• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Texturers, look here!

Wodleth

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
Hello everyone,

I will be organizing the progress of our resource packs from now on and we're in need of good texturers. If you think you have the talent we need, please send me a personal message here on the forums with a sample texture of your liking!

If you are good enough, I will contact you and get you up to date with the rest of the guys.

Good luck and I hope to see some great stuff from the community!

Lol - would have missed me because I only get emails of notifications for the relevant sub-forum. =p But I decide to check in every once in a while. =D

Seems like a good place to post this - could somebody retexture a painting to a bow? I'm not sure which painting could be replaced, but the bow is desperately needed, especially in the Gondor and perhaps Rohan packs. I have recently built two armories and a ranger cave where the only option was to leave empty shelves or to put bows in item frames, both being less than ideal. We could also put bows in village houses to represent hunting bows, in addition to the paintings being placed in barracks and armories. If someone is willing to do it, this texture would improve many buildings throughout Gondor! Thank you!

the bow is desperately needed!
Agreed. Loth pack has a decent bow that occupies slot 7. It would be really easy to just copy that over. I still think it would be better to make a new one though, since that one looks kinda elvish.

Already some good ideas, I'll organize a Google document for requests and ideas once I get home.
A news post about the resourcepacks is a great idea, might throw something out once we have a few new textures!

@wodleth you may wanna see what can be done with new Footprint textures in the 3 other packs?
Activator rail in Gondor/Rohan appears to be the only one open
All rail but plain seems open in Lothlorien.

EDIT: guess I should hyave rephrased that to what's used lol

Last edited:
@wodleth you may wanna see what can be done with new Footprint textures in the 3 other packs?
Activator rail in Gondor/Rohan appears to be the only one open
All rail but plain seems open in Lothlorien.
probs the powered versions of the powered rail and activator rail, or unpowered and powered activator rail

So I tried something, thoughts?

I want to change the pickaxe color as well, but for some reason the program Im using doenst have an ink brush to make that easy, but if you like em, I can make the arrangements

jbxX1gFR2qecs5_e.jpg
jRlh1fheATTod_e.jpg
jK9bioTIsd0NK.png
j0IDjSl2MEm4w_e.jpg
jNBuqHfVNzr9x.png

Last edited:
Fantastic Design. =D

I would suggest that if the icons were used as tiny icons that the images inside are zoomed in more so we can actually pick out the details. But as they are the images are fine.

As per request of @Finrod_Amandil , here is a side by side with more lore appropriate colors
old:
jbekd2NK1nohX0_e.jpg
jM5xTKlDUxsPS_e.jpg
j7JKxqP46qYNY_e.jpg
jsBLWAPgC8Hdc_e.jpg
jbgtRRK8EM9pmc_e.jpg

new:
jLKi1islqHp1j_e.jpg
jxemYQtdKkPus.png
jbjbL0e9RU7nue_e.jpg
jRcPOFzc6FjKv_e.jpg
jbgtRRK8EM9pmc_e.jpg

I am not sure if I will attempt the ones with purely rings as I am pretty satisfied myself with the current ones. I think the pickaxe adds some fun depth to the icon and that the pictures within are visible enough where it is easy to distinguish the location and what region it belongs to (@SugarKoala )

Last edited: