• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Wampati Artist Application

Wampati

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
-Hello there, this is my artist application, I joined MCME on April 8th after the keralis video

Jobs
-Roads with Bart
-Farms with Bart
-Floor patterns in Moria with Nic
-Farms with Quanta and maybe Bart
-and 1 or 2 others that I only worked on for like 30 mins each

Theme Builds
-Orthanc
-The Forsaken Inn
Theme Builds

Other Builds
-I have more but they are mostly sci fi so I picked all the ones I've already saved that somewhat show my skill better
Other Builds

Interest
I've enjoyed building in MC for a really long time, recently iv'e been building sci fi in hopes to branch out, but I used to do a lot of medieval builds. At this point my medieval style is very distinct and refined on a vanilla texture pack, I have some experience in building with this texture pack as well, after fooling around in freebuild a bit.

Motivation
My motivation to become artist is mainly because I want to get back into building medieval/fantasy in a good environment such as MCME. I also loved LOTR, and the Hobbit, while I have not read the books (I will don't worry) I thought the movies were really good and I would love to help build some of the landmarks from middle earth in MC. I am always willing to learn and am excited to possibly help create this amazing world you guys have started.

~Wampa

Last edited:
Hey @Wampati, thank you for your application!

Like BWOT I already noticed your nice Themed-build. I will visit it again as soon as possible to give some feedback. Thus for now just this: Your imgur picture links are not working for me.

-Eriol

Hey Wampati,
Sorry for my late response, I had a very busy week.
Your Orthanc tower looks awesome too bad there is no interior. Also the terrain and the stream are shaped very well. Some points I'm not a fan of though:
  • Combination of logs and planks for the tent support structures
  • Planks in trees. Also the trees should have leaves at outside only with some free space inside.
  • The wall around the tower is too flat. It nees a more interesting structure and some additional materials mixed in.
  • The stairs up into Orthanc looks very unstable. You may say that's the forgotton art of Numenor, but I think it's also not looking good. Some more realistic structure would be great, maybe a single wide arch.
Your forsaken inn give me a very forsaken feeling, very well done. But some structures seem so heavily amaged that they should have completly collapsed. Make sure you are not creating unrealistic structures while ruining. The road needs more materials mixed in. Dirt and also some grass blocks in the road at infrequently used roads are good.

Some tips:
In Themed-builds you can place water, fire and lava using stone and iron swords.
You can get logs with bark at all 6 sides, great for trees: /get logs
I'd like to see another Themed-build from you with some great interior

-Eriol

Last edited:
Your artist application is now under Watchlist, congratulations, you will be contacted privately by one of the Artist Committee on what you must do for your final challenge. Congrats @Wampati !