• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The MCME Times

The MCME Times
Opening Statement Annúminas was put on hold, expecting it will stay like that for quite some time, and fearing that picking it up again may be difficult. But no, it's already back! And its growing and proceeding faster than ever before, no doubt that Fireinferno has come back in his full strength and that he will handle that project as if it was only a mere shire farmhouse! Emil pm'd me about getting started again with the Misties, upon that I revealed the merely insane plans i've made up, which merely includes redoing entire eastern Eriador (more or less :p). But instead of thinking again about whether he now really shall dare tuning into this, he immediately grasped his voxel tools and started the fun. What other funs have made...
Opening Statement It's all about the Short Story Contest this week, and same in the coming ones. I have written one myself, and that's the reason it does mean so much to me, and I cant wait for the day as I finally can put mine on display! There's much to read in this week's Times, so I don't write much more here, I wish y'all a nice week, for that summer finally comes to the northern hemisphere and the cold and rain stop! Project Progress Anfalas (/warp Anfalas Temp), picture by @DSESGH Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz @Mandos' first voxel work on the server he's contributing to Andrast, and he's producing terrain in an amazing speed! Already a remarkable amount of square kilometres could be worked on in this area...
Opening Statement This week's opening statement is presented by Gandalf aka Sir Ian McKellen; he mailed me this with the words "What I'm doing when I'm not fighting Balrogs". Have a nice week ;) (write it if the vid doesnt work for you) >========================================================================< Project Progress Andrast (New) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz The last big area of Gondor is being started: Its westernmost lands, covering Andrast, Ras Morthil and Drúwaith Iaur. Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead: @Will_em Much notable progress once more from this city: Construction of a big new bath house has been started, interior of the huge palace is making good progress and looking really fancy, and some more houses along with...
Opening Statement In advance: I'm really sorry for that this week's Times is thoroughly occupied with Moria stuff, but I hope all of you are as hyped and excited for New Moria as I was the last four months we were already planning on it. And remember the most important thing: We want to give every single one of you the best possibilities to bring in your ideas into Moria, and later you all shall too be able to help with the construction as much as possible. And beside all of that, I wish all of those who take notice of it a happy easter and good luck with finding all the eggs, whether it is in your house or on the MCME server ;-) And as last quick announcement: The winning entries and ranking of the Short Story Contest had to be...
Opening Statement The weekend of many endings it is! The Short Story Contest will be over at midnight and so will the Dol Amroth Contest. And furthermore its only one week left until easter, and no worries, that event will come along with some fun activities on MCME! (more info will be released very soon!) BREAKING NEWS The winner of the Dol Amroth Military District has been chosen! Won has Plot 5 with: @Eriol_Eandur @King_Much @PINT00 @Volcrest @r0b1n96 Congratulations on your awesome work! ----------------------------------------------------------- Special Gandalf Tour announced! See below for more Info! ----------------------------------------------------------- MCME Easter Egg Hunt announed! More info >>here<<...
Opening Statement I can't do anything but highlighting how awesome the comeback of the audiobook was this friday! You all should definitely tune in next week! But now you should read about what else happened this week. Again: Many people are asking for jobs lately, if you are one of these, or encounter one, refer to the latest MCME Times for an overview for Freebuilds and Contest, because theres tons of things you can do there, and i'll be updating it also throughout the week. >========================================================================< Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead: @Will_em Some massive progress in the north! Many new houses have been built by Artists; they can continue to do so on the marked out...
Opening Statement Since a few weeks the project updates list only consisted of those orange (In Progress) tags, but now we finally have some green in it, two projects could be finished this week! Read on to find out which ones. This week I also want to highlight @Tyranystrasz's Short Story Contest. Not that many entries have been handed in so far, and theres still some time left until the 29th of march. From my experiences I can say that whenever you're writing something that really interests you, you most likely can't stop anymore once started. And if you just have no idea for a story, here's a pro-tip of mine: Search yourself a character where only very little lore is given for and come up with some noteworthy deeds of that person...
Opening Statement As announced, now Public Project workers can submit updates too, in fact every one of them did take the offer, thank you! However Designers werent so eager to write these this week :p Have fun reading! >========================================================================< Project Progress Edhellond (/warp Edhellond) Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead: @Will_em Annúminas is now under the lead of Will_em, the progress wont be too fast for now, but Artists can ask Will when they want to build a few of the marked out houses. Calembel (In Progress) - Lead: @Ivan1pl Poor, market, military and industrial districts are nearly finished. Prison appeared in administration district. Poor house freebuild is finished. But...
Opening Statement This week I want to introduce something new to the Project Updates: New I hope for the project staffs to write the updates on their projects. This will not only reduce the load on my shoulders a bit, but also will give you a more profond insight into the progress and more often will include some previews and announcements for the future! Accordingly I also give the author to the updates, if theres none given, the text is written by me. In the coming week I also will set up a matching possibility for Public Projects leaders to submit such updates. Have fun reading and enjoy the Sunday! >========================================================================< Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead...
Opening Statement For me and probably for other countries' people too this week was the last one before its again time to go back to university for another semester. I really enjoyed the week both on and off MCME, hope that was the case for all of you too, whether having holidays or not. So whatever awaits you next week, sit back and enjoy the last moments of this weekend by reading this week's Times. >========================================================================< Project Progress Calembel (/warp Caletemp) Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead: @Wollip666 Builders are back in town! Some smaller and bigger additions here and there and many new house outlines have been added. Calembel (In Progress) - Lead: @Ivan1pl The house...
Opening Statement This week I got the pleasure to meet the flu, as did pretty much whole Switzerland recently. While I was mostly incapable of escaping my bed, progress on the server went its normal way at its normally crazy speed. However the big event this week was doubtlessly the release of the name changing ability. My only option would have been to change to plain "Finrod", without any underscore or similar, but of course thats already taken. What about you? Did or do you change your name? So, as whoever you read these Times now, enjoy it! >========================================================================< Project Progress Dol Amroth (/warp Dol Amroth) Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead: @Wollip666 The first time since...
Opening Statement Aaaand its Sunday again, and a new edition of the Times is ready to be read. Progress is again at a normal pace, and overall this week was a rather quiet one. But I don't want to annoy you with many more empty words, enjoy this weeks Times and have a good start in the upcoming week! >========================================================================< Project Progress Ethring (/warp ethtemp) Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead: @Wollip666 The first time since Wollip joined back in 2011 he was granted some time off from his server duties. As he's currently enjoying his holidays, so does his current project. Calembel (In Progress) - Lead: @Ivan1pl The sand is gone and instead a fantastic site for this city at...
Opening Statement Good thing there's the MCME Times! Else most of you (and neither me) would not be capable of keeping track of all the progress thats happening in this oh-so-busy 2015. It's purely amazing what... wait a second, who is writing this thing at all?! Yes, it's not our chief editor @MaDIIReD this time! But have no fear, MaD is neither forever lost in the Paths of the Dead, nor got he swallowed by the Old Man Willow. He's just dealing with a certain individual by the name of "Real_Life" who infringed the server rule #1: "Hindering anyone from being on MCME 24/7". The weekly ThemedBuild will still be managed by him, aswell as all the other Enforcer duties. Merely everything will stay the same for the Times, the only thing I...
__Opening Statement I hope you all had a wonderful time during the winter holidays, with delicious food and merry company (depending on wether or not you like your family). I know I had which, combined with some school work, has resulted in some missed editions. I've been all over the place around the year change and, except for watching the hobbit with @Credoo which of course was horrible, it was great. Now that I have finally found some time for myself I can write this weeks mcme times. I hope you enjoy. __Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress): Progress on Annúminas is slow but steady. This week we saw the addition of some new canals making their way though the future residential area. The military district is almost done and...
__Opening Statement We're another week closer to christmas and for many of us the winter holidays have started and we're school free for a few weeks. We're seeing the first signs of christmas on the server as well. Read up on the christmas event posts if you've missed them, there'll be links further on in the article. With that said, sit back and enjoy another edition of the times. __Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress): Progress on Annúminas is slow but steady. This week we saw the addition of some new canals making their way though the future residential area. The military district is almost done and the 'administrative building' has also seen some work and is now practically finished. Dol Amroth (In Progress): Unfortunately...
__Opening Statement It's been an interesting week for MCME with lots of things happening, both happy and sad. Projects have been finished and new ones have been started. There have been rumours about a reboot of Pelargir though that would still be a while off. I've seen the many, many, many suggestions you guys made. And I will take them to heart. __Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress): The front gate to the city has been finished and the 'administration building' (I assume the town hall or a court of some sort) has seen vast improvements. The underwater segments have now also been completed, though @Wollip666 is pondering whether to make some changes to these areas as he is not entirely satisfied with them yet. Dol Amroth (In...
__Opening Statement It has been a good while since the last MCME times due to my absence and the fact that afterwards I had to do some catching up with school. Thankfully I have found some time to work on a new edition of the MCME times this week. The missed editions were of course very sad but they did show some flaws in the way the times is produced. As such I'll be asking some questions about the future of the times in a later segment. For now though, sit back and read up on the not so recent happenings. __Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress): The wall layout and roads have been fixed and should be done now. Unfortunately there's not much going on in Annúminas for non Artists, as both the ruining jobs in the flooded part of...
__Opening Statement Another week has gone by and I'm sure you would all like to know what has been happening on the MCME servers. Well, we've made some advances when it comes to projects with quite some projects hitting small landmarks with the completion of subsections of the larger project. Additionally this MCME times was written before the eyes of our watchful staff meaning some of the project updates are much more detailed (Finrod even wrote a personal report on the misty mountains!) This week I would also like to introduce you to a new segment called 'The secrets of Khazad-dûm' which is a written tour of moria with background info on the lore and the server side of the project. __Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress)...
Opening Statement HO HO HO, merry belated Halloween everybody. And to all of you who didn't celebrate the Americanised version of this quite serious day: I hope you had a good Halloween. As for me, I do neither. I don't dress up, I don't put chairs around my fireplace (if I had one) or hide my kitchen knives, and since the average age in my neighbourhood is in the triple digits there were no children at the door either. Aaaanyhow, if you didn't have a good Halloween I hope this edition of the MCME times can cheer you up. Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress): The job creating houses for the flooded part of the city is still going on. Make sure you read the post before you start building though, there's some very specific...
Opening Statement Due to real life obligations and some other shtuff last weeks Times was never finished. A tragedy of a scale unparalleled by anything in recent MCME history, or indeed... all of MCME history. However this week we've got the presses running again and we're printing these babies faster than ever before. So step right up and get to reading. Project Progress Annúminas (In Progress): The job creating houses for the flooded part of the city is still going on. Make sure you read the post before you start building though, there's some very specific guidelines since the houses will be submerged. When you've read the post and are up to speed you can /warp Flood to start helping out, or talk to @Wollip666 if he is online...