• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Your Opinion on New Moria

In What Way Should We Build Moria on the New Map?

• Copy from old map, just change the scale

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Total revamp of Moria

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Who needs Moria?

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Moria a lot and I spend most of my time in the server in it, but I've no doubt it could look much better. It doesn't look like a dwarven city that it should be.

a group of roughly 20 people (correct me if I'm wrong please)
43 people right now, 15 designers and 28 artists.

The idea of building Moria seamlessly, without being ruined is extremely appealing I must say. This time around as @Finrod_Amandil said, we need to take our time and build a worthwhile project for moria. The first step will be to have a very detailed and ingenious as well as lore-accurate map. I think this thread could be a focal point for ideas that people may have about what kind of rooms there may be in Moria. Or remind us of what the lore says about what area.

My opinion is that the old moria wasn't interconnected enough. Tunnels must lead to anywhere, we also have to take into account that dwarves hold a significantly different culture. If you want to build Moria you have to understand the awe of dwarves for everything that relates to mining, craftsmanship and awe-inspiring fortresses of stone. They are troglodytes and artisans before everything else.

I remember that @Thatruben had made a very interesting concept for waterworks in Moria, so that people could have running water. This is the kind of stuff we have to think about seriously. Our mind must be set in an engineer mode, what kind of genius idea would the dwarves have developed to ease their life in an underground settings.

And then, once we're done with this we'll have to set our mind to goblin-mode, their hatred for dwarves, their culture (or unculture), their habitats, how the two would have overlapped. How they would have dealt war.

It's a very complex process

I think it would be great to revamp Moria completely. we can do so much more with it because of the increased height limit and it is not as lore accurate as it could be. I agree with oriour completely. Moria deserves a revamp. It has always been one of the greatest areas of the server and I think it deserves an update so that it is even better and has the lore accuracy of our current builds to lore along with the same grandeur of our current builds.

I am not saying the old moria is boring or plain. In fact it is quite the opposite and is the very best the people who built it could do with minecraft's limitations at the time. I just tink it could be even better

Well, my little thread has been going on for a while now, long enough I think. All the points have pretty much been brought up now. Thank you all for saying what you think about the matter! If a bounder sees this, I think that this thread can be locked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.