• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Voxel for TeamPalladian

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPalladian

Yellow Flower Puncher
Supporter
Credits
XP
  • When did you join?
    3rd of February 2019
  • What rank are you currently and approximately how long have you had that rank?
    I have been an artist for a week now.
  • How experienced are you in Voxel and making Terrain?
    I am the only one who knows how to use voxelsniper on the team, so that basicly makes me the terrafromer of TeamPalladian.
  • Will you need instruction in using Voxel once you acquire the badge?
    I wouldn't
  • Why do you need this badge?
    For helping in terrain area's, like anorien, or any other area that needs terraforming.
  • What to you is a responsible and mature player?
    A mature player should be ambitious, has to be in control in dire situations and he knows when to ask for help. Mature players shouldn't abuse their powers in any ways.

Could we see some examples of you using voxel to make terrain, im sure that wont be to muchof an issue, its just to show as evidence you have the skills to use the brush

Hm, there is not much custom terrain visible in the pictures. I would like to see some dedicated examples (plains, rivers, valleys, hills, mountains, caves) of realistic terrain without any vegetation or buildings.

Well, since I have this bad urge to finish every build I start... I dont have any pictures of just the voxeled area's without builds or plants.

In my opinion making good terrain is only 20% voxel skills but 30% understaning geologic processes and 50% being able to use real world terrain for example.
Maybe you could help Lindolas with fixing terrain details in Anorien. With those small scale details voxel is not really helpful. But you can show there that you understand terrain making ;)

I would like to see you in the communtiy for a bit more before giving you this badge. It is a rare tool to give to non-staff. At the same time, we won't let this gather with dust, so continue to update your application with developments which show you have the skill to which Eriol is describing and in time you will recieve this badge if you keep to it.

Number 9 isn't really smooth. I would make a curve out of that corner.

Yes. If you see some long straigh lines, curve them. Also, you need to see the whole hill first to get the general idea how it needs to look, then you just smooth it out. A lot of times you also need to fix the lines a bit and levels. Distance between layers is also very important. The closer it is the steeper the hill is and vice versa.

New update!
Imgur wasn't working for some reason. That's why I do it this way :)
I helped Ober with making a river:

Nice work, here are some points to improve:
  • There are quite a lot of locations where the streams are not running orthogonally to height contour lines. That's VERY unrealistic, water is flowing downwards as directly as possible.
  • Also the streams are often running completely straight like some man-made channels.
  • I'm missing some undercut banks where the streams are cuting into hillsides.
    so617.jpg

Congratulations, because ooits also never replied to this and you're experienced with the plugin I'll accept this application :)

Status
Not open for further replies.