• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ [25/03/18] Project Progress

glCWfPaC_HGgoJp1t0lRGodNomoBqVAfhdlEsB1dEgVFE6SCKqkjZPV8cq9eXtHThNR91H0hWWNokN14mdzkQryoAajTFxMQvymc0ushtdUMGm8AJodGMhok_dqlscrzNLJP6fvt

The Official MCME Times

NBv74GLEyqu4x8mpoFJeWrg6uK28MieTZazSIYb3XT0zam585IiG0wE95ilO3GoLtZfnta5AeWHFfIVwOJoDz1jBUG6FivKu7u4tNiX5esZfiwFAh4puCotFghxlMj_bZ8t1EYsc

The Big Waste Of Times!
Spring is coming right around the corner so get your shorts and hat on!

HT8HMzKwVPPkXQT6r2pMRgKBpZHdDsGDwdZaq0KeQ01WTnH5cUfemnZU9qd_scB43vneWUTvkHQ56370jKiepH0-OaZ5HuvwoAVsAkTaNhVrQgWI7tyq2sflquDfNL2C7peEKyg4

Editor's Note by BWOT

The reason I love this job is that I can put my own name in the title :p . However, on the serious note: we are making a lot of progress. I am so glad to see the change which is about to come (you might not know it yet but trust me… its good). Even though we had some bumps this week, and we have lost two staff members we are looking at problems in our community and addressing them so that we will have a more productive, a more coherent and most importantly a stronger community.

~ Project Progress ~

Andrast - Lead: @jacenpeter | In Progress
Report by LegoCellist and BWOT

No progress has been made in the last two weeks which is a shame due to the amount of planning which was put in. I hope we can get this back on track.

UkMcHGy6v443RRWJ9-nFfO-3G2dA6LacyOIGhGQRutrqRZ43bRJ4CrD053Jq7zqWFq62mnK4jqfT1FZj8UOV9gAuv2OUTvgO8pxnlB_gvuDtejq7fkWF9_WSc0upQzs6Bsk-57gU

Belfalas – Lead: @Darki In Progress
Report by Eriol

No progress as far as I know.

QC9Fl3dGHM6EN-UBwca_vfvYuRcAQx-t_8k5PdH_eD0Wh7D-MrRbErbjm-2GZRPWphQpW36ZM1_gs06o-ZavlJI2cbnM0Tn_8boCxeTXv6u5UQAFIRv4W4hrwfThsZXoWlXBebIb

Dol Amroth – Lead: @Thijs1801 In Progress
Report by BWOT

Tremendous progress all over Dol Amroth, planning on sewers is underway because guess what…. Drum roll… all the houses in Dol Amroth have been built and finished. Derp checking still needs to be done across the city, however the end is near. The palace is getting its interior done by Eriol, Thijs and a whole team. Surprised it's not finished already :D Then we also need Patrick to finish his farms and fields.

QD_sEJwK4WAtQ3aSpQFwoqwgH7iXKh7ZcsMTYLxWhSppaJeMtH7qBYxfwGT1wxOsGwIRPgt5BWfEHSAP-GnqCU5qP5UIQZ5LhyYG-phhBjNQfQkCE7bQV63SslT1qnbQpq1VLHyy

Mordor Terrain - Lead: @BWOT + @Eriol_Eandur | In Progress

Report by Pants

No progress has been made these last two weeks.

DnByaKvNjPqKaFOCWzJhNizYAZoaSD15y5m_rPTG8MGkIgif2-WRkAOmQqqcLDKUbjBE-2eobssDqR57COqd59a9f6rlbmpRSCOQ0X1WdXakaqniAfpvD5X_bBPZeWwnOs2ZHfka

The Noman Lands and Dagorlad – Lead: TBD In Progress
Report by Pants

un086UVLOVtV6li5-7TWQs3ix1XZjlKX2vK4Ld8LqzJFCTHbRBI3IrdyW8jvT5MhHuDVmSZbHjBLD7OKNwAddzZn2E8ALm1KYX18dTPXvjlAk-PK53G9ATUiFM8TiFNluEHhxYUW

Moria – Lead: @Despot In progress
Report by awaywind

Progress in Moria seems a little slow, though it did take many years to build in the ‘actual’ Middle Earth. The trials seem to be now that halls lay empty, waiting to be filled by the imagination of builders.

BWOT: All lies, the central dwelling is getting a significant amount done which makes me very happy. Thank you Jesia and Nap!

cylImTgVFOxoGm6lndsbEGJRrLhh8IlngLeJlVOKBTXdCROJjD9NJtlQobyMT3xJulyFFoZF_xCDWMIVQUVb6RdI1dCSrRzuh1D2SONwFS1SoisZD3PGuNxArAWx-6wTQtaJLnRQ

Tolfalas - Lead: TBD In Progress
Report by Pants

ULsl0HmZNYQ2arIoSctyfi6j2rnQKxCIjVIcHNLH8buCSYqZCRFiLpB8npSdb5RQoVpIUft0G9AjEyaGVLGGZqNtyW_nxUXtig7hKDU4EzhaPKM4Ger3PCG5i-7_UrfxTSbGnT9v

Ship Build - Lead: @BWOT | In Progress
Report by Pants and Super

Wow, check out this awesome warp and maybe do some building as well!
There has been some progress with @didi45 finishing another ship, expect awesome builds to come!

nuthWnXqgNZV_14tIIJsDLPnIhMgcTiKIAywP4OXugDEgnePrdoGz9k-KXRO8shveH47StCxbWwH-WqdE8PeueKD7P4GK-Q1cVqqG9dOrQGhH0KX522ervoVcpRMTuquuRivGdSy

Tree Build - Lead: @RubenPieterMark | In Progress
Report by Super

No progress has been made these last two weeks. Note to @RubenPieterMark : please direct message me (BWOT) if you still plan on continuing this

L6gL2LI3kqg1iIBIT9PKcQEct7LpKrLnsaq5I6ot1Ftj6vQI48Hg26jlEZWkvElpeo8Pv5iavlz0FmV4CzVS2NHknxftPn-NIUKDIEUCkAS5p9ecMP6m26NxU-gL5SkO9fFHKeyr

~ Texture Development ~
Report by Finrod

Gondor RP merge
I am sorry that I have to admit that I was not able to make any major progress since the last Times on the RP’s. But I am looking forward for the couple of free days around Easter to make a huge leap forward in this.

To get the latest infos about this process, check out this thread: Gondor RP Update Thread [v2.4]

~ Plug-in Development ~
Report by Eriol

MCME Badges

I spent some time to configure the dev server for badges players can get additionally to their main role (rank). In this way a Guide with good building skills could get building permissions like an Artist. Other badges could give access to World-Edit, Voxel, Minigames, Jobs and some more.

hKmMpdA4332cgNKrIscUEUyP79hdUvFQkW1TCge0sUQrrmB5H9HzEd1jnGdQo92Xa_rqcOZLB_dVjJPRkZGWaV76S8ScPt8S6o3tWuAIV4bH9-_wTedSKqs_waphNjWEPcqvvJUT

**DISCLAIMER by BWOT** The idea of badges is still being decided on with the structure, should it be done and etc. This was just a test / step to see if it was possible

Job announcements on Discord

@Merlinc01 was nagging me over the last weeks to get automatic job announcements on Discord. Just kidding, thanks a lot for your input @Merlinc01 ;)

He also did quite some research how to implement his idea and now it’s working fine at the dev server. There is just one issue, I can’t manage to put newlines into the discord message. So if anyone has an idea please send me a pm.

LINK TO THE ANNOUNCEMENTS: https://www.mcmiddleearth.com/threads/the-mcme-times-25-03-18-announcements.4646/

Last edited:

MCME Badges

I spent some time to configure the dev server for badges players can get additionally to their main role (rank). In this way a Guide with good building skills could get building permissions like an Artist. Other badges could give access to World-Edit, Voxel, Minigames, Jobs and some more.

hKmMpdA4332cgNKrIscUEUyP79hdUvFQkW1TCge0sUQrrmB5H9HzEd1jnGdQo92Xa_rqcOZLB_dVjJPRkZGWaV76S8ScPt8S6o3tWuAIV4bH9-_wTedSKqs_waphNjWEPcqvvJUT

**DISCLAIMER by BWOT** The idea of badges is still being decided on with the structure, should it be done and etc. This was just a test / step to see if it was possible​

Not that i'm particularly active on this server but i think those badges are quite ugly.

Job announcements on Discord

@Merlinc01 was nagging me over the last weeks to get automatic job announcements on Discord. Just kidding, thanks a lot for your input @Merlinc01 ;)

He also did quite some research how to implement his idea and now it’s working fine at the dev server. There is just one issue, I can’t manage to put newlines into the discord message. So if anyone has an idea please send me a pm.
Lol, guys, huge credit goes to @Eriol_Eandur tho, for getting the coding right :D.

Not that i'm particularly active on this server but i think those badges are quite ugly.
As @BWOT said, it's just a test to check that colored characters can be added at any position of the chat name. I didn't spent time on thinking about a nice appereance.

How would a nice badge look like? Suggestions are very welcome.

As @BWOT said, it's just a test to check that colored characters can be added at any position of the chat name. I didn't spent time on thinking about a nice appereance.

How would a nice badge look like? Suggestions are very welcome.
"&7[&(color)(letter/whatever)&7]&r "

->
[B] = [Build]
[T] or [G] = [Tours] or [Guide]
[J] = [Jobs]
[W-E] = [World-Edit]
[VOX] = [Voxel]​

Last edited:
"&7[&(color)(letter/whatever)&7]&r "

->
[B] = [Build]
[T] or [G] = [Tours] or [Guide]
[J] = [Jobs]
[W-E] = [World-Edit]
[VOX] = [Voxel]​
It might look something similar, but we will decide all this when we decide on the badge system we are using. But thanks for the idea.

The Point of ranks is to show other people what ur able to do...
I believe you can make things appear when you hover above certain letters or words in chat, so it tells you what the letter means when you hover over it. So I'd have it somewhat like this:
Artist[F][+]barteldvn:
I'd also still keep a Artist-Guide difference but with a [A] tag for guides who want to build and a [G] tag for artists who want to guide, but to show which category they focus on.