• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies

:eek: hm ... now that i think about it ... you are somehow right, i personally didnt found the scene funny either, it was more the problem, that the most of the audience in the cinema was laughing at this point ....

In my cinema, people were crying from the deaths, so no one found it funny, only thinking of relief that both Gandalf and Bilbo had survived.

I loved the part when Legolas is given the task to go and search for strider (Nice mention about arragon)

Even though Aragorn was a 10 year old living in Rivendell at this point.

I can't now Imagine how they could do it again in one film

Check out the Dwarfed Edition. They've already edited the first two into a two hour movie, and once the BotFA Blu-ray comes out they're going to create a three to three and a half hour movie. It's already a far more enjoyable experience.

I only just got back from watching the film, and I must say I feel sad that the whole Middle-Earth journey with Peter Jackson has come to an end. I think the movie had a fitting climax, but the ending seemed to be a bit rushed, espically after Bilbo returned the shire. I personally wished Peter Jackson had added some things towards the end, including some bit which reflected on the end of the lord of the rings, with the vision.

SPOILERS!

With the Beginning, I loved the Battle with Smaug against Bard the Bowmen, and the events in lake-town were one of the main highlights. However, Its a huge shame that Smaug was only in it for the beginning, even though the book was written like that.

I felt the Middle was slow, up until the arrivals of the Dwarfs. It felt like an hour of "Oh, Thorin is going mad over a bit of money, Army from the north, Bilbo fled and trying to advert war with Bard and thranduil. (this was probably down to my Eagerness to watch the main battle). Also, Screw Alfrid, he was a waste of time for my viewing. He pissed me off so many times, and drew away my enjoyment from the film at times, espically in the middle when no action was taking place. Rant over. However, I did love the middle section with Gandalf being rescued by the White council, and Galadriel going Crazy. Awesome!

When the battle hits off, I thought the CGI was Perfect in this film, and not too "fake" as many people have made out to be in the other two. The battle and the conversations throughout were perfectly balanced, and well paced. (Also, If anyone is curious, I thought the Kili - Tauriel relationship story was done right, not too in the way like the ending of the last film, thought tauriel was the perfect addition to the story).

The action was top notch, the acting was well done, especially by Martin freeman and Richard Armitage, were outstanding and deserve commendation. With the ending, the Eagles arrival seemed to end the battle, similar to how quick the battle was ending with the arrival of the army of dead at the battle of Pelennor Fields in the Return of the King. I also did tear up when Kili, Fili and thorin all die.

to be fair with this part, I didn't find that scene funny at all, It was them two chuckling as Gandalf is trying to smoke a joint. I did think it was fitting, but that is just my opinion.

For me, the ending felt a little weak. I loved the part when Legolas is given the task to go and search for strider (Nice mention about arragon), and the bit where bilbo says to the remaining dwarves left to visit him sometime, where they "don't have to knock next time". Other than that, the auctioning of bilbo stuff by the shirefolk was unnecessary, and the departures of gandalf seemed odd. But i did like how it came to join back to Bilbo 111th Birthday.

Overall, this film for me was the best out of the three, and I could feel the emotion put into the film. The hobbit series was a blast, and I can't now Imagine how they could do it again in one film. I think my problem with this last film, why it didn't impact me like the other two, was my emotions of not wanting the film to end, and thus conflicting my experience. The hobbit wasn't a money grab like people say, it was one last adventure, which peter jackson wanted to share to the fans of Middle Earth. He did the book justice, and tolkien with the movies, including the Lord of the Rings. All I say to him is this, thank you for the amazing time to middle earth, it has been a blast!

Disclaimer: All of above is my opinions, I'm sorry if you don't agree with them.
You should become a film critic, kyz!

If you do go to see the movie, don't laugh during moments when you shouldn't. There were plenty of people who did and it rustled my jimmies. Otherwise, take in the beautiful shots and have fun :+)

If you do go to see the movie, don't laugh during moments when you shouldn't. There were plenty of people who did and it rustled my jimmies. Otherwise, take in the beautiful shots and have fun :+)
It's fine to laugh if one of the characters makes a joke, but............
.........please don't laugh at the burning people running from Smaug, it makes them sad.

It's fine to laugh if one of the characters makes a joke, but............
.........please don't laugh at the burning people running from Smaug, it makes them sad.

But those are the types of things that make me laugh! Also people dying slow deaths (Boromir for instance) and crying babies.

It physically hurt me that I genuinely disliked that film...

Its funny how the entire theme of this movie was to not let fortune ruin you as a short, hairy, bearded man.... You thought I was talking about Thorin? I was talking about P Jackson

LETS ALL GO BACK TO WATCHING THE LORD OF THE RINGS ON REPEAT AND PRETEND THE HOBBIT NEVER HAPPENED! YES? YES.

Hopefully when they release them on extended blu-ray. All the parts that were missing from the book can be edited in over the silly stuff they added. Isnt there a group of people mashing all 3 films together into one edited version? Im too lazy to google that right now.

Aslo, SUPER DUPER SPOILER

SPOILER

Seriously, its down here....

I was a bit upset mostly the way it ended.

It was like, people die, Bilbo leaves, the end. They could have put in how Thorin was buried with the Arkenstone. Also who was made king under the mount. and why. And at least done a little of the journey home. Its like "if you stop by, don't bother knocking", then hes at home, then its LotR: FotR....

Seriously!

But overall, having waited 20 years to be able to WATCH this story instead of read it, it was worth the wait. No "hating" here. :p

But those are the types of things that make me laugh! Also people dying slow deaths (Boromir for instance) and crying babies.

well burning people isnt so funny to me, but i always burst into laughter seeing this guy:

XD how quite he becomes, when the propeller introduces himself

Hopefully when they release them on extended blu-ray. All the parts that were missing from the book can be edited in over the silly stuff they added. Isnt there a group of people mashing all 3 films together into one edited version? Im too lazy to google that right now.

Aslo, SUPER DUPER SPOILER

SPOILER

Seriously, its down here....

I was a bit upset mostly the way it ended.

It was like, people die, Bilbo leaves, the end. They could have put in how Thorin was buried with the Arkenstone. Also who was made king under the mount. and why. And at least done a little of the journey home. Its like "if you stop by, don't bother knocking", then hes at home, then its LotR: FotR....

Seriously!

But overall, having waited 20 years to be able to WATCH this story instead of read it, it was worth the wait. No "hating" here. :p
Well, at least it didn't have infinite endings.........;)

Howdy Hey, gonna throw in my shilling:

• Billy Connolly (Dain II Ironfoot) looked like something out of The Looney Tunes ( CGI Rated 10/10 by The Economist).

• Every conflict scene with large amounts of people looked like something from when the Fire Nation attacked ( CGI Rated 10/10 by The Sun).

• The lack of blood covered swords caused me to shrivel and disintegrate in a corner ( CGI Rated 10/10 by The Guardian).

• The fact Legolas ( Whom imo was a useless addition ) goes on the hunt for a 10 year old 'Strider' made me want to go to Sea World and punch a dolphin in the face.

The film was interesting, but i felt happier to hear the soft voice of Billy Boyd singing at the end.

Read my full review in this Sunday's copy of the Independent, your most trustworthy paper for a balanced and fair agenda and opinion.

• Billy Connolly (Dain II Ironfoot) looked like something out of The Looney Tunes ( CGI Rated 10/10 by The Economist).

• Every conflict scene with large amounts of people looked like something from when the Fire Nation attacked ( CGI Rated 10/10 by The Sun).

• The lack of blood covered swords caused me to shrivel and disintegrate in a corner ( CGI Rated 10/10 by The Guardian).

• The fact Legolas ( Whom imo was a useless addition ) goes on the hunt for a 10 year old 'Strider' made me want to go to Sea World and punch a dolphin in the face.

The film was interesting, but i felt happier to hear the soft voice of Billy Boyd singing at the end.

Read my full review in this Sunday's copy of the Independent, your most trustworthy paper for a balanced and fair agenda and opinion.
You are actually the biggest troll. 8/8

10/10 people found this review helpful