• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~The MCME Times~ #47/16 - Gondor calls for aid!

qzremzy-png.5157

Opening statement

dt2t2lQ.jpg

EVERYBODY STOP! Stop what you're doing right now. Ask yourself "am I a decent texturer? Do I want to help make some textures?", if the answer is yes then I want you to go to this. Seriously, I need every capable person to help make gondor textures great again! If you're already an experienced texturer, or interested in starting out and think you've got what it takes, please help out! The quicker we get these textures finished, the quicker we can start building.

Anyway, welcome back to this weeks edition of the MCME Times! I will be your host for this christmas, as Mr. Fin is busy working away on his long to-do-list, he will be back again to join you as the host at around new years, in a few weeks! That's right, you'll all have to put up with me throughout these next few weeks :D

So let's get rooiiitte intoo the newwws! (For anybody who gets the reference).
Whats Up?

Project Progress

7ejKXf0.jpg
n5Zm2VA.jpg
fqxMdWZ.jpg
SoHP5hP.png
yQlZ8S4.jpg

Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @jacenpeter

No major progress here this week.
Belfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Thijs1801

Not much progress over here in Belfalas lately, though there a rumored signs of new saplings popping up to the west of the region. The local authorities are indicating that these will grow in a very quick period of time. - reporting live from Belfalas, Gondor - MCME Times crew.
Dol Amroth (In Progress) - Lead: @Eaglz24

Some HUGE progress this week on Dol Amroth. Also, before we start here, check out the Dol Amroth thread for all the updates, but for those who haven't been keeping up over there stay tuned!

@Eriol_Eandur, @Darki190 and myself have finished all of the terrain of the DA Promontory, included cliffs and hills but excluding the shores. Now @Thijs1801 and myself have moved onto sorting out all of Gondors new texturing, including those in the new Gondor texture thread. Progress on that has been moving rather swiftly, but cannot be finished until all of the textures are finished first.

Meanwhile onto some forests and technical work. Darki, @thomasd_17 and me have worked on a small forest concept, one that will overthrow the current forest found south of Lostfalls, as well as cover some more area around DA (see the Dol Amroth thread for the map). As well as that, Eriol and myself have been working on some new forest textures included a redstone wire moss texture, that can be placed over any block giving it a mossy cover, and some chorus fruit retexturing Eriol has mentioned to work as a branch, resulting from yet another idea Eriol has mentioned regarding the realism of our current MCME forests, and a suggestion to rework 'forest' trees, as to work in a more realistic way. To which we are now discussing in behind the scenes action.

And finally, Thijs and myself are now working on planning out the city using just wool for now (we can't start building until all the textures are made and organised into the blockstates). We used floating wool markers in the sky so mark out the several towns and color coded them according the DA map. For now we are marking out all of the roads in DA, to which afterwards we will mark out and plot the houses and larger buildings.
Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk

Pretty much no progress over in Lamedon this week.
Mordor Terrain (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

No progress in Mordor terrain that I know of.
Moria (In Progress) - Lead: @Despot666 & @Finrod_Amandil

The royal chambers have been finished, with lots of progress by @Ganderp and @Patrick_0901 in the area.

As well as the CoL build day yesterday, check out more below!
Tolfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz

Some minor progress in Tolfalas, by Tyran.
Valley of Erui (In Progress) - Lead: @Mandos

Again, none that I know of.
Texture Development

A lot of progress regarding textures this week. Firstly, like I already states above I have compiled a Gdoc to sort out and organize all of the recent textures, as well as moving some around from other MCME resource packs.

Not really that much to write here since I already said most of it in the DA section, so I'll just make a quick summary of what's new this week for textures.
  • New forest textures
  • Some tricksy redstone wire moss developement
  • Chorus plant branches
  • Further Dol Amroth texture progress.
Plugin Development
Animation Plugin (In Progress) - Dev: @Ivan1pl

Some work has been done for the animation plugin this week, @Ivan1pl has begun work on some features involving password and block triggers, meaning you can say something in chat, or clicking on a block to activate the animation.
Plotbuild, Architect & Minigames (Implemented) - Devs: @Eriol_Eandur & @Ivan1pl

Not much progress on this, this week that I have heard of
Block analyse / replace / switch Plugin (New) - Dev: @Dallen
As the URPS will come with a lot of changes to the packs, a lot of replacing and swapping out blocks will be necessary. Thus @Finrod_Amandil suggested a plugin with which it's possible to replace blocks on the entire map, or big regions, with a single command.
Rank Updates

Only one promotion this week, which is the promotion of @Glinting (In game name: TI_020601). Congratulations on Guide! Happy guiding!

Discussions

Discord
There has been some discussion about MCME moving to Discord. For anybody who wants MCME to either move to Discord, or to stay on TS, please be sure to vote in the thread! Also, leave an input on what you think about it.

Inviting a youtuber?
As well as the discord discussion, we also have a discussion about the possibility of inviting a Youtuber by the name of 'Keralis' to a tour of MCME. Give us your thoughts in the threads!

Here is a link to the thread Inviting YouTuber Keralis for a tour?
And also, a recent new poll has been created, so leave your vote! : Poll: inviting YouTuber Keralis?

We're adding back Foreman!
As you may have heard, at our last staff meeting we discussed some possibilities and ideas for making the Guide rank better. We ultimately decided the idea of re-adding the rank of Foreman. The details for this rank are still under consideration, but look out for an update on the rank! For more information, go over to last weeks edition of the MCME Times. ~The MCME Times~ #46/16 - Staff Meeting #20
Upcoming

Themed Build

Themed Builds are weekly build events that serve to show off your building skills and/or help you to gain the skills required to get promoted to the Artist rank! All instructions on how to participate can be found in the thread linked below.

Theme: Two Trees of Valinor
Duration: 1 week

Resource Pack: Lothlórien
Link: #40/16 - Two Trees of Valinor
Chamber of Light Build Day! (well, not really)

As many of you know yesterday was the Moria Chamber of Light build day! Big thanks to everybody who attended and helped out building, and to those who just came on TS to chill for the day. Although the Chamber of Light is not yet finished, there was some really lovely progress, and some very nice results. Check it out at /mvtp moria, /warp col
Closing statement

Welp, that's all for me this week, thanks for tuning in and i'll see you again next time!
. .

Like our Planetminecraft page daily to help promoting MCME!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Update for Architect plugin:
I added simple placement for powered and large doors. There will be items for them in the custom inventory and you will be able to place them just like ordinary doors.
full
full

Update for Architect plugin:
I added simple placement for powered and large doors. There will be items for them in the custom inventory and you will be able to place them just like ordinary doors.
full
full
Wouldn't yet add them to the Eriador rp for more colors for Hobbit doors