Upcoming customisable 3D blocks in 1.8

This looks cool i agree but makign models you have to pay attention to number of small cubes your model is using. Too many of these in very common block wil llead to terrible lags. Open model file <yourmodel.json> and check how many items do you have in "elements". Normal cube is only one, while complex models in worst case may contain 100 or more small cubes. Thats why there is no way for us to have, for example, bricks model because it would lead to 1 fps in most of cities.
 
Ye, I think its redundant to make most of the fullblocks in 3D, like bricks or wood. But both the ladder and the piston head have only six element so I would think that would be fine. The chain/cobweb has 20 elements tho. I don't know how many there would have to be in order to effect the performance. I've been using the rp with these models, and I haven't noticed any performance issues.

This barrel has 10 elements, and it looks seriously cool imo
64PLN6o.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top