• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Resolved Texture packs clearly not working properly but I'm playing 1.14.4... What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amerhabe

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
I'm trying to install the Gondor2 resource pack that was shared at world spawn, but the game is telling me it may not work properly because it was made for an older version of Minecraft. And when I go in the world to play, I see chessboards showing me, I presume, that I'm missing stuff. What's going on here? I attached a screenshot of what it looks like where I entered the world.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 3.31.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 3.31.03 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 197
Also, I can't fly... now but I could during the quiz...Am I not supposed to be able to fly as an adventurer?

The Gondor2 resource pack is for mc 1.12. We are still in transition phase to 1.14 and the resourcepacks for that version are not yet finished. Quite well working snapshots for 1.14 can be downloaded at our Discord. They are pinned to #dev-public channel.
Easiest way to get these packs is to enable server resources in minecraft. The server will send you the correct resource pack for each region.

Flying can be enabled by command /fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.