanations since I’m not that great with visualising text.
  • Boromir can possibly be done with some nice armor stands. Sounds cool
  • Boats, mmm how would you implement that one? Static build boats are difficult on that scale without proper blocks.
  • There is an O’L Toby at Isengard but it was never labelled as old toby or the sign got lost. I made sure I put artist/builders up to the task of creating rooms in the wall around orthanc to put some old toby in. But we can make it a bit more clear.
  • Cartdrhras as you mean it was caved in path? Yea I kind of like that idea.
  • Shard of narsil, can be tested with armour stands.

Go into a little more detail and test out some stuff and then we can decide on the implementations.

~ Update ~

I'll add this down here rather than to the main thread post just to keep that easy to read and explain the ideas better over here. All of these are general ideas to show off what I mean as for stuff like Bruinen and Parth Galen may be better in other spots or work better with the terrain while on map in different ways.

Barrow Downs
The main issue with this is just missing the great Barrow really. either missing the path entirely around or walking past the door as you come at it from behind rather than in front of it. by making the overlap square and rounding out the path allows for less confusion and gets people in the Barrow.

current: ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎suggested:
BarrowDowns(current).png
BarrowDowns(suggested).png

Bruinen
Basically just adding the split along the main road separates the coming and going paths for Rivendell and stops confusion as the player will visibly stop following the Fellowship Path if they continue on the main road and see that they have to turn back. there is also a little pond further back from the which could be nice to go through.

current:‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎suggested:
2023-07-15_16.25.52(current).png
2023-07-15_16.25.52.png

Parth Galen
For the pathing throughout Parth Galen I tried to keep it more streamlined and less confusing, where with the original one we have a lot of unnecessary spots and crossings that aren't clear. With Frodo's path going to Amon Hen in the way we had before works fine with a little cleaning of both paths as they cross as well as splitting it to head towards the boat before it reaches the middle and gets more confusing, nd the main issue was that the path goes to Boromir's Tree which doesn't really make sense as well as the random three footprints in the top left (if they have a reason it isn't explain/not necessary). For Aragorn's path we have kept it simple and on the road.

current:‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎suggested:
2023-07-15_16.24.02(current).png
2023-07-15_16.24.02.png

Caradhras
Terrain and snow....

Fangorn Forest
The main thing with Fangorn is getting rid of the messy paths, in what I can only guess is trying to add both Pippin and Aragorn's path on one trail which just gets confusing and next to the returning Aragorn path just becomes three paths all along one area.

FangornPath(current).png
FangornPath(suggested).png

Isengard
See Ol' Toby: basically just connecting path.

2023-07-15_16.50.08.png

Edoras
Just have seen people and myself, not know which way to go when you get to the path so would be easy to know which path to follow rather than go to Minas Tirith accidentally. Directing the path early will give direction.

EdorasPath(current).png
EdorasPath(suggested).png

Boromir's Arrows'
Pretty self explanatory though I feel the tree we have for Boromir already won't work well, but will have a fiddle when I have time.

Lothlorien Boats
The boats that were down the Anduin are now gone as I assume it was for the Guide chickens but I had a fiddle in rp r and we have a lot of free blocks that the texture pack is not using for the time being that we could just drag over the Lothlorien texture. I felt the boats actually helped point the player in the right direction and atleast let them know they were heading in the right way. For having a boat at Parth Galen it acts as a marker for where they landed and follow the footprints again.

2023-07-15_17.18.14.png

Kings Foil
Adding King's Foil would be a nice detail to pay homage to the books and movies if we have them in both areas, especially with areas south of the East Road being incomplete. There are quite a lot of flowers in Fennas Drunin, so we could always combine that but this is the suggestion that could potentially take the most effort apart from Caradhras.

King's_Foil.png

Ol' Toby
With the Pippin/Merry path abruptly stopping about 20 blocks from Aragorn's Path we could even have their path extend to the Food Storage room that the Ol' Toby is in. If that is to much/felt that it isn't necessary, just joining it to the path in a nicer way would be nicer than what we have now.

Thanks..

Oke thank you we will be discussing it and hopefully get back to you shortly with a reply

• Move spawn to hall location. Possible but needs some discussion. Eriol/Q
Should be quite simple to do. I believe it's just these steps:
- Change coordinates in New Player Quiz plugin config file.
- Change MultiverseCore main world spawn location.
- Change Guidebook location with welcome Message
- Change Warp 'Bag End' coordinates
- Move chest with Books of Warps
- Move welcome signs.

Should be quite simple to do. I believe it's just these steps:
- Change coordinates in New Player Quiz plugin config file.
- Change MultiverseCore main world spawn location.
- Change Guidebook location with welcome Message
- Change Warp 'Bag End' coordinates
- Move chest with Books of Warps
- Move welcome signs.
I will refer to this conversation that we had:
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/community/threads/move-the-world-spawn-location.6657/#post-64318
At the time it seemed like people don't want to move it. Could be different now but better be put to a vote

I will refer to this conversation that we had:
https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/community/threads/move-the-world-spawn-location.6657/#post-64318
At the time it seemed like people don't want to move it. Could be different now but better be put to a vote
Yea I did mention we talked about it before, I just feel it makes so much sense to do so as the front hall is a larger area and a lot easier to explore from as it is a noticeable area rather than basically spawning in a closet and trying to find your way out. Of course if there are more people against it then we won’t do it but it is just another barrier than is unnecessary imo.

Little update to see if there was any movement, and if not to try and give it a bit of a nudge.

There was talk of an area in the northern Wold that had some old footprints which I feel the terrain was quite nice and fit with the area from the movies that the Uruk stop and smell Aragorn. It would be very cool to add that back to the path as from my point of view it adds a bit more to the area rather than running along a beige field for 10 minutes.

I am at the point now where I want to try and ask if it is too much to get perms to add some stuff myself. From what I can tell most people are happy with a bunch of these additions, it just comes down to someone doing it. Atleast the very least I am more than happy to go round and fiddle with the Fellowship Path, but that comes down to permissions which I will probably not get.

- The boats on the Anduin are 5 files that we already have textures and free blocks for in rp R.
- ol'Toby sign takes two seconds
- King's Foil is also quite quick and easy, especially for an area that isn't finished just to have something there is a plus
- Boromir's tree is probably the most contentious but is easily doable

As for the mainworld spawn it has been a convo for so long that I am close to giving up on it as most are comfortable with it being as is, which I have said multiple time I dont agree with,

If This Is Indeed The Will Of The Council Then Gondor Will See It Done Lord Of The Rings GIF - If This Is Indeed The Will Of The Council Then Gondor Will See It Done Lord Of The Rings Boromir GIFs

If I am overreaching here then thats fine but I am ready to put all these in but need to figure out the politics of such. I just feel that the small details like this make exploring the server worthwhile so to have someone going through the books to find little additions and add them would be a boon.

Last edited: