• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

About Pelargir

@Luckylarv I love how you have the areas overlapping; I've always found it silly how we have sectional distinctions between different class housing.
Also could we see this idea that our lovable wookie made for us which glove and cred referred to?

Also could we see this idea that our lovable wookie made for us which glove and cred referred to?
j5kVKzDMAFkjN.png

Where is the venitian style in this concept?
I am pretty sure that this isn't the final design written in stone. However, it IS kinda strange. Maybe canals aren't how the Venice style is represented? Maybe it is the architecture or something.......

There are no real man digged chennals like the ones of Tharbad in Venise. It's actually more builded on water. More like Esgaroth ut with some parts on islands and with stony buildings.

(And my proposition was made this way :p .)

I would like to say that, even if the triangle islands had been kept, it's absolutely not unnatural. I'll show you how it have been done by digging channels:
1420056912-1.png

1420056988-2.png

1420057060-3.png

Bombur i can fully understand your enthusiasm, but it would be really apreciated if you could wait until the official post gets realesed. :)

Also, making a triangle island would be pretty bad for making a nice port. Because the river would nees to be pretty big, if you want big ships there.

I was just defending the triangle against accusations, I understood it will (helas) never be build.

Also the largest boat on the server can absolutely fit in this river :) .

Yes I have. + the river becomes larger near the Anduin.
Well it would be a lot more convenient if the large ships could dock ANYWHERE in the port, in case of an emergency. Also, even if the ship fit in the channels, I doubt it could turn around. It would always have to sail straight through, potentially messing up other ship's days

Well, our cities are not size 1:1 anyway, so that doesn't seem to be a problem...

What I meant was that it doesn't matter if we aren't 1:1 scale, as the ships seem correct in size when put into proportion with the dock buildings and nearby houses.
It's because we don't build smaller buildings because of the scale; we build less buildings (or ships, for that matter).

I never said the boats or buildings were smaller... Only the cities (and landscapes), so it's normal if the harbors look too small to contain an entire armada of big ships.

wasn't the old sever 1:1 ratio? how come it was changed and what's the ratio now?