• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Sunday Times~ [06/08/14]

Which format was easier to read?

• Everything Centered

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • Everything to the Left

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
qZRemZY.png

General Update

To the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the -- terribly sorry, what I meant to say is hopefully you noticed the change in format this week as I am trying to mix things up, hopefully for the better, after receiving some great advice from last weeks edition. Anyhow, it is that time of the week again to embark on the journey that is, the MCME Times. The server is currently making unbelievable progress right now with all of the ongoing hard work being put in by the community so there is lots to cover. I again make the effort to make this double digits edition better then the last. So please, sit back, relax, and prepare to enjoy the Tenth Edition of the MCME Times.

Project Plans

Wz7zTx1.jpg

• Minas Tirith (Almost There): Though it seems like just yesterday that the once Pink City was first put together and planned, this project is quickly drawing to a close. All of the houses have been pasted in to the lower level as roads and other great details are being added. So with the finish line in sight, be sure to offer a hand to the project staff so we can wrap this one up, put a nice bow on top, and call it a day! The screenshot above is thanks to @aaldim .​
  • Osgiliath (In Progress): The rich district is rapidly coming together as on sight building continues in the Northwest corner. If you are interested in contributing to the build, be sure to poke a staff member to run a job in order to allow you to build your own house. Otherwise, keep an eye out for various jobs run by @Will_em around 9pm GMT +1 for those who are interested​
  • Cair Andros (In Progress): Various buildings continue to sprout up in the military stronghold of Cair Andros. Be sure to check out the wonderful stables, barracks, and other various builds that have been done this week by artists and staff.​
  • Ithilien (In Progress): Progress on Ithilien has quickened recently. With the rivers and their respective sources nearing completion and the terrain of the plateau finally looking a bit greener in comparison to the barren dessert it once was, it is only a matter of time before the forest will finally take root (get it) and come to dominate the terrain. In other words, jobs soon!​
  • Pelennor Fields (Done)
  • Gondorian Villages (Done)

Media of the Week

This week @freshmilkymilk graced the server with his amazing Gondor Trailer which I thought justified even changing the name of a Times section in order to include. So below is the video that he put together highlighting the progress so far and calling people to MCME in order to aide the building process.

Status Updates

Promotions:

None

Resignation:

None

Community Outreach

Journalists Wanted: If you are interested in writing a section for the MCME Times, please message me on the forums with your idea for a guest column to be included in future editions. This can be anything from a brand new section, to taking over a current section that you think you can do better which, lets be honest, you probably can if you put your mind to it

Times Feedback: Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message me your thoughts on the forums.

Blunder of the Week: This weeks edition goes to the New Players World. This week it came to our realization that there was no possible way to escape the "wrong answer" box during the new player questionnaire. Whether this means that we have been trapping countless muted thralls in a dark stone box for a few weeks or everybody has been magically passing it, it is hard to say at this point...

Quote of the Week: This week goes to the adventures of Valar @Credoo and Thrall anahshea. After repeating the same line three times, Credoo came up with, and then proceeded to save a response in case the phrase was uttered again. And, sure enough, he got his chance:

anahshea: I hate the hobbit. its stupid. my brother wanted me to play
Credoo: I love the hobbit, its brilliant, my sister didnt want to play

So remember kids, dont spam chat with the same thing three times or a Valar just might save a response and wait ever patiently for you to say it again...

Fable of the Five Wizards: If you havent already checked out the most recent MCME adventure map, be sure to download it HERE as not only is it great, but it also now includes a variety of patches and fixes to some problems you may have encountered as the developers are only human in that sense. With the exception of maybe @ScoobyDeezy , that man is flawless.

Development Post

Finished: Both block breaks and graphical problems concerning fire are now fixed. Also, items no longer appear in flower pots.

Meet the Staff

Name: iSMiTHz

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Current Rank Held: Foreman

How did you find out about MCME and when did you join?

I joined MCME in December 2012 after searching for Minecaft Lord of the rings servers as well as watching many MCME YouTube Videos such as Jessie Cox's series.

What was it like when you were a thrall/commoner (droog/member)? Any nostalgic moments?

I spent most of my droog days on freebuild building a crappy Barad-Dûr tower and improving my creative skills with the weekly themedbuilds. If not on freebuild, I was addicted to exploring MCME build or brutally murdering players on the old PvP server! The most nostalgic moment to me on MCME was probably the Osgiliath Build day. Being my first and only build day on MCME, I absolutely loved it! I'd never witnessed so many keen and enthusiastic players in one location before.

What was the first staff rank you got? Why did you apply/shoot for that rank?

I was promoted to Foreman in February 2014 so I'm one of the newer staff members of MCME. I’d been artist for nearly a year before that and I wanted to do so much more! I applied for the rank of Foreman because I always wanted to do my very best to help the server and keep the community together. I try to keep people entertained by running jobs and with my general dry British humour...

Is there any type of architecture or server job that you enjoy working on the most? Why?

I enjoy all kinds of server jobs! Any job, no matter what it is, I enjoy helping and contributing to it. Currently, I particularly enjoy creating river sources and mountain lakes. I get all of my styles and river concepts from the Scottish highlands: the highlands and islands of Scotland is how I imagined what Middle Earth's landscapes would look like. I'm really looking forward to future projects such as Henneth Annun in North Ithilien. So many river jobs to run! ;)

What is your favorite thing about MCME?

My favourite thing about MCME is undoubtedly the community. When I first joined, I recently had received eye surgery to attempt to reduce the blindness in my left eye. It was quite successful, yet it did leave me with a flipping big scar and an eye patch. In real life, every once and a while, down the street I would get the occasional knobjockey who would laugh at this, leaving me very conscious and embarrassed about how I looked. When I joined MCME however, my insecurities were instantly subdued by meeting players who shared the same goal and loved the same books/films. To sum up this sob story: to me, MCME is a safe haven where you can quickly escape to and forget about real life obligations and worries. :)

Do you have any other hobbies outside of MCME (besides MC and gaming)?

Outside of MCME, I study Music Production at York St John University. I play Trumpet, Piano, Guitar, Bass, Harmonica and sing. I have also set up my own small buisness where I compose and sell soundtracks. As a hobby, I enjoy hiking in the Scottish Highlands and rope climbing. I also regularly enter bouldering competitions (no-rope climbing) all over the UK and coach at the University’s Mountaineering Club. I've only fallen once and cracked a rib, for now! ;)

I hope you found this insightful and interesting, see you on the build server!

Closing Statement

Hopefully, after seeing all of the amazing progress done in just the span of a week, you can agree with me in saying that the server progress right now is absolutely incredible thanks to the hard work and dedication that is being invested into the progress as a whole. Hopefully you liked the new format, but if not, be sure to voice your opinion just the same. And as always, comment your thoughts below! And, personally, I really like the quote this week so be sure to take it to heart a bit.​

"Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success"
-Henry Ford

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry Ford was a terrible man, he was a massive Anti-Semite and helped the Nazi's to produce aircraft engines.

Most hugely rich people in America in the 30's and 40's were anti-semites. Up until the US entered the war (WWII) you were allowed to have international relations with anyone, including those damned nazis. He wanted to make money, MORE money insisting that international business could negate wars... he was wrong, and in the end became on of the largest B-series plane supplier to the US govt.

In the end yes, he was a money grubbing dirtbag. Again, just like the rest of the super rich Americans in that era, and this one too for that matter.

Henry Ford II? There is a stand up guy! ;)

Oh, I totally forgot what I really meant to post in this thread.

BLUNDER OF THE WEEK!!??!

Did no one else notice the chunk wide strip from Minas tirith to the anduin that "MYSTERIOUSLY" got deleted?

"SOMEONE" got some coordinates wrong when moving/copy/pasting the Grond themed build.

Just sayin, that was a big blunderererrrerererer

Oh, I totally forgot what I really meant to post in this thread.

BLUNDER OF THE WEEK!!??!

Did no one else notice the chunk wide strip from Minas tirith to the anduin that "MYSTERIOUSLY" got deleted?

"SOMEONE" got some coordinates wrong when moving/copy/pasting the Grond themed build.

Just sayin, that was a big blunderererrrerererer
It technically wasnt until Monday that this was found soooooo next week?

This is awesome! Ever since I found this server I could not wait to see Gondor in all of its glory and splendor! I can't wait to gather my fellowship and head on a journey to Minas Tirith. That is my favorite city in LOTR by far! This is looking absolutely splendid! Keep up the excellent work!

Most hugely rich people in America in the 30's and 40's were anti-semites. Up until the US entered the war (WWII) you were allowed to have international relations with anyone, including those damned nazis. He wanted to make money, MORE money insisting that international business could negate wars... he was wrong, and in the end became on of the largest B-series plane supplier to the US govt.

In the end yes, he was a money grubbing dirtbag. Again, just like the rest of the super rich Americans in that era, and this one too for that matter.

Henry Ford II? There is a stand up guy! ;)
I'll have you know, with some photoshop, Henry Ford's face was ON THE SPHINX! Yeah!

Totally legit don't search the interweb.

Annnnyyywwwwayyyssssssss enough about Henry Ford (not my best inspirational person, I liked the quote, had no intent to spark a historical debate over his views and actions)

Lets talk about the MCME Times shall we :D

Status
Not open for further replies.