• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled UPDATE: FlatBoulders Application for Artist Rank

Plexxl

Is going on an adventure!
Commoner
Credits
XP
While I'm not expecting to be an artist first time, but I want to show my dedication to the server and get feedback on my builds to improve.

Anyway:

I joined about two weeks ago and I have participated in multiple teamed jobs, mainly building and filling out roads and rivers (here and here). I want the artist role for a couple of reasons. The first is that I am a huge fan of LoTR (Favorite Movie: Two Towers, Favorite Book: TFotR). And contributing by essentially building my own Middle-Earth would be a dream come true.

While I have only been here for one themed build, I figured I should give it a shot, while it's rather two-dimensional I wanted to capture what a ruin of a castle's exterior would look like (I based it off of Helm's Deep) The coordinated are at -2479, 18, 40520. And while I am not the greatest builder, I want to show and increase my potential and get motivation and advice, something I can't get really anywhere else.

Thank you for your time,
FlatBoulders

UPDATE: Interior picture and screenshot now has resource pack (Rohan)

UPDATE 2: Added fortress, foliage/depth, and more screenshots

UPDATE 3: Changed wood texture for the fortress

Attachments

• 2019-07-29_16.27.42.png
    2019-07-29_16.27.42.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 196
  • 2019-07-30_11.44.35.png
    2019-07-30_11.44.35.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 182
  • 2019-07-30_15.32.56.png
    2019-07-30_15.32.56.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Hey FlatBoulders!
Great you want to help. MCME is a good place to improve building skills. First you should use our resource packs, they have so much nicer blocks that the default textures. Second you might want to have a look at @Will_em's builder feedback thread. You'll find tips there and I'm sure Will will give you some more feedback on your wall.
-Eriol