• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Almost there :)
10518980_703563929679215_3408851459597446711_n.jpg

Oh god the name change... Why did they have to change the name...

In Peter Jackson's words,
Our journey to make The Hobbit Trilogy has been in some ways like Bilbo's own, with hidden paths revealing their secrets to us as we've gone along. “There and Back Again” felt like the right name for the second of a two film telling of the quest to reclaim Erebor, when Bilbo’s arrival there, and departure, were both contained within the second film. But with three movies, it suddenly felt misplaced – after all, Bilbo has already arrived “there” in the "Desolation of Smaug".

Wait, so they had considered making it just 2 movies? Why not, Peter Jackson, why not?!?
Also, does that poster mean they're going to seriously play up Bard and add some drama/character stuff/other crap to him?

Guillermo Del Torro, who was originally making the Hobbit, planned on 2 movies. And when Jackson picked it up they ran with that idea for a while, before changing it to 3. In Hindsight, its a real shame Guillermo didn't make the Hobbit, might have been a more decent version instead of a complete sellout.

Last edited:
Peter Jackson is ruining everything...the Hobbit isn't supposed to be action packed...it's supposed to be about how Bilbo goes from being a lazy old hobbit to being a...less lazy old hobbit. Wow, that sounded really bad.
Okay let's be honest for just a sec. We may all sit here on the forums, bitchin and whinin about Peter Jackson, but in reality the films are still pretty good, we are all still gonna see them in theaters some one during the opening week, and we will all feel satisfied with the movie at the end!

I'll probably go see the movie anyways, I've already wasted the money on the first two movie tickets, might as well finish it. But although i dislike them for their lore inaccuracy they are also just bad pieces of film, imo. Heck, even viggo mortensen has bitched about the films overuse of CGI and deviation from the books. But yeah yeah yeah, bitching dont change nothing, sellouts be sellouts.

I'll probably go see the movie anyways, I've already wasted the money on the first two movie tickets, might as well finish it. But although i dislike them for their lore inaccuracy they are also just bad pieces of film, imo. Heck, even viggo mortensen has bitched about the films overuse of CGI and deviation from the books. But yeah yeah yeah, bitching dont change nothing, sellouts be sellouts.
I know right! I didn't like the first two movies either. A single movie, without Tauriel and Arzog and Radagast and Necromancer, would have been much better!

There's something disheartening about a guy as awesome as Sir Ian breaking down on set because the entire scene of the feast in Bagend is done via CGI. The dwarfs & Bilbo were all 'shopped in after, which means he filmed the entire scene, sitting by himself in a room full of green. The CGI definitely gets to me, but I understand why they use it.

The movies are made to be box-office sellers and make money. To do that, the action needs to be there, and sometimes the directors do take "artistic freedom" in portraying the story on the screen. That all being said, you'll find me in the theater on release day watching that movie.

Search for 'The Hobbit: Dwarfed Edition'. I will say no more.

Thanks! I never heard of it. Sounds nice.

So they basically just downloaded the movies and cut out the parts not in the book in a program like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. So easy.

Why did I never have this idea?

Yeah, on the subject of name change....If the movies are bad it isn't because of the name change it is because of the content, and also, as Fire said, we are all probably gonna see it anyways, (except for Smaug, that is :) )