• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Topics for community meeting

BWOT

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hey guys so I don’t know if I will be in on the big community conference but I have some points which I think are good for discussion.
- So we all know the plot plugin and the job plugin well they have both disadvantages and advantages, in a job anybody chosen an build in an area not restricting artists or anybody else’s building restriction but can only be running when a foreman or designer are online, a plot can be worked on at anytime by the chosen person however no one else can build in that area. I am here to ask for a plugin which will allow the chosen person to build in an area given regardless if the maker of the job/plot is online and so that chosen person can work on it.
- Second, not everyone has discord, it’s the sad truth, can foreman plus be able to leave messages for these people when they come back online which will appear under the motd.

Plotbuild plugin already features what you want @BWOT. Everyone with plotbuild.supervisor permission can build in plots of other people. So far only Designers have that permission, but we could discuss to to give that permission to Artist+.

You can send messages to owners of a plot even when they are offline with /plot msg <message> (you need to be in the plot). Online owners of the plot will get the message at once formatted like a pm. Offline owners will recieve the message when they join the next time.

Last edited:
Another topic: diagonal ships! Most old members (staff) don't really like the idea, while the commoners/adventurers/artists like it. I think that's because they still have to get used to the idea a bit, but idk, that's why it could be a topic for the meeting.

To the diagonalship thing (@RubenPieterMark), which I thought we were done discussing months ago.
I want to state my opinions if I wont get to the meeting in time!

Advantages:
- Get diagonal ships (if that is an advantage)
- Could fit better in some areas where the terrain is diagonal
Disadvantage:
- The look of them often get really(REALLY) bad
- You get really angualr/edgy lines, not the pure straight line we get on other ships. (Perhaps a new type of blocks (texture) must be made?)
- Diagonal ships restricts the use of blocks (for example if you will have fences on the side of the ship, youll have to make them zigzag, which often has a bad look)
- When placing blocks (for example planks) diagonal, youll often have to place them zigzag to get a good and solid look, which increses the space inside/outside the ship.
- Back of a ship often has windows etc, wich must be diagonal as well (which again very often turns out to have a not great look)

To the diagonalship thing (@RubenPieterMark), which I thought we were done discussing months ago.
I want to state my opinions if I wont get to the meeting in time!

Advantages:
- Get diagonal ships (if that is an advantage)
- Could fit better in some areas where the terrain is diagonal
Disadvantage:
- The look of them often get really(REALLY) bad
- You get really angualr/edgy lines, not the pure straight line we get on other ships. (Perhaps a new type of blocks (texture) must be made?)
- Diagonal ships restricts the use of blocks (for example if you will have fences on the side of the ship, youll have to make them zigzag, which often has a bad look)
- When placing blocks (for example planks) diagonal, youll often have to place them zigzag to get a good and solid look, which increses the space inside/outside the ship.
- Back of a ship often has windows etc, wich must be diagonal as well (which again very often turns out to have a not great look)
I don't get what you mean with the angular/edgy lines thing and zigzag stuff, but for the other points for example the fences: you have to be creative for that and find solutions. And about the 'bad look', you have to practice with it and of course the first or second try will not look good. They will look great in harbors with diagonal docks; it would add a lot to the organic look.
But most importantly, if we get it to look good, it would really be a show-off factor that we can build nice ships, diagonally.

I don't get what you mean with the angular/edgy lines thing and zigzag stuff, but for the other points for example the fences: you have to be creative for that and find solutions. And about the 'bad look', you have to practice with it and of course the first or second try will not look good. They will look great in harbors with diagonal docks; it would add a lot to the organic look.
But most importantly, if we get it to look good, it would really be a show-off factor that we can build nice ships, diagonally.

I think we all can agree that great looking ships looks great, cant we? I cant find any great looking diagonal ship in minecraft at this point. Bring me one, and I will gladly change my mind. Its nothing to discuss really, because everyone agree that if diagonal ships turns out to be amazing in the end, we will have them. But again, at this point, I havent seen any diagonal ships I can call amazing.

83764cca85d8073ebbe6e944d80feeec.png

Red lines:
Visualizes that the straight lines (when placing blocks diagonal) are gone, and we get those angular lines, with corners.
White:
Visualizes what makes the angular lines. If we had blocks that supported diagonal lines, we would avoid the white dots (empty space there).

83764cca85d8073ebbe6e944d80feeec.png

Red lines:
Visualizes that the straight lines (when placing blocks diagonal) are gone, and we get those angular lines, with corners.
White:
Visualizes what makes the angular lines. If we had blocks that supported diagonal lines, we would avoid the white dots (empty space there).
Except that boats aren't straight squares but they're much more organic, so it doesn't really matter.
upload_2017-10-1_19-24-6.png

Except that boats aren't straight squares but they're much more organic, so it doesn't really matter. View attachment 10051

851f84c1b38203281861d8a721e061ab.png

However, the main lines will be exactly as I described.
A diagonal ship's diagonal and straight lines will switch place with a straight ship's diagonal and straight lines. It looks more better (and more logical, imo) on a straight ship when diagonal lines have blocks places diagonal, than when a diagonal ship has diagonal lines that consist of a straight line. Do you understand me?

I almost made one for the DA plots but tore it down because I realized it weren't lore accurate (it was like a viking longship).
you could have used it for tolfolas , if you build a decent ship don't destroy it

There are several small fishingboats, which look as great as other small fishingboats. However, there arent anyone but Ruben trying to build bigger and convincing ships. Building great normal ships are hard enough as it is, and building diagonal ones is even harder. So I think it will take alot of time to reach a point where we can produce good-looking great diagonal ships. At least more people should participate, but I dont know if anyone other shares the great interest in diagonal ships with @RubenPieterMark.

you could have used it for tolfolas , if you build a decent ship don't destroy it
Well at thi time of destruction it wasn't much more than decent and I had lost interest in my plot but didn't want to leave an unfinished ship. Then I heard how unappreciated diagonal ships were anyway so I destroyed it.

There are several small fishingboats, which look as great as other small fishingboats. However, there arent anyone but Ruben trying to build bigger and convincing ships. Building great normal ships are hard enough as it is, and building diagonal ones is even harder. So I think it will take alot of time to reach a point where we can produce good-looking great diagonal ships. At least more people should participate, but I dont know if anyone other shares the great interest in diagonal ships with @RubenPieterMark.
i doo so suck it KJ