• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #27/16 - One Update to Rule Them All

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening Statement

You thought you could get away from my writing that easily? Not so fast!

What a week! There is a ton of stuff that either happened or is currently happening on the server that should be reported. I will do my best to sum everything up in this edition of the Times without dragging on for several pages that nobody will surely read. I hope everyone is just as excited for the increased server progress and updates as I am.

As always, sit back and relax with your favorite morning beverage (OJ is good), and enjoy this week's issue of the MCME Times with Fire!​

Project Progress

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

I am proud to announce the nickname sandrast is no longer fitting, for about 80% of it is now stone and ready for some serious detailing. Also Wroxxite has been doing some nice terrain work down in the south by messing with sandstone layers on the coast.
-Jace
Anfalas (Almost Done) - Lead: @kisos

I finished the northernmost of the previously-unfinished rivers. Kisos tells me he's working on the southern river, and I'll be pasting in trees in the northwest corner of the region. You can definitely expect to see this region drawing to a close in the coming weeks!
-DSE
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

Belfalas - Rimaer is close to being finished, and will soon with @Eaglz back in the green armour. Goldarce is coming along nicely too, and Ruben has been working with adventurers ont he Ghosthunter's house north of Greymane. Eriol is voxeling like crazy in the southern parts of Belfalas and I've been very busy playing Black Flag.
-Thijs
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @Eriol_Eandur

No Progress.
Misty Mountains (In Progress) - Lead: @Finrod_Amandil

Nothing new in terms of mountains as Fin was on vacation for the week.

However, Darki ran a huge 3 hour job in the Gladden Fields and completed a relatively large portion of it!
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No Progress.
Valleys of Celos and Sirith (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

It was a great week around the Celos river. After a few hours of voxeling, I was able to finish up a few mountain transitions, two river sources, and the terrain for a village. In fact, samgamgee built a small lumber mill and @kisos took a break from his usual work in Anfalas to help lead village construction for me while Ruben built a lovely mineshaft in Tumladen that I had almost forgotten about!
Switch-It (New - Almost Done) - Lead: @Fireinferno13

As a brief side project, I have been flying around the map making fixes for the upcoming RP updates. So if you see some weird beet or flower combinations, its my bad. Specifically:

Beets - Adding beet crops and replacing the current jungle saplings. I will hopefully finish designing new, custom textures for MCME to replace the current gross default beets. It will be nice to have a new crop to plant!

Flowers - The blue flower that currently occupies the "orange tulip" slot (yes this is confusing) is being moved to the "blue orchid" slot to make room for a new orange wildflower texture. I have been scouring the map for flowers to convert in order to preserve lore important locations.

Jungle Logs [Rohan] - These logs were originally the same texture as oak, but were recently converted to the darker variant similar to Eriador. Therefore when I was flying around Rohan I ensured that there were not any accidental jungle logs still in play.
[Public Project] Fennas Drúnin (Done) - Lead: @thomasd16

The main town and respective farmland were completed this week. Well done to everyone involved as it turned out to be quite the nice addition to Eriador!​

Plugin Development

Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

Work on the plugin resumed. I'm currently reworking conversation-based animation editor to allow different types of animations (2 types planned: stationary - animating blocks in animation area; moving - moving blocks and players standing on them).
-Ivan
Plotbuild Plugin (Small fixes in progress) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

No known progress this week.
New New Player World (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur, Assistance: @_Luk

With some fixes made, Staff are in the process of testing out the New NPW.
MCME-Architect and Minigames (Testing in progress) - Dev: @Eriol_Eandur

With the implementation of 1.10 on the server, hopefully we will be only around the corner from the final addition of MCME Architect on the server.
PvP Server - Dev: @DSESGH

No known progress.​

Resource Packs

Mordor Pack (In Progress) - Lead: @bender400

No known progress this week.
Mobs (In Progress) - Creator: @Fireinferno13

As I am apparantly bad at multitasking, I was unable to make anymore progress on my mob textures. That being said, I was able to submit all of the current ones :)
Rank Updates

This is the week of returns!

The infamous Brazen has returned to the rank of artist now that he is back home from college for the summer. Always glad to see an old face return.

Ragsna123 has been promoted to
artist, while his gigantic Formenos build may not be complete yet it still well shows that his skills match the ones of the Artist rank and beyond!

In other news, Eaglz makes one of the quickest turn around back to the rank of
designer. For those of you who didnt even know he resigned in the first place, yes he is returning back to the rank.

Media of the Week

RubenPieterMark has been working on several server maps for those not wanting to rely on Dynmap. Be sure to keep an eye on this for those looking to explore the server more thoroughly!

c0djkov-png.6573

Upcoming

Server News

1.9/1.10 Update

As many of you know already, MCME has migrated to 1.10. This means that over the course of the coming weeks, you will likely run into bugs and other issues on the server that should be reported in this section of the forums in order to ensure the problem is properly fixed.

That being said, there are a lot of great things that come with the combined 1.9/1.10 update! For example, I have been working to incorporate beet crops into the server as well as a unique texture for MCME (hopefully in the coming weeks). As stated previously, this also means the addition of the MCME Architect plugin, developed by Eriol, which will help the efficiency and building of the server as a whole.

For more information on the update and known bugs, go to Q's thread here.

Reduced Restricted Items

Q is working on reducing the limitations on what blocks players can use, such as candles, in order to make it easier for players to build without relying on designers to swoop in afterwards and convert everything with voxel. Check out his post here.
Themed Build

Based on the poll, it looks like the next Themed Build will be the Forsaken Inn!
Scheduled Events

Jobs & Plotbuilds

Jobs for next Saturday will be announced in this thread over the course of the week. Be sure to ask Designers for jobs at any time, maybe they can offer something!

Nic's Planned Tours

The next schedule tour is at 15:00 BST (10:00 EST) on the 15th! For more information check out the thread here.
Community Outreach

Facebook Page

The facebook page is doing relatively well as people seem to be more engaged and interested now that we are posting more screenshots and general server news. I am always looking for more screenshots to share, so do not hesitate to post any here.
Closing Statement

See, this issue was not too long overall! Hopefully most people were not too perturbed by the major server update, but rather excited for what such changes have in store. Stay tuned next week for the return of DSE and the MCME Times!
. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Last edited:
Do you want me/people to point out gramatical errors?

1. Under Andrast next to Sandrast i -> is.

2. Under valleys of cellos and sirith after Samgamgee build -> built.

Not really, unless you want water appearing and disappearing at constant intervals ;)

I built a mill?

Oh, that one…the really weird one with the the big curved roof that needs its interior fixed…oh…

Oh no it's the attack of the grammar Naziis