• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Title Screen Textures

In the promotion materials for LotR, they mainly just use the 3 dots over the a. U vould stick with that. I mean, ik it's not 'accurate' but @ScoobyDeezy you are right that the hobbits at least would proly have used at least some of the tehta in their writing. Of course, in the lore they actually wrote all in Tengwar, but watevs =P

The hobbits wouldn't have used the tehta for vowels - they used full letters.

PJ was trying to reference to the fact that the hobbits wrote in tengwar, but he didn't really succeed :p.
This makes sense. PJ, you're crazy.

2.1 contained some minor texture fixes, too, so I'll push out a new version without the accents - but I may keep a few on Eriador, if only to reference PJ and this little bit of trivia. :p Thanks for the feedback @wheelleee @Finrod_Amandil @Fornad @arcusthehero!

the general thought was that the accents, when used with the common speech, serve only a decorative purpose and don't actually serve a pronunciation function. The reason they were included, from a lore standpoint, would have been that a culture that rose up in Eriador, being so close to the Elves, would have adopted small bits of Elvish practices. It also provides a fantasy explanation for where the dot over our "i" comes from.

So was Jackson just off his rocker here?
Of course, in the lore they actually wrote all in Tengwar, but watevs =P
Arcus' point here implies something that is very very important and what very often gets missed: In Arda they did not know our latin alphabet at all also not for common speech, they all used either Cirth (Runes) or the Tengwar, so basically all things written with the latin alphabet are unauthentic.

The idea of just using the tehtar for decorative purposes doesn't seem reasonable to me, they would be "free" (not used otherwise) as Fornad stated
The hobbits wouldn't have used the tehta for vowels - they used full letters.
but still its just straightaway nonsense and if you really got the time to decorate your texts, there would be enough other ways to do so. I guess PJ did it to make it look more exotic and fantasy-like, but in ME Tengwar are nothing special and you kinda wouldn't use as much elvish as possible just because its especially interesting.