• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Upcoming customisable 3D blocks in 1.8

So if we were to update the ladder model, who is going to go around fixing it? In most places on the server there's a ladder voxeled in on the back of the ladder where it's usually invisible, but if we update it, we're not going to need the extra ladder on the back.

I don't think we'd need to modify these double ladders; if we don't use a too thick ladder model it'll still look fine.

I don't think we'd need to modify these double ladders; if we don't use a too thick ladder model it'll still look fine.
unless the rungs are at the back end and not in the middle, there's going to be weird slits in the middle of the rungs which would just look weird.

guys. mcme is unaccesible to me because of 1.8 update. pez may you update the server so i can play plez. i promised my youtube subs i would tour it :(

guys. mcme is unaccesible to me because of 1.8 update. pez may you update the server so i can play plez. i promised my youtube subs i would tour it :(
Just change your MC version to 1.7. We wont update till the plugins update.

The biggest impact of this definitely is having actually not ladders and other flatter textures (the binding rope rails or chain webs). Also I think an added bonus is it possibly being able to cover up that lack of mesh when you break an extended piston for turning wheels. The possibilities...

Reactions: B_n
Bringing this back with this one:

Totally reminds me of
Aragorn_and_Arwen_at_coronation.jpg

Messed around a little with BDCraft Cubik. Here's a look at Gandalf's Party Cart with 3D wheels, chains and ladder. Can you feel the hype?

allb8s8.png

Looks awesome compared to this one

LUyRKEx.png

What do you think? Feel free to suggest some more blocks I should make into 3D models.