• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Welcome to MCME (Introduction Thread)

kyzcool

Moria Hall Professional
Credits
XP
Hey there, Since the Jesse Cox video has come out only a few hours ago, Alot of people are making their way to MCME. I know some of you new people will feel a bit lost and don't know where to go or what to do. So to make them feel welcome, I suggest we should have a thread where everyone new introduces themselves, to make them be known, and make it easier for them to feel more at home. So, Don't be shy and come and say Hi!

To make it easier for you all, feel free to use the Format below :)

• Ingame Name:
  • How did you find out About MCME:
  • What are your interests / Studying / you do for a Career etc:

P.s If you have any issues, feel free to Message me or any of the staff/rangers, We will point you in the right direction. ;)

p.s.s If you don't know, I'm a ranger =D

Hail Hydra

Also, if your lost for IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Last edited:
I know this is for new players to introduce themselves, but I'm going to sorta do the opposite and introduce myself to new players or people who don't know me yet. Obviously my name is Shenjtor (pronounced Shane-tour), though I'm usually just called "Shen". I hail from the great concrete island of Manhattan in New York City, and I'm a Bounder on the server, which means I moderate all platforms of the network (such as TeamSpeak, the forums, and the servers) and enforce the rules. Like Kyz said, if you have any questions or if you spot any harassment or grief, give me a holler if I'm online. :)

Like Shen has done, I'm going to introduce myself. I'm kyz, Kyle, or kiz depending on your choice. I'm from a small town on the welsh/English border and currently starting uni next month. I play a lot of xbox, aswell as PC games and love tv and films quite a bit. I'm a ranger, who are here to help and guide you through you adventure on Mcme. Likewise, if anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to help and don't forget to come and say hi, I get lonely during the early hours.

I'm going to do the same and say here: I'm Soap, or Soap887, Soapey, Clean, whatever. I'm from Cambridge in good ol' England, and I'm an artist on the build server. One of the secondary jobs of artists (as implied in the old application system) is to help people new to the community, and answer any questions, and if that's not officially true, it's certainly true to me. Artists and rangers are here to answer any questions and help you with whatever we can, to the best of our ability, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask here, or on the server :)

one of us

I'm Ruleer45, brand new and pretty lost.. I found out through Jesse's video. Whats is the server ip?

I'm really confused

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is for new players to introduce themselves, but I'm going to sorta do the opposite and introduce myself to new players or people who don't know me yet. Obviously my name is Shenjtor (pronounced Shane-tour), though I'm usually just called "Shen". I hail from the great concrete island of Manhattan in New York City, and I'm a Bounder on the server, which means I moderate all platforms of the network (such as TeamSpeak, the forums, and the servers) and enforce the rules. Like Kyz said, if you have any questions or if you spot any harassment or grief, give me a holler if I'm online. :)
Callin' you J-Tor for now on.

Thank you it helped a lot. I hope to start contributing very soon:)

I'd like to reintroduce myself. I'm Ruleer45 and I'm 14 years old. Please don't let that change anything how you treat me, I'm just as capable as any of you. I found out about this server though Jesse Cox, I'm a huge fan. I also am a Tolkien junkie and trying to read the Silmarillion but am have difficulties. I'm interested in possibly playing football in college and if that doesn't work out then I have interests in Marine biology, and meteorology. I hail from Columbus, Ohio. Also please just call me Grant.

I hope to see you all on the server,
Grant

Last edited:
I'm Will, and I'm a foreman on mcme. I am also a big lotr fan and through the years experienced a lot here, too much to typ out.
If you need any help or want to ask questions feel free to ask me.
Cheers!

• Ingame Name: Yggdrasilion (Ygg or Manuel for short)

• How did you find out About MCME: I watched Jesse's third(?) video about you guys last year and was intrigued, then watched the new one and could no longer contain my desire to be a part of this amazing project.

• What are your interests / Studying / you do for a Career etc: I'm a student of history and culturo-literary studies at a local university; I've been a Tolkienist ever since I first read LOTR when I was 12, became deeply immersed, studied the Elvish tongues and read ever piece of literature Professor Tolkien ever wrote that I could get my hands on.

• Other than that, I had a small movie and TV criticism column on an acquaintance's website for a while, I read and watch a LOT of media; I've been writing poetry and working on two major book projects since I was 17, hoping to one day make money with that.

Ingame Name: Chewiezhul. You can call me Chewie for short. Its been a while since people called me by that. Used to my irl name.

How did you find out about MCME?: I am from the Coxtrain as well. Known about this server for a while. Just been to anxious to join. Finally decided to bite the bullet and do it anyway. So far, been having a great time.

What are your interests/Studying/you do for a career?: I am currently unemployed due to some issues that are private. My interests are animals and as such I keep a few insects as pets. I play Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40000. I like the LOTR universe. I can improve on my knowledge.

Pin this please

Ingame Name: Fireinferno13, but call me fire

How'd you find us?: Google searches of LotR and Minecraft

What are your interests?: Neuroscience/Psychology

Hey all!
Ingame Name: I'm SugarKoala but people usually call me lizzy c: (I plan on changing my username over to lizzehface when 1.8 comes out)
How'd you find us?
I found out about MCME through JordD04 mentioning the community etc when he figured me and a friend played minecraft, after a bunch of the servers i used to play on died off and my friend's lost interest I joined MCME for a survival to see if I could find a community of people to play minecraft with again, by this point I had little to no real interest in the server being related to middle earth at all :'D
What are your interests?
I'm currently a foreman on the server but have been a Thrall, Commoner and Ranger.
As well as helping out with a lot of rootfixes and road jobs when I can lead them, I help out with Rangers a little but mostly like to deal with resources and google docs on the server. All rather unofficially of course. I am also currently helping co-run the Summer Festival with Iru with help from the Staff and Rangers.
So simply put I like to organise stuff, talk to people, do menial tasks and have fun with the little things. Outside of MCME I enjoy watching films, volunteering and playing in music clubs of different descriptions.
So if you have any questions related to any of that, server lore/info or need a doc made, just ask and I'll be happy to oblige if I have the time!

Ingame name: Wollip666

How'd you find us: One of the few remaining Pre-Jesse Cox Staff members, came across an earlier video on youtube by 'twobucks' in mid 2011, and been here ever since.

What are my interests: Music is my life. Minecraft obviously... and I am studying Ancient History and Archaeology at university, specifically Greek and Celtic history along with Experimental Archaeology (Making ancient technologies and testing them in the field) which is bucket loads of fun.