• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The Dead Hobbits Society...

ShaneoftheDead

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
The other night, I had the strangest discussion on Tolkien on another Discord server in a voice channel with someone that I can only describe as being a member of The Dead Hobbits Society. I'll try to remember it all, but it went something like this:

Buddy: No, I hate anything that Peter Jackson did....

Me: You hated Lord of the Rings???

Buddy: Yeah, I didn't like them. The books were far better.

Me: I love the books too, but you can't put everything in the movie. I thought Jackson did a good job.

Buddy: He did not do the Hobbits right. They never grew. They stayed stupid through all the movies.

Me: Well, I would have liked to see the Scouring of the Shire, but that move was already so long...

Buddy: No, I'm talking about all that they went through. Nothing changed them. They died and were brought back and they were still ....

Me: What??

Buddy: and then they died again and were brought back...

Me: Wait! Hold up! The Hobbits did not die.

Buddy: Yes, they did. They all died.

Me: At what part of the movies?

Buddy: No, only in the books.

Me: When???

Buddy: When they were in the tomb.

Me: The Barrow Downs?

Buddy: Yes, there, they were all dead, except for Frodo.

Me: I don't...

Buddy: They crossed over and were dead until Bombadil brought them back to life.

Me: ...don't think they were dead.

Buddy: No, they died.

Me: ...I'll grant that they were near death. But I do not believe they were dead.

Buddy: They were dead and...

Me: That's and interesting take on...

Buddy: ...they almost died again in the woods.

Me: What?

Buddy: Yes, when they met the elf woman.

Me: Who? Galadriel?

Buddy: Yes. Galadriel wanted to kill the hobbits.

Me: *laughing* WHAT!!!

Buddy: She wanted them all dead.

Me: No!

Buddy: Yes...

Me: No. I see how you could argue they died in the barrow, but I am 100% certain that Gladriel did not want to kill them. When they were brought before her and Celeborn she tested each of them, mentally, but she did not want them dead. I listen to it once or twice a year and just last month (from my audio book tour) so I am certain.

Buddy: Well, I have not read it in a while. I will have to read it again, but I thought she wanted to kill them.