• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Update the Gondor ressource pack, please

slaMoria

Moria Hall Professional
Credits
XP
For all the people who have a bad computer which can't use the auto rps, may you update the ressource packs available on the forum ?

This is the shortest thread ever by laMoria

It's at the very top of my ToDo-List (among other things), I know how urgent it is, but I have not yet invented the time machine, so I got to gather the little bits of time I have. I will do the imprevements literally as soon as I can.

It's at the very top of my ToDo-List (among other things), I know how urgent it is, but I have not yet invented the time machine, so I got to gather the little bits of time I have. I will do the imprevements literally as soon as I can.
Thanks !!!

We are working on an other update for Gondor 2 rp to greatyl reduce the amount of itemblocks in Dol Amroth (almost half of the item blocks are trapdoors, which will be normal blocks after the update).

Once the Gondor 2 pack is finished (aka probably not too many changes soon) it will replace the old Gondor pack. That will need to replace a lot of blocks in all of Gondor. For most blocks this will be done by plugin. But still we expect a lot of jobs for special blocks and derp fixing. Obviously we don't want to do this twice so we will wait a bit until Gondor 2 pack is finished.

We are working on an other update for Gondor 2 rp to greatyl reduce the amount of itemblocks in Dol Amroth (almost half of the item blocks are trapdoors, which will be normal blocks after the update).

Once the Gondor 2 pack is finished (aka probably not too many changes soon) it will replace the old Gondor pack. That will need to replace a lot of blocks in all of Gondor. For most blocks this will be done by plugin. But still we expect a lot of jobs for special blocks and derp fixing. Obviously we don't want to do this twice so we will wait a bit until Gondor 2 pack is finished.
One other thing we should keep in mind is that the Mordor pack will need to be adjusted accordingly in order to create as smooth of a transition between the two packs.

What are we to do about the occasionally lesser good looking sacrifices that has been made to PT and the market area to make it less laggy?

What are we to do about the occasionally lesser good looking sacrifices that has been made to PT and the market area to make it less laggy?
If everything we have in mind works well with the Gondor 2 update we can undo the sacrifices, I guess.
The new Gondor rp, the one which is not for DA, was updated in December 2016, a year ago. The one for DA is ofc updated, but it's the Gondor 2, not the 1st
I don't there will be another update for the current Gondor rp. It will be replaced with the Gondor 2 rp (the Dol Amroth one).
Edit:
Sorry @slaMoria, now I understood what you mean (notice to myself, 1. reading carefully 2. answer). You were asking to make the current server Gondor pack downloadable from the forum resource page. :D

EDIT:
I downloaded the server pack and the pack from the forum page and I can't find any difference. Are you sure the forum download is outdated? If yes, which blocks are outdated?
Btw it is always possible to download the latest rps from GitHub: e.g. this one >>Gondor RP<<
(Download the zip file, then you have to extract the zip into your resourcepacks folder).

Last edited:
One other thing we should keep in mind is that the Mordor pack will need to be adjusted accordingly in order to create as smooth of a transition between the two packs.
I intend to have all RP's have the same set of terrain textures at some point, just to grant that. Only biome colors may be problematic (especially Rohan RP so far)

I intend to have all RP's have the same set of terrain textures at some point, just to grant that. Only biome colors may be problematic (especially Rohan RP so far)
It would not be difficult to simply convert Rohan to a desert biome (which I think would be easier) as there is not biome variation in Rohan in the first place.

I think we could make the most biome colors same in all rp's there are so many biomes, that we still would have a lot of combinations of leave and grass color:
full

I downloaded the server pack and the pack from the forum page and I can't find any difference. Are you sure the forum download is outdated? If yes, which blocks are outdated?
Btw it is always possible to download the latest rps from GitHub: e.g. this one >>Gondor RP<<
(Download the zip file, then you have to extract the zip into your resourcepacks folder).

My version was outdated, but I downlaoded the latest and it's make more sense now.
full
So I think it's okay, we can close this discussion.