• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~[12/29/2019]

Happy New year!

Just kidding, only two more days to go!

OUaXcww3_6NW2vEy3AYOj6917IBqCgqqRxLDoJDHGGnW2p4B7nOdWOLCP_VmKYPQvMvsWSP-MnR_jXvG4CM0FJnm7Mz-47EPy6h3bnsms1hB8kzJY0qdehW5cmsnvkJegEaptJ_E

Editor's Note by Soarz

This year is coming to a close and with that many achievements along the way. Alot of progress was made this year, not just within our server but in our community as well. We see as Lag - i mean Dol Amroth is finally finished putting us closer to our true goal of making all of Middle Earth in minecraft. We also see as roles are changed around as Valar pass off there tasks to new upcoming talent to make way for a new generation of MCME Valar. As well as more people join the team, of course we have also lost some along the way, but they will always be with us. With that this year has come to a wrap, as well as our memories we will carry with us forever, i hope you enjoy this week's Edition and have a great read as this is our final edition of 2019.

~ Project Progress ~

Anorien - Lead: @Oberanio | In Progress

Report by Monster_Duck

Anorien lays dormant waiting for new textures. There are still many rustic towns to explore throughout Anorien.

Anorien 7.png

Misty Mountains – Lead:@Finrod_Amandil | In Progress

Report by Monster_Duck

Progress in the Misty Mountains has iced over, and it is patiently waiting for the 1.13 update.

Misties 7.png

Lond Daer – Lead: @Ivan1pl | In Progress

Report by Monster_Duck

The planning of Lond Daer is progressing slowly but surely. A new concept is in development for the Lond Daer style which resembles Byzantine architecture.

LD 7.png

Moria: Fellowship's path – Lead: @DoctorDaom | In progress

Report by Soarz

Progress is rather slow currently but there are still people working none the less. Additional halls on the fellowships path are getting planned out and starting to be built as well. Furthermore, Creedo is working on his great shaft, its looking better and better each time he steps foot in it. Planning organisation will maybe be changing in the next year, so we have that to be hyped over!

Moria 7.png

Osgiliath – Lead: @ooitsbirdo | In progress

Report by Soarz

This city doesn't know the meaning of slowing down, it has progressed quite a bit since our last edition. The main camp is close to being done through planning, and new structures are being put up every week.

Osgiliath 7.png

~ General Announcements ~

Become a Donor

Keeping MCME running is not free, every month we have to pay $235 to keep up all our work. Donations help us keep doing what we love and providing you with amazing builds to look at. Donations are not required but greatly accepted, if you want to help us in our feat of rebuilding Middle Earth in Minecraft you can donate here.

Viewing Donation Drive: Community Costs

Our Donors

#MCMEdoesnotrunitself

#NEWS

Survival Server:

As said in the document below, it's true we finally have survival in MCME. You can chat in general chat while you are killing mobs, everyone always wondered if this would ever happen. Well wait no more its finally here.

Winter Events:

The winter time is coming to a close on MCME, but there is still many things to come.

1. We have the New Years party which is on January 3rd at 10:30 GMT, so go and celebrate another great year.
  2. The MCME Writing Competition is your chance to show your talents in you guesses it, writing. From the winter events document you can find out what category you can enter as, and its not too much pressure.
  3. Finally there is our Carol Singing, its still ongoing, it doesnt end until the 4th of January so there is still time.
Make sure the thank your fellow guide for the work that went into all these wonderful events. While artists have builds they pride themselves in a great community event don't let that work go to waste.

New Theme Build:

Our new theme build is Rhun House that will be in /rp g texture. Check below for more details, also don't forget to vote for the next theme build.

~ Rank Updates ~
Report by Didi45

@NicovicTheSixth
I am quite sad about informing to you all that Nic has decided to step down from his role as Foreman (But this is not the first time he's done it so who knows how long this will last :p) In any case, we thank Nic for his work on the server, especially at Moria. We hope to see you around, take care and don’t be a stranger!

Resignation

~ Interviews ~

Text Example

Interview with @Duke0fWellingt0n

Question 1. What made you wanna become an Artist?

I think there was a build day in Dol Amroth sewers the day I joined. I felt really good during jobs, I loved to help make this world and constantly watched discord waiting for another ping. Later I started to get plots, a few people said I should apply for artists, I was a bit hesitant at first, but only for a few weeks, I had never really been a part of anything like this before. one day I finally decided to apply and then I began on my journey.

Question 2. Who is your favorite player and why?

That is tough, most people I know are so fun to be with and would hate to decide one of them. with that I would have to say Eriol. Eriol works so hard for the server and works mostly alone on many plugins and updates.

Question 3. What's your favorite place on MCME?

Debyt fol, nah, would have to be the Moria mines. I love all the detail and the maze like caves filled with mining equipment and supports, as well as a few secrets from dav and sierra

Question 4. What's a piece of Lord of the Rings lore you are proud to know?

Couldn't really think of anything so I looked up Lord of the Rings lore facts and number one was that Arwen and Aragorn are cousins, so ummm, cool.

Question 5. What is the best thing you’ve done on MCME you are really proud of?

The armories on the guard post for my trial just feel really good for me. I have done more grand and elaborate things however whenever I come back to those armories I just can't get over them

Question 6. What made you join MCME and why did you stay?

I found this server through the Keralis tour, at the time I was actually looking for another mine craft server but that video came up first on the search results. I was quite excited and being honest I only watched maybe 30 seconds of the video before finding the ip and coming on, as I said before there was a build day in the sewers of Dol Amroth that happened the day I joined the server. Getting right into building was really fun for me and was a lot of what kept me on. I feel quite lucky to have joined then when there were a lot more jobs. A steady flow of jobs kept me active and working, as well as the eventual plots I was able to do.

Interviewer: wazowskithewhite

~ Winners of the fortnight ~

This week we have another round of amazing builds and Media posts. We only choose from the best every time, so hard work does pay off. Sometimes it can get competitive and that is what will win a place here. Please give a warm welcome to this Times, winners of this week.

MEDIA Winners:

jXP6nf1.png

I want to thank the MCME community (once again!) for the great number and great quality of screenshots. It gives me a wide choice to cherry pick the best screenshots from. With this rate of photographing, I am concerned there will even be any completed projects to make screenshots of!

THEME-BUILD Winners

o6nqIbr.png

Even though not many theme-builds have been built, the theme-builds that have been built look promising. Choosing the winner was hard, so I chose for the most finished theme-build. Congratulations to papituns for winning this fortnight’s competition and thank you to the other people who worked hard on their theme-build!

~ Lore of the Week ~

Of Galadriel:

Born Artanis ("noble woman") which was her Father-name and Nerwen ("man-maiden"), which was her Mother-name (referring to her height and strength), was the fourth child born to Finarfin and Eärwen during the Years of the Trees in Valinor. Though the source of her hair colour was from her parents, it was said among the Eldar that her hair had captured the light of the Two Trees of Valinor, which resulted in a unique and dazzling colour of gold and silver. According to a legend, this is how Fëanor conceived the idea of capturing the light of the trees inside the Silmarils. Despite her mixed blood, she was identified as a princess of the Noldor, as her father was the third son of Finwë, High King of the Noldor.

During the Darkening of Valinor, she was very independent and visionary. She swore no oaths, but the words of Fëanor concerning Middle-earth kindled a desire in her heart, as she was eager to see those wide unguarded lands and rule a realm of her own. This resulted in following her people and family, with the exception of her parents. To Middle Earth during the exile of the Noldor. In Beleriand, Galadriel and her eldest brother Finrod Felagund came to Doriath as guests of Elu Thingol, the King of Doriath. It was there she met Celeborn, a kinsman of Thingol, who would become her husband and companion in Middle-earth. It was here she received the name Alatáriel, which was the Telerin Quenya name given to Galadriel by Celeborn, meaning "Maiden Crowned with Radiant Garland", which referred to her hair. The name “Galadriel was chosen from Artanis (’noble woman’) to be her Sindarin name, for it was the most beautiful of her names, and chosen as an epessë (‘nickname’) from Celeborn. During her days in Doriath, Galadriel became friends with Queen Melian the Maia, and they spoke often to one another about Valinor. Melian was eager to learn the causes of the Exile of the Noldor, after a time Melian was able to guess what occured in Valinor, and finally Angrod, brother of Galadriel, told Thingol what happened and Galadriel left for Nargothrond to live with her brother Finrod, however returned to Doriath after some time. Galadriel and Celeborn did not have any significant role in the general course of events in the War of the Jewels. It is said that even before the Fall of Nargothrond (F.A. 495) she passed over the mountains, so presumably she was in Eriador, far from the turmoil of the last years of the First Age.

During the Second age she ruled the fiefdom of Harlindon with her husband under High King Gil-Galad which mostly comprised of Sindar. Eventually they left for Eregion inS.A. 750, which was under the rule of Celebrimbor and lived there until they left for Lindórinand after meeting with the Nandor of Amdír. During this time and before the destruction of Eregion Galadriel also received Nenya from Celebrimbor. Following the destruction of Eregion and the migration of a lot of Sindarin speaking Noldor to the realm of Amdir, the first white council was held in the newly founded Imladris. It was also at this time that Elrond fell in love with Celebrían, daughter of Celeborn and Galadriel. They then dwelt in Edhellond for some time.

After the death of Amdír during the War of the Last Alliance, Galadriel and Celeborn left to jointly rule Lindórinand afterwards the realm was called Lórinand (Valley of Gold) and Laurelindórinand (Valley of the Singing Gold), which through some transformations turned into the later name of Lothlórien or Lórien. Galadriel, with the power of her ring, protected the realm throughout the Third Age. During and before the War of the Ring, Galadriel was fairly active in the affairs of the world, participating in the banishment of Sauron from Dol Guldur, helping and guiding the Fellowship of the Ring when they passed through her realm, offering them each unique gifts, chief of which was the Elfstone which she passed to Aragorn, and 3 strands of her hair to Gimli, a gift she denied Fëanor many years before. Not long after the departure of the Fellowship she received the resurrected Gandalf. She reclothed him and gave him a new staff. After Gandalf left, Lothlórien was subjected to three successive attacks by armies coming out of Dol Guldur. By the power of her Ring they were thrice repulsed. Celeborn then led an attack on Dol Guldur itself. Once the dark fortress was in the hands of the Galadhrim, Galadriel came, threw down its walls, and purified it of its evil. It was her last act of power, for the One Ring was destroyed, and the strength of Nenya waned and eventually vanished almost completely.

Galadriel attended the wedding of Aragorn with Arwen, then returned to Lothlórien. But in T.A. 3021, two years later, she bade farewell to Celeborn her husband and went West to Valinor. With her went the other two bearers of the Rings, Gandalf and Elrond, and Frodo and Bilbo Baggins who had borne the One Ring. They passed West, and never came again to Middle-earth. There in Valinor Galadriel must have tried to heal Frodo of his spiritual wounds.] Whether she was successful or not is unknown. But sometime later during the Fourth Age she received Celeborn, her husband. And in Fo.A. 120, it is said, she received Gimli her admirer, who was the first and only dwarf to enter Valinor.

~ Question of the Week ~

This Week's Question:{Question}

How many sons did Fëanor have and what were their names?

Question: {Question}

What gem was placed in the Nauglamír that was so precious?

Correct Answer: {Answer}

A Silmaril

Winner: creeperpig0

Presented by: Arothir Alamáreo

~ More Media ~

You know us, we love sharing our progress and Twitter is the perfect place. Give us a good follow and always have something to look forward to on your daily scroll. Just to spice it up, comment your favorite parts of our builds at

MinecraftMiddleEarth (@MCMiddleEarth) | Twitter . You won't be disappointed!

Sometimes you just want to enjoy some quality pictures, we got you covered. Head on over to our Facebook account, try following us there too Minecraft Middle-Earth

But of course, the most important and obviously most used social network is of course Planet Minecraft! Be sure to give us a diamond there. It costs nothing! Minecraft Middle Earth Minecraft Server

~ Advertisements ~

Artist

Ahh yes. We all know the question. “How can I build?", As well as the responses “You can try a theme build” and “You can take part in jobs." The other answer is “Apply for Artist”, and the last option is by far the most exciting. Being able to build in your favourite places all the time. Sounds awesome. We can never have enough Artists, and with a wide range of current projects, there’s plenty for you to do!
Are you inspired to join MCME’s main build rank? You can apply for Artist/ today on the forums! The Managers, Designers and current Artists will work with you and help you on your journey.

Guide

Or perhaps, you’re not a builder. Well. That’s not a problem! Becoming A guide is obviously the better option anyway. As a Guide, you’re the forefront of MCME, and there’s no greater feeling than when someone says your tour was awesome. You don’t actually have to be a lore nerd either, you’ll pick up on lots really quickly.
When you join the Guides, you’ll be giving tours, running minigames and testing players in lore quizzes, or if you prefer less “on the spot” stuff, Guidebooks are obviously your zen, or helping to tell MCME about MCME by writing up articles in the times. You’ll also plan help plan events such as The Summer Events and The Anniversary Events. We hope you join us soon, because us Guides really would love some more of us. What’re you waiting for?
Just click Guide and apply today!

~ Closing Statement ~

This year flew bye so fast, but that's ok, it makes the transition into 2020 so much better. Sadly, this is the end for this week, the next time you'll
see us it will have been a Decade imagine that! Anyways don't forget to like, comment and subscribe ;)

Great job for the Times Team, who did what they had to do, great job!

Quote from JRRT

“They say it is the first step that costs the effort. I do not find it so.
I am sure i could write unlimited first chapters. I have indeed written many.”

4wNNln87NRd6ZC7db5VyTWycit18qzXAtYw7VWA2932EiZpH8pneGWYfZj1YRzeYGhTLaQ2vvRDX7XajA-XD2VjV3APb6Ft173bmQ_FHNGNvsXV19BengM1_ezNsvKohzzFtcWq-

The Official MCME Times

mcmiddleearth.com​

Last edited:
Answer: He has 7 sons called Maglor, Celegorm, Caranthir, Curufin, Amrod, Amras and Maedhros. Luckily I have been watching lots of F.A videos. :D

Last edited:
*Answer: He has 7 sons called Maglor, Celgorm, Caranthir, Curufin, Amrod, Amras and Maedhros.

Do I win for fixing the typo?

Nice with descriptions for each screenshot and Theme Builld, I really liked that.
Also, I think MusicPhoenix20 is on to something with their complete medieval domain as the theme build is actually Helms Deep and not just the Hornburg.