• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

ASOIAF [Spoilers]

wikey1236

Worthy of Mordor
Credits
XP
Thread for posting everything A Song of Ice and Fire. Obviously spoilers.
f11c5d30148adc65d1c200964fa75d1571eb52078d72a0582e8c55f75e228b63.jpg

So Me and Fallen were discussing whom we thought should play characters in the show. I decided to post a couple of my own ideas.

Victarion Greyjoy

Euron Greyjoy

Feel free to add more.

Thoughts on Jon Snow's "death"? Think Martin would kill off such an essential character? If not, then I reckon Melisandre's going to bring him back Thoros of Myr style - what consequences would this have?

Also, calling it right now that Bloodraven was responsible for the attack on Jon, or at least involved (possibly by warging into Wun Wun). We've seen before that trauma increases the latent abilities of a warg (i.e. Bran). Varamyr in the prologue suggests that Jon is a powerful warg and would be exceptional if he'd only embrace that aspect of himself, and this could all be part of Bloodraven's plan in defeating the Others.

It's pretty much confirmed that Jon is Rhaegar's son at this point, and we've seen how difficult dragons are to control (Daenerys has just about mastered Drogon, it seems). If Jon becomes a powerful warg, might he potentially be able to warg into a dragon when Daenerys finally shows up?

Thoughts on Jon Snow's "death"? Think Martin would kill off such an essential character? If not, then I reckon Melisandre's going to bring him back Thoros of Myr style - what consequences would this have?

Also, calling it right now that Bloodraven was responsible for the attack on Jon, or at least involved (possibly by warging into Wun Wun). We've seen before that trauma increases the latent abilities of a warg (i.e. Bran). Varamyr in the prologue suggests that Jon is a powerful warg and would be exceptional if he'd only embrace that aspect of himself, and this could all be part of Bloodraven's plan in defeating the Others.

It's pretty much confirmed that Jon is Rhaegar's son at this point, and we've seen how difficult dragons are to control (Daenerys has just about mastered Drogon, it seems). If Jon becomes a powerful warg, might he potentially be able to warg into a dragon when Daenerys finally shows up?
I think we might see Jon warging in Ghost for a few chapters until (or if) Melisandre brings him back. If you remember, she sees his face in the flames, followed by a wolf, and back into his face. Gotta love foreshadowing :)

I think we might see Jon warging in Ghost for a few chapters until (or if) Melisandre brings him back. If you remember, she sees his face in the flames, followed by a wolf, and back into his face. Gotta love foreshadowing :)
You guys have probably heard this theory, I don't like it but certain people think that Tyrion is the third head of the dragon. Joanna was obsessed over by the mad king and may have gone so far as to rape her, impregnating her with Tyrion, and she died in childbirth so all proof is gone. So if Dany is the first head, her house colours are black and red, so she rides Drogon, Jon (if R+L=J is true) may be the second head, he would ride Viserion, who like ghost is pale with red eyes, and Tyrion could be the third and ride Rhaegal, Tyrion has green eyes and gold hair, Rhaegal is green and gold. I dont like the idea of the "big 3" being so important. I really would mind if Jon died and Mel didnt save him (doesnt she need kings bllod for magic? If so she could use Selyse or jon himself once again if R+L=J) Anyway, I have many other Theories like Jaime being Azor and stuff if you wanna hear it.

Having seen the new episode, I cannot wait until Joffrey bites the dust. Not long now..

I agree with the idea of warging, though I doubt he would warg into one of Dany's dragons. Now that she has Drogon's shit together, its only a matter of time before she masters the other two as Drogon controls them all pretty much..

I think the biggest consequence to Jon's death (and potential reincarnation after his Caesar like death), is that he is no longer bound to the Nights Watch. However if he is brought back thanks to the actions of Melisandre (the red god), will he really be likely to work with Bloodraven (the old gods)?

Also, from the spoiler chapter that George RR Martin released, it looks like Arya is gonna make it back to Westeros in the next book :D always good to see!

@Fireinferno13 I'm not sure Dany has so much control over her dragons that she could prevent Jon warging into one of them. Jon and Dany may well end up being allied to one another, anyway, especially if Jon's Targaryen ancestry can be proven.

Also, Jon wouldn't necessarily have to 'work' with Bloodraven for Bloodraven's plans to come to fruition. He may only need to become a powerful warg.

What about the young Griff (concerning the 3 Heads theory)? Even if he's a Blackfyre, he still has Targaryen blood in him and could be the third head (assuming R+L=J is true). To be honest, the Tyrion-Targaryen-Theory sounds a bit too weird for me.

I feel like young Griff is going to be a hoax or is going to fail in some other way because that's the sort of thing GRRM likes to do. I do agree with you that Tyrion being one of the heads is too weird, though - he'll have another role to play.

Well I'm quite sure that young Griff is not who he pretends to be. Blackfyre makes sense for me. But you never know what GRRM does to the guys who plan to marry Dany - think of Quentyn...

Very true. I also suspect that Jon's story is going to be a tragic one - being brought back by Melisandre and becoming involved with the Red God (and possibly being Azor Ahai himself, with the whole 'born amidst salt (Bowen Marsh's tears) and smoke (his smoking wounds)' thing) along with being a powerful warg might lead Jon down the wrong path.

I also can't imagine Arya will kill everyone she intends to, since that would be what the readers want, and we barely ever get that :p. So, as part of the ending in A Dream of Spring, imagine if Arya was forced to kill Jon (even worse, says "stick them with the pointy end" before she does). That would probably cause more grief than the Red Wedding.

Arya: Once she is a faceless man (woman? girl? XD) she won't be allowed to kill anyone without a "contract" or however it works, as it is not their decision who deserves death. I'm thrilled to see what happens to her. I've heard that GRRM's wife didn't allow him to kill her :D
Jon: It's just too obvious... the "Song of Ice and Fire" describes him perfectly. Azor Ahai against the enemies from beyond the wall, a mix of Stark (Ice) and Targaryen (Fire) etc... not sure if GRRM makes it obvious just to crush our hopes once more :p

Arya: Once she is a faceless man (woman? girl? XD) she won't be allowed to kill anyone without a "contract" or however it works, as it is not their decision who deserves death.

True, but when has Arya ever listened to what others say? :p In the spoiler chapter, she kills Raff the Sweetling (i.e. the guy she killed in S4E1, weird timing there HBO.. though he was an amalgamation of Raff and the Tickler, so who knows), who is on her personal list and not a contract. Still, she's not a full Faceless Man yet, so that may change.

"Aegon": I wouldn't be surprised if GRRM completely crushes everyone's hopes and dreams and kills him off in the next book when he leads the assault on Storm's end.

Also this: http://gameofthronesandnorsemythology.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/jaime-azor-ahai-god-of-war.html
A lot of that is pretty far fetched. But i like to entertain a few points in there. Especially some about the role of Jaimie, who has actually turned out to be one of the most reasonable and benevolent characters in my opinion.

A lot of that is pretty far fetched. But i like to entertain a few points in there. Especially some about the role of Jaimie, who has actually turned out to be one of the most reasonable and benevolent characters in my opinion.
Yea some stuff is pretty meh. But Jaime is my fav so anything about him i love haha.