• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies

All of my other @#!*% aside. "The defining moment of the middle earth legend" sounds utterly ridiculous and is just not at all correct. (but fuk the book anyway amirite)
How could u sir? The book is a fine piece of literatur......
....wait, a talking purse? Well, so what, you think that because of one little thing like that......
....the trolls names? Errm, well I suppose they could've been better thought out lore wise.....
.....the child themed narrative? Uhh, I will have to get back at you on this......

All of my other bitching aside. "The defining moment of the middle earth legend" sounds utterly ridiculous and is just not at all correct. (but fuk the book anyway amirite)
Well to be honest, what do you want them to say? "The not-so-important-event-in-the middle earth legend!" or "The battle-in-the-end-of-the-book-that-no-one-seems-to-remember of the middle earth legend!" It's a movie and they need to advertise it.

Well to be honest, what do you want them to say? "The not-so-important-event-in-the middle earth legend!" or "The battle-in-the-end-of-the-book-that-no-one-seems-to-remember of the middle earth legend!" It's a movie and they need to advertise it.
maybe something not 100% cliche might be cool.

Saw it yesterday and thought it was good movie, not as good as the second one but still pretty good. I do however think that the movie is at it's best when you marathon through the other ones before, seeing as The Battle of five armies is sort of focused on remembering the great adventures they've had etc.

I saw it on wednesday in the german "vorpremiere"

Attention Attention
, if you havent seen it yet and dont want to read an opinion before watching, dont read further. but i can tell you so much: go and see the movie, then come back. Thx

still here? I say to you, there might be spoilers! Leave now, if you havent seen it, or read the book!

... You are still here arent you? ... Alright, i also like to live dangerous...

Ok, you have been warned :p

Ive spend now 2 days thinking about all of it, im still not sure about it, but here you go.
Overall I really liked the hobbit movies. I really loced to see a movie from middleearth again and to be able to see it in the cinema was awesome ( i was slightly too young, when the lotr was in the cinema).
But .... I do have to say, that the hobbit movies could not life up to the expectations, the lotr left behind. They were great and entertaining, but not so touching and deep, like the lotr trilogy.
Wich leads me now finally to the last movie.... Yes it is a good movie, it is entertaining and exciting. But for me it was way to goofy at times, just in comparison with the return of the ring, (wich still leaves me in tears at some scenes, on a bad day) it was just a little flat and not really a good ending for this trilogy. For example (Final spoiler alert) when fili and kili and also thorin die, there is a completely unfitting funny scene between gandalf and bilbo, I really thought: "Oh, Peter Jackson, what were you thinking!?" ...
And then there is something, wich is a problem i have with movies in general nowadays. I feel like all the progress in filmmaking does not lead to better movies. The HD, the 3d all this might lead to a better looking film, but not really to a better film. It is like all the explosion in a michael bay movie, its eye candy, but not more. Quentin Tarantino by the way refuses to shot with the digital technic, because he says it "Cills the cinema". Now with the third part of the hobbit we have the HFR and i just have to say, it adds nothing to the film, it is good looking, but not more interesting to look at, i hope you know what i mean.

I saw it on wednesday in the german "vorpremiere"

Attention Attention
, if you havent seen it yet and dont want to read an opinion before watching, dont read further. but i can tell you so much: go and see the movie, then come back. Thx

still here? I say to you, there might be spoilers! Leave now, if you havent seen it, or read the book!

... You are still here arent you? ... Alright, i also like to live dangerous...

Ok, you have been warned :p

Ive spend now 2 days thinking about all of it, im still not sure about it, but here you go.
Overall I really liked the hobbit movies. I really loced to see a movie from middleearth again and to be able to see it in the cinema was awesome ( i was slightly too young, when the lotr was in the cinema).
But .... I do have to say, that the hobbit movies could not life up to the expectations, the lotr left behind. They were great and entertaining, but not so touching and deep, like the lotr trilogy.
Wich leads me now finally to the last movie.... Yes it is a good movie, it is entertaining and exciting. But for me it was way to goofy at times, just in comparison with the return of the ring, (wich still leaves me in tears at some scenes, on a bad day) it was just a little flat and not really a good ending for this trilogy. For example (Final spoiler alert) when fili and kili and also thorin die, there is a completely unfitting funny scene between gandalf and bilbo, I really thought: "Oh, Peter Jackson, what were you thinking!?" ...
And then there is something, wich is a problem i have with movies in general nowadays. I feel like all the progress in filmmaking does not lead to better movies. The HD, the 3d all this might lead to a better looking film, but not really to a better film. It is like all the explosion in a michael bay movie, its eye candy, but not more. Quentin Tarantino by the way refuses to shot with the digital technic, because he says it "Cills the cinema". Now with the third part of the hobbit we have the HFR and i just have to say, it adds nothing to the film, it is good looking, but not more interesting to look at, i hope you know what i mean.
I agree completely, I realize that the Hobbit is a lighthearted book, and I think the jokes would be OK if the rest of the film wasn't trying to do a LOTR impression, if you know what I mean. Sure, making it less of a kid's movie helps in some ways, but in other ways it screws over the material.

I agree completely, I realize that the Hobbit is a lighthearted book, and I think the jokes would be OK if the rest of the film wasn't trying to do a LOTR impression, if you know what I mean. Sure, making it less of a kid's movie helps in some ways, but in other ways it screws over the material.

yep, i know exactly what you mean. im afraid, the problem is also i expected something different after the ending of the second part.

I only just got back from watching the film, and I must say I feel sad that the whole Middle-Earth journey with Peter Jackson has come to an end. I think the movie had a fitting climax, but the ending seemed to be a bit rushed, espically after Bilbo returned the shire. I personally wished Peter Jackson had added some things towards the end, including some bit which reflected on the end of the lord of the rings, with the vision.

SPOILERS!

With the Beginning, I loved the Battle with Smaug against Bard the Bowmen, and the events in lake-town were one of the main highlights. However, Its a huge shame that Smaug was only in it for the beginning, even though the book was written like that.

I felt the Middle was slow, up until the arrivals of the Dwarfs. It felt like an hour of "Oh, Thorin is going mad over a bit of money, Army from the north, Bilbo fled and trying to advert war with Bard and thranduil. (this was probably down to my Eagerness to watch the main battle). Also, Screw Alfrid, he was a waste of time for my viewing. He pissed me off so many times, and drew away my enjoyment from the film at times, espically in the middle when no action was taking place. Rant over. However, I did love the middle section with Gandalf being rescued by the White council, and Galadriel going Crazy. Awesome!

When the battle hits off, I thought the CGI was Perfect in this film, and not too "fake" as many people have made out to be in the other two. The battle and the conversations throughout were perfectly balanced, and well paced. (Also, If anyone is curious, I thought the Kili - Tauriel relationship story was done right, not too in the way like the ending of the last film, thought tauriel was the perfect addition to the story).

The action was top notch, the acting was well done, especially by Martin freeman and Richard Armitage, were outstanding and deserve commendation. With the ending, the Eagles arrival seemed to end the battle, similar to how quick the battle was ending with the arrival of the army of dead at the battle of Pelennor Fields in the Return of the King. I also did tear up when Kili, Fili and thorin all die.

when fili and kili and also thorin die, there is a completely unfitting funny scene between gandalf and bilbo, I really thought: "Oh, Peter Jackson, what were you thinking!?" ...

to be fair with this part, I didn't find that scene funny at all, It was them two chuckling as Gandalf is trying to smoke a joint. I did think it was fitting, but that is just my opinion.

For me, the ending felt a little weak. I loved the part when Legolas is given the task to go and search for strider (Nice mention about arragon), and the bit where bilbo says to the remaining dwarves left to visit him sometime, where they "don't have to knock next time". Other than that, the auctioning of bilbo stuff by the shirefolk was unnecessary, and the departures of gandalf seemed odd. But i did like how it came to join back to Bilbo 111th Birthday.

Overall, this film for me was the best out of the three, and I could feel the emotion put into the film. The hobbit series was a blast, and I can't now Imagine how they could do it again in one film. I think my problem with this last film, why it didn't impact me like the other two, was my emotions of not wanting the film to end, and thus conflicting my experience. The hobbit wasn't a money grab like people say, it was one last adventure, which peter jackson wanted to share to the fans of Middle Earth. He did the book justice, and tolkien with the movies, including the Lord of the Rings. All I say to him is this, thank you for the amazing time to middle earth, it has been a blast!

Disclaimer: All of above is my opinions, I'm sorry if you don't agree with them.

to be fair with this part, I didn't find that scene funny at all, It was them two chuckling as Gandalf is trying to smoke a joint. I did think it was fitting, but that is just my opinion.

:eek: hm ... now that i think about it ... you are somehow right, i personally didnt found the scene funny either, it was more the problem, that the most of the audience in the cinema was laughing at this point ....