• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies

Okay let's be honest for just a sec. We may all sit here on the forums, bitchin and whinin about Peter Jackson, but in reality the films are still pretty good, we are all still gonna see them in theaters some one during the opening week, and we will all feel satisfied with the movie at the end!
Never said the movies wouldn't be good, just said that Peter Jackson is messing it up, and no, I never go to the theaters, I always wait for the movie to come out on DvD.

I assume that, like the last two and somewhat the lotr films, they will be good movies, just not at all near lore. If they have to emphasize the battle of the 5 armies so much, it better be a damn good movie battle.

I assume that, like the last two and somewhat the lotr films, they will be good movies, just not at all near lore. If they have to emphasize the battle of the 5 armies so much, it better be a damn good movie battle.
I remember in the two towers extras, Jackson said they cut down the battle of helms deep because there was too much "flab" and it got boring if it was longer than 15 minutes. I can't help but laugh that the entire movie is now named after a battle that wasn't really in the books. I also bet everything involving smaug will be an hour, all the good story stuff will be like 30 mins, then the battle will be another hour and a half. Then a 5 minute epilogue for the journey home. Story be damned, apparently all people want is bouncing dwarves twirly elves.

... Story be damned, apparently all people want is bouncing dwarves [&] twirly elves.

But the twirly elf is sooo pretty.... and Canadian :D
Evangeline-Lilly.jpg

Last edited:
Going to be honest, the Hobbit movies are much better the books.
I seriously love what they did with Bard. Only part I dont agree with in the movie is when they covered Smaug in gold. That whole chain of events was full of un realisms.