• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

About Pelargir

guys relax, inner peace. lets all hold hands and be happy. lets ask Tolkin about this matter because he is the only one who knows all of this.

Of course since it has been altered by men.
I agree that the triangle should be avoided as it look unnatural. When a city comes into existance, it starts with very few houses being built, and then over the years more and more people come there and add new buildings. You don't start with terraforming such a huge triangle-ish shape, which for men would take years to do, and over all that time they have nowhere to live in.

Tere are no triangle islands in my vision. Pay more attention to my plans ;) !

And even if there were triangles, nothing says they were already there in the first times of the city!

I have a good concept in my head which I will make a quick sketch off when I can get on my laptop

I have some I understand you will never able to understand how great the triangle concept is :p (hélas !), so I have also two suggestions about your one: I suppose the main roud will go along the red arrow, so I think it would be nice to add a postern gate here (red circle), without external road, of course:
1419857350-capture.png

Example of what could be a postern gate, BFME:
1419857321-post-49053-1175471050.jpg

I also think this part would look better if the wall here was directly rising from the water, like Annúminas. Or even better (i think it would looks amazing!), was builded on some rocks, but no larger:
1419856665-2014-12-29-13-29-28.png

Something like that, but with a wall instead of a rock (and why not some irregularities and saplings?):
1013634.jpg

I agree Lucky, while the concept of having the whole of Pelargir as a triangular shaped island in theory is cool, however nature is way too random for it to look the way it was on the map. very unrealistic imo

Bombur I admire your dedication but at this moment Pela is still in the planning phase. The wool layout is only a very rough indication for how it is gonna be.
Also you are assuming things and suggesting things without knowledge of what we have or have not planned already. You will know soon enough what the full plan of Pela is. But until that time suggestions are kinda pointless since I don't have the full plan myself yet, only a vision of how it will look like.

It's not because I can't see how is it gonna be that I can't submit a suggestion
se-gratte-le-crane.gif
... Of course, you decide to use it or not, but I really don't understand why couldn't I already give some ideas...

Of course you can give a suggestion:) It's just that not many people agree that it would be good (happens to me all the time, by the way:p). Anyway, whether we use a triangular design or not, I think you will really like Pelargir once it's complete.

With your suggestions about the gate and the wall, those could very well be used. Personally, I think those would be pretty cool. However, we haven't planned anything that detailed yet.

I also think I will like it, but not as much as I would have if the triangular shape had been chosen, because it's by far one of my favourite city design on the internet. That's also why I suggest to use it for another city.

With your suggestions about the gate and the wall, those could very well be used. Personally, I think those would be pretty cool. However, we haven't planned anything that detailed yet.
OK :) .

Everyone can give suggestions bombur, the more the better as I'm sure it will help the designers, get a good picture of what pela could be. Don't take to heart if people disagree with then triangle design, it's great that you have such passion and always want to help. Keep it up king derp finder :D :D

here's my rough concept of how I think Pelagir might look, the overlapping residential zones are where the housing starts to change so there's no defining line between the districts they blend into each other just like a real city. also i forgot to mention that the blue lines are canals, the bridges between the islands would be mostly wooden that can be raised with a few stone so that boats can sail easily between them. 3 towers would guard the entrance to the small 'bay'. feel free to completely dismiss this design if you think it's terrible. just my concept, much harder to put onto paper than I originally thought

dmOLCMV.jpg