• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Youtuber and Builder Team Gathering Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fexelitche

Moria Hall Professional
Commoner
Credits
XP
Youtuber and Builder Team Gathering Project
Another Idea by Fexelitche

General Depiction
The Youtuber and Builder Team Gathering Project is my name for the project for the development of MCME when it comes to collaborating with YouTubers and alike.
In short: Building massive scale build could be a project we invited build teams from Youtube to do with us.
Why? Because it's too much to get invited to the whole of MCME. No build team would devote themselves to some else's project because they have their own project. But a shorter defined build-project with 20+ builders should be manageable for build teams such as NewHeaven and Elysium Fire. My vision of this is that MCME shall host the gathering of the very best builders in Minecraft. This way put our name in bold on the map.

Cons and Pros:

- A lot of good media attention!
- Very good reputation as "the Elite of Minecraft"
- Nice little event to gather people around
- Good video and time-lapse material.
- Something to brag about to Sponsors in the future. "We hosted and planned the Minas Ithil Project."

- We would have to spend a few foremen/designers to lead the project and some artists as well.
- We would have to make terrain and be sure everything runs smooth.
- Expect building progress on MCME to halt during the event.

Please comment your thoughts below.

**EDIT:
- Clarified that the gathered outside builders shouldn't work on MCME stuff.

For further clarification:

Imagine us gathering a lot of builders from different places to "The Biggest Build Event of Minecraft".
For us, it's a side-project to motivate our somewhat exhausted artists and try out some new cool building technics far away from MCME.
For them, it's a way to show off as we've said we would build alongside them and record. They will receive video-material from us when the project is done to share on their channels if they want. (Though after we have released our video and shared it on different media.)
They, happy for having participated, will with 99% certainty mention who hosted the event. And wola. Free advertisement.
It's not the best. But it could be a cool thing to get Youtuber eyes on us.
Of course, we will offer them tours on MCME during the event which they are allowed to record... conveniently enough for us ;)
(If Keralis was left astounded. So will they probably be, and I doubt they'll ever forget us after that.)

Last edited:
The idea of MCME is to build Middle-earth together!!!
That is pretty much opposite to asking an external build team to build one of the most epic places of Middle-earth for us.
Also motivation is a very important point when you work on a huge project like MCME. It's hard to stay motivated in the long periods of time working on some remote areas like southern an western Gondor. Epic places like Minas Morgul are the best source of motiviation for our builders I don't think we should give them to external build teams.

EDIT:
Sorry, @Fexelitche I now understand your idea a bit better (Using a Middle-earth location as name for this project is really confusing. "Minas Ithil Project" seems so much like building Minas Ithil).

Last edited:
That is pretty much opposite to asking an external build team to build one of the most epic places of Middle-earth for us.
Also motivation is a very important point when you work on a huge project like MCME. It's hard to stay motivated in the long periods of time working on some remote areas like southern an western Gondor. Epic places like Minas Morgul are the best source of motiviation for our builders I don't think we should give them to external build teams.

What I meant was that Minas Ithil was just the name of the project. (I really like the sound of the name.) I think I added it could be any build project. Any idea.
I saw two guys building a steampunk city yesterday - for example. That was quite awesome. I think I added too that MCME was too much for outsiders to take on.

Im quite sure I said that we should "host" it. Perhaps on our snapshot server or something. (The one we did the summer survival on if I'm correct.)

two guys building a steampunk city yesterday - for example
Yeahhhhhhh, so um is MCME a Steampunk server or something? All I'm saying is that the building team would all need to have a common interest in LoTR and not everyone has this interest unless you find a whole building community willing to build Middle- Earth (oh wait isn't that MCME?) it won't work

Yeahhhhhhh, so um is MCME a Steampunk server or something? All I'm saying is that the building team would all need to have a common interest in LoTR and not everyone has this interest unless you find a whole building community willing to build Middle- Earth (oh wait isn't that MCME?) it won't work

If you'd be so kind as to read what I write, I'd be very happy Super. :)
- It happens, if you read the text, that I nowhere says anything about working on MCME. I'm actually quite sure I even mention that the event could be hosted at our snapshot-server. I actually also argue that MCME is too big a thing for outsiders to take on, and therefore shouldn't in the first place.

Eriol. I've specified the event now. I would be very grateful if you please could remove your comment? It happens that people read your comment before actually reading and understanding the post, which isn't really ideal. See Super's comment for example.
There's nothing wrong with your post. It's just misleading based upon a misunderstanding and me not providing sufficient details. :)

If you'd be so kind as to read what I write, I'd be very happy Super. :)
- It happens, if you read the text, that I nowhere says anything about working on MCME. I'm actually quite sure I even mention that the event could be hosted at our snapshot-server. I actually also argue that MCME is too big a thing for outsiders to take on, and therefore shouldn't in the first place.
Bro no need to be salty to me, I was just leading on from what Eriol wrote and from what I interpreted from your post it seemed that that was the intention of your post, no need to get ur knickers in a twist over it lmao
me not providing sufficient details.
and ur telling me I'm not reading the post? loooollll

So you want do to something similar as our partnership with Builders Refuge, who hosted a LotR contest and invited us to organize builder workshops. But I still seem some severe problems
  • Why would a Build Team like NewHeaven come to MCME and build something for us? If they want to build build LotR stuff they can do independently from MCME.
  • If they would build something LotR related. Why would that have any benefits or good reputation for us. People would see the NewHeaven team had built something cool, but how should a connection to MCME be established?
  • If they would build something exclusively for us with a great MCME label on it (again why should they do so?) it would also not be helpful for us. People would see that we need an external BuildTeam to get great builds and may think that we can't build great stuff on our own.
I may still misunderstand you. You are also mentioning YouTubers. Getting them on MCME to make a tour video is very good and we did that several times before.

Btw I'm moving this thread to discussions as this forum is for development (plugins and webpage) suggestions.

So you want do to something similar as our partnership with Builders Refuge, who hosted a LotR contest and invited us to organize builder workshops. But I still seem some severe problems
  • Why would a Build Team like NewHeaven come to MCME and build something for us? If they want to build build LotR stuff they can do independently from MCME.
  • If they would build something LotR related. Why would that have any benefits or good reputation for us. People would see the NewHeaven team had built something cool, but how should a connection to MCME be established?
  • If they would build something exclusively for us with a great MCME label on it (again why should they do so?) it would also not be helpful for us. People would see that we need an external BuildTeam to get great builds and may think that we can't build great stuff on our own.
I may still misunderstand you. You are also mentioning YouTubers. Getting them on MCME to make a tour video is very good and we did that several times before.

Btw I'm moving this thread to discussions as this forum is for development (plugins and webpage) suggestions.

Thank your for moving my post Eriol.

Okay so. Forget the name Minas Ithil.
Imagine us gathering a lot of builders from different places to "The Biggest Build Event of Minecraft".
For us, it's a side-project to motivate our somewhat exhausted artists and try out some new cool building technics far away from MCME.
For them its a way to show off as we've said we would build alongside them and record. They will receive video-material from us when the project is done to share on their channels if they want. (Though after we have released our video and shared it on different media.)
They, happy for having participated, will with 99% certainty mention who hosted the event. And wola. Free advertisement.
It's not the best. But it could be a cool thing to get Youtuber eyes on us.
Of course, we will offer them tours during the event which they are allowed to record... conveniently enough for us ;)
(If Keralis was left astounded. So will they probably be, and I doubt they'll ever forget us after that.)

The sole reason why a build-team (or more) would like to cooperate is that of the awesomeness of the project. It's big, hosted by "expert" and they are allowed to use any footage from the project they want. I really think it could be a thing. It will be a free advertisement for us.

And again. The plan is not that they shall work on anything remotely related to MCME. As the example of the guys building a steampunk city. We could do something like that on the snapshot server. Inviting people to be a part of a project of Jeracraft proportions.

I know the name is confusing... But well. I cant really edit that now. So much sh*t has happened to this idea due to the misunderstanding. (Even though I put the works "shall not build on MCME-related stuff" in bold and everything.) Dunno. Perhaps you should just keep my idea within the staff and remove this post.

Last edited:
I changed the name, and starting post in this thread to remove any idea of Minas Ithil :D

First of all I think that that is a very interesting idea, and I can see the merits, although I am not quite sure what the cons were (since there was one list with pros and cons and not a real distinction between the two). Now one of the things I am wondering is, how will we decide what topic/thing will be built in this huge build collaboration? Also you said that 'Foremen', 'Artists' and 'Designers' were going to lead this, but how would this work? Another build team would rarely take orders from someone not in their build team. If that can be clarified then I am happy.

First of all I think that that is a very interesting idea, and I can see the merits, although I am not quite sure what the cons were (since there was one list with pros and cons and not a real distinction between the two). Now one of the things I am wondering is, how will we decide what topic/thing will be built in this huge build collaboration? Also you said that 'Foremen', 'Artists' and 'Designers' were going to lead this, but how would this work? Another build team would rarely take orders from someone not in their build team. If that can be clarified then I am happy.

Sure Nic.

Well. We are to host the event, and to do so we have to have someone directing the building. (E.g. giving the different buildteams different areas of the city, introducing them to the concepts and such). Im currently thinking of the project being a gigantic Futuristic city with a palace (I have some concepts for it).
Im sure te buildteams will understand that a bit of directing is needed

Both newHeaven and Elysium Fire are highly skilled, so not much directing will be needed. Mostly our artists and foremen would join of own interested also as a break from MCME stuff.

unless you find a whole building community willing to build Middle- Earth (oh wait isn't that MCME?)

1525345547382.png

Status
Not open for further replies.