• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The MCME Times

The MCME Times
Opening Statement Sooo if you have not been living in a sealed-off cave throughout the past week you have of course heard about the changes that have happened: Our Head Designer Credoo has resigned from his position after many years as MCME staff member. His list of contributions is long, but his most well-known ones are doubtlessly two of the hugest projects we ever had: Minas Tirith and Pelargir, aswell as the new MCME map which he created with Homie over the course of many months in WorldPainter. These creations made you, Credoo become immortal in the annals of MCME and especially because you ensured me that you won't move to the moon now but stay a part of this community we will never forget you! There are no words, neither in...
Opening Statement Today the idea was brought up the bring the "meet the staff" section back once more to the Times, but as both I wanted something more innovative aswell as seconds after that suggestion "meet the artist" was brought up aswell and Trex urged not to forget about the poor droogs I got something new: #WeAreMCME; probably bit a sketchy title, but you will have to deal with it. The concept is really simple: I made a google form with a few questions in it where everyone can fill in his answers. The submissions with the most funny / entertaining answers will get featured in the Times, completely irrelevant of the rank. Here's the google form: MCME Times survey Everyone is more than welcome to submit! I also very gladly take...
Opening Statement For quite some weeks we did not have any newly completed projects anymore, but this week we can announce right away two of them! And even better they are probable the biggest projects of 2k15 so far! So quickly read on and enjoy the project leaders' last statements about their fantastic work! Project Progress Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz @jacenpeter continued his large-scale terraforming project that is the White Mountains, this week featuring one of MCME's biggest glaciers, along with a lot of additional terrain work. Lamedon (In Progress) - Lead: @_Luk Still a lot of hands are being layed upon this region and a lot of progress is to be observed therefore. We have two new villages with yet no...
Opening Statement You all, especially the younger ones among you, know the ever present stereotype of the lazy gamer doing "nothing" all day long. Many of you know the situation that five minutes after you turned on your PC (or whatever device it shall be) you already get blamed by someone to be doing it for hours already. I can't straightly deny the stereotype as I guess there are many out there on which it may fit, but for your all easing I can tell you that with chosing MCME as one of your games to play you definitely made no bad choice in terms of whether your virtual activities are now useless or not. Once you get a bit into it there is so much knowledge and brainwork that flows into such a project that you can indeed profit from...
Opening Statement Yay the 30th edition of the Times this year! and therefore also the 30th edition written by me, however the first one didn't get published in the end as I and Mad were similarily working on it without knowing it xD For the next 30!... oh wait we'll never see #60 cuz the year has only 52 weeks :D Have a nice sunday and upcoming week! Project Progress Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz @jacenpeter has continued the terrain work on the southern part of the Ered Nimrais aka the White Mountains. And that also already concludes the changes in Andrast in the past week. Anfalas (On hold) - Lead: @otho Anfalas is currently on hold and will receive again proper attention once Pelargir is done. Lamedon (In...
Opening Statement *yawn* even though these are the first lines you read, they usually are the last ones I write, and this time it kinda fills me with relief as it means I can at last travel towards the land of dreams; probs I just should schedule a bit better so that its not 3am when I can finish the Times :P There were some rank changes again, read on for some exclusive news from our #1 reporter Stig Burgundy! Project Progress Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz We've been going through the books and wikis again and have therefore revised some work and plans done to match the lore better. Practically this mainly means less buildings on the western shoreline aka Drúwaith Iaur, the fortfication Golf Rovlug has been removed...
Opening Statement Long I have been promising to finally fill in the gap in the route of the fellowship between Rivendell and the Argonath. With the the current progress of myself and @Emilio_ we finally got a huge step closer to that being reality. And similarly we can soon almost complete the footprint tracks through Gondor, then the only thing missing will be Mordor (will probs take about a week to finish... :p). In case you have not gave these footprints a try, warp to Bagend and look at the ground, they will lead you to many small locations you usually don't come along, like farmer Maggot's farm or Tom Bombadil's house, but first, read up on this weeks happenings on MCME! Project Progress Andrast (In Progress) - Lead...
Opening Statement This week's Times offers once more insight into a lot of new things on the server, but some of them were so admirable that I once more got inspired to take quite a lot of those fancy (and arduous) far-render shots. I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do, and to all who have been working on all these projects: Please do not forget to look back at what you built, and do not forget to be very proud of yourself. Project Progress Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz With Annúminas being done aswell as the Summer Events being over, @jacenpeter has now joined the staff team of Andrast. Together they made some very remarkable progress this week, including large chunks of terrain both on the eastern and the...
Opening Statement The reaction on the Reporter shoutout from last week was rather underwhelming :rolleyes:, well anyway, the offer persists and maybe someone feels like bringing his name into the Times ;). Instead I take the opportunity to thank all those who are submitting updates quite often! I don't call specific names as luckily there's quite many of these nice guys, but that does not mean that I am less thankful for your contributions! Please keep doing this, it's not only helping me, it's aswell a much better addition to the Times as if I would write the updates myself! And now, have a nice read, and a nice week! >========================================================================< Breaking News @Eriol_Eandur (formerly...
Opening Statement The Summer Events were a really big deal for me, even though I initially intended not to get involved into too many things this year. Well after I literally worked the entire sunday for the Awards ceremony I can say with certainty, I totally failed at staying true to that intention. However due to that I in fact totally forgot about writing the Times, thus thanks to @TSGroot who reminded me, else these Times would still not be existant for some time... Project Progress Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz @Mandos and @BeatHeav3N are working hard on the buildings in southern Andrast. The lazy T-Rex is doing Voxel everywhere so if someone crash the server, ye it's me (sorry). South and East Andrast are going...
Opening Statement If you should have forgotten why summer is your favorite time of the year, now you know again: It's again time for the MCME Summer Events! While this year the duration of the events is reduced to a bit more than a week, lizzy_ together with all the guides has put just as much work into this year's events as the last time for four weeks. While many of the fun events will return, we also were constantly looking out for new interesting activities, and came up with multiple entirely newly developed games and competitions. Be sure to check the >>main post<< about the events, that will take place from july 4th to 12th, aswell as all the posts that provide more detailed information on each of them. Please note that most...
Opening Statement Today it finally starts! Even though most of you do only know about the summer events since a week, the preparations have been running since many more! With this special edition I will give you once more a chronological overview of all events and competitions starting today with the opening ceremony! Both the staff and guide team hope that as many people as possible join this year's events, and even more important, that you all have as much fun as possible! The Three Peaks Summer Event >>Main thread<< Here you have all events in chronological order! Don't miss out anything, the more participants, the more fun it will be!! More information for each event can either be found in the main thread linked above, or in...
Opening Statement Finally again a week where there's not a ton of progress on every single project; for once that is quite good I think ;-) So matching to that, this intro too shall stay short, the real deal of the Times you will find, as always, below! Have a nice sunday and enjoy your week! Project Progress Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz Only small bit of progress in Andrast this week: The fortress of Ras Morthil has begun construction and the first few buildings on and in the rock spikes there have been built. Anfalas (In Progress) - Lead: @otho Another few small tweaks to the terrain could be observed, but else the voxel wrath has calmed down there this week. Annúminas (In Progress) - Lead: @Fireinferno13 -...
Opening Statement You all heard the woefull news about the passing of Christopher Lee, who has incoporated Saruman in both the LotR and Hobbit trilogy, and we all know that noone else could have topped his awesome performance. We paid tribute to this legendary man by dedicating a village in Gondor to him, and named it Lindemar, the town of the singer (as Christopher Lee was a musician too), also does the town name start with "Li" which sounds just like "Lee"... Many buildings in that town have burned down, a symbol of how incisive the loss of this man is to us. Find a collection of some of his best quotes at the end of this issue, from thoughtful to funny they cover all the many aspects of Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee. Nai...
Opening Statement <01:07:25> "Kulmo(Laptop)": this is like <01:07:31> "Kulmo(Laptop)": the old staff meetings <01:07:38> "Kulmo(Laptop)": that go on for years On the night from saturday to sunday we had our second staff meeting in 2015 and it was indeed really extensive, for almost three hours it lasted. We talked about a lot of things, e.g. project progress and potential issues with them, how to make ourselves known to new people outside of MCME and what media we can use how to achieve that, we talked about the PVP Rebirth that is being worked on atm and how that shall be used when it's done, aswell as some rank-related topics and some things that yet have to be announced to all of you! On behalf of that I want to encourage you to...
Opening Statement The first Project Build is over, and I am very satisfied with the result! Also from the bit of feedback I got it seems to have been a thoroughly good idea. Check out the amazing builds below and give the creator of your favorite interpretation of Rivendell some feedback! Today a new Project Build over two weeks will start, I am especially curious with this one as it's a far less well known location and I really want to know how you guys interprete it! And you know what, a good concept for this town may really be a base for the actual town on the main map, once we get to it! Needless to say that just on there again tons of breathtaking progress has taken place, read on to find out more! Project Progress Andrast...
Opening Statement Oh boy what a week this was! Wouldn't be surprised if this was the week we achieved the largest overall server progress ever! A record amount of fourteen projects to report on this week, and every single one made amazing progress. Be sure to enjoy the very voluminous image gallery of this week and tell below what your favorite projects at the moment are! BREAKING NEWS Our fish chieftain @Credoo has finally ended the longing for a rankup of a few passionate and skilled people, and promoted them to Artist! Congratulations to @BeatHeav3N @r0b1n96 @greglas3 Furthermore veteran member @CEFKILLA96 is back on duty as Guide! Project Progress Andrast (In Progress) - Lead: @Tyranystrasz A new village has sprouted on...
Opening Statement Guess who? It’s lizzy_ (who?) attacking the format of The MCME Times in order to condense this down into a fun sized overview of all the progress so far into a manageable snack. Let’s get on with it then shall we? ~~~ I am always open for suggestions like this here from @lizzy_ (formerly known as SugarKoala), along with it this edition comes a quick poll where I ask you to tell me whether the more extensive layout from before or this revised version by lizzy appeals you more! (the idea with the image gallery is from @Eriol_Eandur) And sorry if it is a bit confusing this time which sections were written by me and which by lizzy ;-) - Finrod BREAKING NEWS @kisos has just announced that the long-lasting and massive...
Opening Statement Writing an edition of the Times is quite some work to do (thus, combined with other IRL obligations I did not manage to release this week's edition in time), and because of that I always try to reliably outsource as many sections of it as possible. I first tried that with the Project Updates written by the Project Staff, but as they do not have that much more time than myself this is not yet optimal too. For that reason I want to try something new: Project Reporters! This means that for some (maybe even every) running project there is a person keeping track of the progress on a project and reporting that progress weekly to me via PM. The idea was, that these reporters could come from among the adventurers, especially...
Opening Statement You can not buy it, can not save it or affect it in any other way imaginable (except you're a theoretical physicist of course and you're happy when you somehow gain one duoquinquagintillionth of a second) and thus of course it is what we all want and need most. I bet you know the feeling when you get up in the early morning before you go to school or work and feel like Pippin facing the battle of Pelennor. But so feel all who live to see such times. All we have to decide is what we do with the (free) time that is given to us. And on the following lines is a summary which people have decided to spend their free time on MCME this week ;-) >========================================================================<...