• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

when 1.9 comes make the most of it

blocks119

Dirt Conaisseur
Credits
XP
in 1.9 items can look different depending on durability so a diamond sword could be the one ring at one durability and a carrot at another

this will open up thousands of new options , also you can have alternate block textures tho u probably already knew that where the same block can look different depending on coords and a long algorithm to randomise it

The problem doesn't really lie in knowing that we can do this but in finding people to do this.

i can do some parts like retexturing and you can use commands to set duarbility
alternate block textures is just applying lots of textures to the same block, it will pick whatever one corrosponds to the algorithm at those coordinates

Help with texturing is always welcome :)
The idea to use it to randomize block textures is very nice.

So if you want, make a set of textures for a block and post them here.
I have not dealed with alternate textures yet, but I will ;)