• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

About Pelargir

if the terrain was all beautifull heck yeah i would!
A single road job would take weeks to complete. River digging would be out of the question :(. And the person who creates the map will die off old age before he finishes it. Dont get me wrong though 1:1 scale was my dream as well but ... but... it might be ... to much work. Lets focus on finishing this map and then we can always see what we do with the time we have left.

And ontopic bombur Pellargir is not my first project I know what I'm doing. Trust me. And if you really want something different feel free to give it your own shot on freebuild.

@Bombur8
AEcWM0Y.jpg

@Bombur8
I've read all this thread and i can tell you that the triangle would be cool but it has a biiiiig problems:
The size of the city with the triangle will need more space (like ma5 made) and that's not lore accurate since it will become bigger than osgiliath and we know about Osgiliath is the biggest city in Middle Earth.
The second problem is about ships, even if we have the space for the triagle we have to build diagonal boats and i can tell you that is very hard and the boats won't be very good, so just wait Cre's city and you'll see that the plan he made is very very good, you will enjoy the city at the end

it needs more space since we have to do a giant triagle in the middle of pelargir and we have to do large channels for docks or we can't place ships in (imagine to have a 40 wide channel and boats long 15 blocks they can't pass in the channel so we have to make the channel wider and use more more space for everything)

it needs more space since we have to do a giant triagle in the middle of pelargir and we have to do large channels for docks or we can't place ships in
Inner channels don't have to be so large, especially in my vision :) .

Otherwise, have you decided to not include my postern gate suggestion or is it just not yet build :) ?

Otherwise, have you decided to not include my postern gate suggestion or is it just not yet build :) ?
I don't think we're using your postern gate idea, simply because there is no logical place in the wall design to put one.

Also, you can stop worrying about the triangular design. No offense, but we aren't using it:)

Why?

But yes, I didn't think about ships...

I never doubt I'll like the result, but not as much as the triangle shape.
The triangle shape would look cooler for sure, but the ships and some of the houses would have to be built diagonally, and I can tell you that no matter how well diagonal ships are built, they look a bit off.

MT looks totally OK for me.

I don't think we're using your postern gate idea, simply because there is no logical place in the wall design to put one.
What do you mean? One could totally be placed!

And it's not me who come back spaeaking about the triangle, I just respond to other people :p . Though it's for sure the best design!

MT looks totally OK for me.
well i think we got some diagonal houses in MT but even in areas where the should be used, we made normal ones instead. So the reason for MT to look good, in that aspect, is that we didnt made that much triangel houses.

A single road job would take weeks to complete. River digging would be out of the question :(. And the person who creates the map will die off old age before he finishes it.

To add to this, 1:1 would make no sense anyway due to the height limit. The highest of the Misty Mountains would probably be around 5000m, whereas Minecraft's height limit is 256m, which is about the height of a small hill IRL (even less when you factor in the ocean's depth). I did some rough calculations once based on this, and I believe the largest scale you could get in Minecraft without having more mountains than there actually would have been in Middle-earth is something around 1:25-1:30, and even a map of that size (about four times larger than MCME's current one) would take years and years to complete in WorldPainter.