• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Common Problems

Every time I join the server, there are never any jobs. Can anybody explain why?
Jobs are hosted by staff members when there is something to be done that can be done through jobs (e.g. roads, houses, swamps, trees...) AND when there are enough people around that are willing to help.
There are some things, especially terraforming, where jobs would not be of much help (as we have plugins to do that faster than by hand), and another problem may be that simply no staff is around; that may be especially a reoccurring problem if you're living in an unfortunate time zone as australian ones.

However we are aware of these problems and do provide solutions:
  • On the plotworld (/mvtp plotworld) there are jobs that can be done 24/7 unsupervised. The available jobs can always be found >>here<<.

• You can apply for a public project, which is a project that is lead by Adventurers or Artist. A list of projects that can be applied for can be found >>here<<. It is constantly extended, however we want to keep the amount of ongoing public projects to a controllable amount, so you may have to be patient until your application there is accepted.

• Alternatively, if you're done with exploring the map, you can aim to achieve a higher rank, Artist or Guide:

For Artist, go to the Freebuild server (freebuild.mcmiddleearth.com) and participate in the Themed Builds. They are meant to serve as opportunity to get familiar with MCME building styles and showing off your skills, while we can be sure that all the work was made by you. Themed Builds are announced >>here<<. They start every week with a new given topic, except if a special version of the Themed Build is running which can last 2 or 3 weeks. All further information on how to apply for Artist (applications are roughly checked all 2 weeks) you find in every Themed Build post.
    As Artist you will much more often get jobs, however to get that rank we have to be sure your building skills are good enough so that you can fulfill the task given mostly without too many additional explanations.

For Guide: You can always apply for Guide >>here<<. To have a good chance of getting promoted it is recommendable to be around on the server quite often, be polite (say Hi and bye), be helpful (answer questions just like this one here of yours), and show up on Teamspeak occasionally.

How do you place water on the Freebuild server?
I tried with a water bucket, but a notice appeared saying it was not allowed.

How do you place water on the Freebuild server?
I tried with a water bucket, but a notice appeared saying it was not allowed.
If I'm not mistaken, you can place ice where you want water, go into survival mode, and destroy it with a pickaxe. That used to work at least, not sure if it does now.

Is there a limited time to build projects on the Plotword?
In general, no. Usually plotbuilds end when all houses (or whatever it is) are built, however if you start a house and leave it unfinished for longer time, it may well be that the staff hosting gets someone else to finish it so that the project can move on.

My problem is my computer says Cannot Log In. Invalid Session. I did what q220 said, but it still doesn't work.
Try doing that again: close minecraft and the launcher and reopen it. Also, try logging on to a non-mcme server and see if it gives the same error. Post what it says when you do those two things.

im not sure how to apply for ranks (id like to apply for guide) i looked at the forum post but it didn't specify where to post the application… also, id like to know what certain ranks can and cannot do such as whether a guide can build.
thanks a lot
Bobbassoonguy

At the top of the guide application forum, there is a link to the format in which you make our application in a new thread.

im not sure how to apply for ranks (id like to apply for guide) i looked at the forum post but it didn't specify where to post the application… also, id like to know what certain ranks can and cannot do such as whether a guide can build.
thanks a lot
Bobbassoonguy
Check this page for what each rank does: Ranks and Duties | Minecraft Middle Earth. To answer your question in your post, guides have the same build perms as adventurers, so they can only build when there is a job.

Also, in the free build world i often see large structures that look world edited… is there any way to use some sort of world edit?

Also, in the free build world i often see large structures that look world edited… is there any way to use some sort of world edit?
WorldEdit and VoxelSniper are only accessible to staff, simply because it would be very easy to make irrevocable damage to structures aswell as crashing the server. However you can ask staff members to help you out, although if its a larger task (creating large chunks of terrain) you may have troubles finding a staff member that is willing to spend much time on it. Note that Themed Builds have to be done without WE or voxel help (except inaccessible blocks)