• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Where has the MCME Times gone?

I think Smaug has just lost interest in writing it which is understandable as it’s quite a task to produce an article each week and be an enforcer so I guess that’s why it’s not being uploaded

I think Smaug has just lost interest in writing it which is understandable as it’s quite a task to produce an article each week and be an enforcer so I guess that’s why it’s not being uploaded
Ah that's why. I'd type it if I could but idk if I would have permission

Producing an MCME Times each week takes a lot of cross-communication and several Guides are not available at the moment due to IRL commitments. So it is on temporary hiatus until we come up with an adequate solution.
I think I speak for all the Guides when I say we would rather do something well than rush it and do it poorly. So we will be holding back from publishing the Times until we have the resources.

In my opinion a weekly edition of the Times, however quickly made, would be much better than no Times. It doesn't need to be very extensive, just project and rank updates.
Since we have not Times there are almost no project updates and it's hard to get an overview of current progress. That's quite sad. Times are also adding a lot of life to the forum. Right now most communication moved to discord which is so short term and very often just chatting small talk.

Easiest way would be to have 4 to 6 players who make it rotationally. I would be willing to make one Edition every four weeks.

I personally think the Times should be written every other week, like Matt said. And I also think Eriol's idea of alternating writers (4-6) would be a great idea. The Times are a great edition to the forums, since I've realized that they've been dead lately. I would like volunteer myself to write these times as well.

I personally think the Times should be written every other week, like Matt said. And I also think Eriol's idea of alternating writers (4-6) would be a great idea. The Times are a great edition to the forums, since I've realized that they've been dead lately. I would like volunteer myself to write these times as well.
go map !! :p

Hey, I have free time to write the times, and i have dones it before when Fin didnt have enough times to write the times, i can do a weekly times if thats alright with people, i have the Format on Google docs, i would just ask if i could have helpers giving me information on projects and rank update. @Eriol_Eandur , @Fireinferno13 , @mattlego , is this a reasonable solution?