• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted w0rldunder's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0rldunder

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
  • Date:
    The first time I joined was on September 30th 2017, I have been on and off for short amounts of time because I was inspired by MCME, I started being more active at the start of January 2021 and I have been playing daily ever since.

• Jobs and Plotbuilds:
    Job:

- rammas3 - 07-01-2021 - Mershy - Building Rammas Enchor Walls
    - Effiesjob - 27-01-2021 - ooitsbirdo_KGB & EffieFrag - Fixing Redstone Chains, Dirt, and Water
    - Effiesjob2 - 27-01-2021 - ooitsbirdo_KGB & EffieFrag - Fixing Redstone Chains, Dirt, and Water in Linhir
    - Effiesjob3 - 27-01-2021 - ooitsbirdo_KGB & EffieFrag - Fixing Redstone Chains, Dirt, and Water in Minas Tirith
    - Effiesjob4 - 27-01-2021 - draonic_slayer & EffieFrag - Fixing Redstone Chains, Dirt, and Water
    - CrossroadsDerpFixing - 12-02-2021 - draonic_slayer - Fixing Redstone Dirt, Dust, and Coal
    Plotbuilds:
    Lond Daer Plot - Ruins - Mattlego & _Luk (-3192/34/238)
    - Overview
    - Plot Centre
    - Plot Centre 2
    - An Entranceway
    - Collapsed Cellar
    I am currently waiting for more Lond Daer plots to be assigned to me.
    Moria Moviecave Plot - Scaffolding & Mining Activity - Smaug_Niphredil & aVeryAngryBadger(-7742/39/-6496
    - Cave Entrance and Scaffolding
    - Cave
    - Mining Detailing
    - Moria Mine Concept
    - Scaffolding

• Themed-builds:
    Orchard Theme(last updated 25-01-2021):

(1160/24/54430)
    Harlond Theme (last updated 08-02-2021):
    (-579/48/54602)
    This theme is still being worked on.
    Dwarven Forge Theme (last updated 14-02-2021):
    (1048/64/54883)
    First time working with the Dwarven RP, will make edits to the cave wall in the future.
    Dunland Theme (last updated 19-02-2021):
    (265/45/55004)
    I learned how to work with Armour Stands and I have been implementing them into the Build for practice.

• Additional Builds:
    Cartography room:

(Freebuild, Commoner Room,(-7012/30/-6865)
    I primarily focused on the interior of this build. I picked up this project on request from Haldir_123 after it was dropped by aVeryAngryBadger, the rooms were already built and I added the interior.
    Artist School Boat:
    - Boat Overview
    - Boat Closer Look
    - Boat Interior 1
    - Boat Interior 2
    Lond Daer Palace Contest(plotworld):
    - Fallen Tree Concept
    - Fallen Tree Concept Inside - Based on a request to see a tree from the inside of the ruined building, the fallen tree concept was created to figure out how long the tree could be to see it from the inside, but not too much so that it would crush the walls based on the weight of the tree.
    - Tree Concepts - These Tree Concepts were made to add to the Ruined Palace
    Own Realms Builds
    Tharbad Theme Terrain Concept - Together with Maski98 and Orruss

• Your interests:
    I like to build woodland styles, I love Elven styles, and I like terraining, I love building trees, rivers, mountains, hills. I like building overgrown villages, and I love experimenting with different types of concepts. I always prefer to build from an "experience" type of view, and I will try to create different types of ambience with my builds. I feel like a build could still feel alive even though there aren't any players or NPCs there to fill it up. I think there is also beauty in simplicity and not everything has to be done in greater detail to get a feeling or a message across.

• Your motivation:
    I am really interested in the world of Tolkien, from the moment I discovered MCME in 2017, I came on to look at the ways you tried to build certain things. I was inspired by your build style and firmly enjoyed walking around. I enjoy the interaction with the community and I love to see people enjoy the finished works on the server. The reason why I am applying for artist is because I want to take my building skills to another level. I want my builds to have a purpose to someone and for them to enjoy it. I would like to add my support to the server that is giving me joy, and I feel like I would be a great addition if given the chance.

Last edited:
Hey W0rldunder,

You also got a broad range of builds on your initial application. Always good to try out a lot of styles.

Dwarven forge:
- Interesting layout, I like the use of different height levels
- Pillars aren't bad, perhaps a little over detailed at the op and bottom, though mainly I find the cave looking very natural and not looking like it needs the Pillars to support it.
- Not a fan of the iron block, it's an old texture and very bright, resulting in it standing out a lot. In most cases forge halls should look rather plain as they're not particularly the nicest halls. (Perhaps mithril forges might be more fancy, though then it looks a bit too plain for that).
- Nice detailing, adding carts, crates, wooden scaffolding etc. helps a lot with detailing your builds.
- The forge itself looks a bit odd. Not sure what I'd change on it but it doesn't immediately look like a forge to me from a distance.

Goods luck on your application!

Update 3:
Dunland Theme - (265/45/55004)
For this build, I was inspired by Germanic Iron Age designs Pre-Roman Empire Conquering

Tharbad Theme Terrain Concept -Together with Maski98 and Orruss
The three of us prepared the terrain for the Tharbad Theme Plot for this week's Theme

Update 4:
Gate Animation Minas Morgul - Overseen by Maski98

Gate Animation Minas Tirith Main Gate - together with Orruss

Gate Animation Minas Tirith 2nd Level - Overseen by D3rr3x
Might be Subject to Change

Tiki House - Server from a Friend

Willow Freebuild
This is Part of a Bigger Project

Travelling Merchant Cart Freebuild
This is Part of a Bigger Project

Update 5:
Moria plot Moviecave - Overseen by aVeryAngryBadger

I also participated in Maski98's jobs:
newnewroad
newnewroad2
Fixing and replanning the shape of the road together with Junoknight.
Adventurers dug out the road, we fixed their work to make it look smooth, afterwards we helped with the blockmixing of the raod.

Update 6:
It has been a while since my last update, this will be explained by what I am about to post next:

Lond Daer Palace Contest - Team Minerva - Plotworld - (-2151/60/-2536)
I spent 4+ weeks of continuous crumbling, block mixing, tree making, making ponds, and vegetating on this plot.

Lore Hour Plot - Requested by Archimdes - Freebuild - (-4164/11/9856)
I assembled a team to help me out with the project, I did the planning for the plot and made the executive decisions, I was involved with all the designs within the plot. and did a majority of the building and finetuning.
I was helped by Kaigomai, TopCatFlap, Wyattrox03. Starla10, _ESPER, Haldir_123

Poor Housing Plot Lond Daer - Overseen by _Luk - Main World - (-3028/29/312)

Moria Plot Entrance Movie Cave - Overseen by aVeryAngryBadger - Moria - (-7965/70/-6700)
I was tasked to redo a bridge which had been built before by someone else.

River Plot - Given by Maski98 - Main World - (5538/22/1982)
I was asked to Redo a Part of the river which had previously been built by Orruss.

Moria West Gate Crumbling Animation - Together with Maski98 - Freebuild - (-4351/13/-1159)
This has been pasted into Main World.

Moria West Gate Boulder Animation - Together with Maski98 - Freebuild - (-4351/13/1159)
This has been pasted into Main World.

Mirkwood Theme Plot - Themebuild - (-470/61/55810)
This plot is not finished, I did not have the time to do so but I will come back to it in the future.

Dwarven Hall Under Construction - Freebuild - (-3923/8/9844)
This hall is still in its early stages, I could not find the time to progress it much further at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.