• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

texture gondor

Slowlex_

Yellow Flower Puncher
Commoner
Credits
XP
there are still some default textures that look weird in the normal world. sometimes it looks so weird
2018-07-08_14.52.00.png
2018-07-08_14.52.41.png
2018-07-08_14.49.29.png

Rose bush and coarse dirt will have proper textures in the next release of Gondor pack.
For magma block there is still no use. If you have a good suggestion post it in this forum, but don't forget it emits some light ;)

I thought it was cool and has been used in the past as embers for a fire, or a fire that just went out in a fireplace, I will try to make it more like that though once Mordor rp is done.

The rose bush actually have a custom texture in some texture packs I believe but it is very similar to vanilla. As for the magma block it is the only light source in the game that can produce different intensities of light levels. It illuminates with the same light level as the highest light level that has come into contact with it since it was placed but perhaps we can make that controllable using plugins. What do you think @Eriol_Eandur?

I didn't know about that special magma block behaviour. I'll check out if it's usable.

I believe in new Gondor pack the rose bush has that texture @ryttyr is referring to.

Last edited:
I guess the special light behaviour of magma block is just a spigot server but. I can't find any information about it at the minecraft wikis and when I force a lighting update the additional light vanishes.

I guess the special light behaviour of magma block is just a spigot server but. I can't find any information about it at the minecraft wikis and when I force a lighting update the additional light vanishes.
No. Though technicallya bug it used to be a feature of vanilla Minecraft. I guess they fixed that awesome bug :(

It's not hard to create similar effects by plugin. But I don't really want to rely on plugins for light sources. If the plugin breaks they would be gone.