• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted Dahlfc2's Artist Application

• Thread starter Deleted member 14621
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:
i saw someone make a laketown concept and eriol said that the laketown roofs should have thatch roof, as said in the hobbit. so i decided i wanted to make a concept of a house:
1581014434115.png
1581014439129.png
1581014444211.png
1581014448880.png

Update:
Been working on moria stuff lately but i tried making a concept of a part of the black gate.
1582993067325.png

Personally I love your Moria build as well as all your other builds and I think you are a very capable builder, I think that the only problem with your Moria build is that the heads look a bit out of place, maybe build up a pile out of blocks and then decorate it with heads, also you might want to incorporate some noise into the build by mixing in some mossy cobblestone etc.

Update:
Well, i am back with another update. This time i made some Moria stuff. Its supposed to be a hallway type thing. just so you know. Hope this will help and i will try to be more active again.
2020-05-16_14.10.56.png
2020-05-16_14.11.01.png

Update:
Heres the update i talked about. earlier today i made like a moria tavern. i got some inspiration from some places in moria and tried to make my own. i would say that it went really well.
1589727127314.png
1589727136010.png
1589727145155.png
1589727150983.png

Update:
Heres the update i talked about. earlier today i made like a moria tavern. i got some inspiration from some places in moria and tried to make my own. i would say that it went really well.
View attachment 17448View attachment 17449View attachment 17450View attachment 17451
You're looking to be an incredible builder! If someone pasted this into Moria, it would truly look quite at home. Your builds each have their own unique style, as well as details added to make it feel ancient and abandoned, while still managing to display the grand architecture of the dwarves. I wouldn't be surprised to come back in a few years with your name being mentioned in every conversation about the kingdom of Khazad-Dûm.

Keep up the great builds at this rate and I'll be seeing your name in purple soon enough,
Eru

Update: Yesterday i began the Forest Themed build. I made the river yesterday and today i began on the path and the trees. i split the build into two sections so one tree is on one side and the other kind is on the other. thats about it. :)
1590064412273.png

Moria hall
- Overall structure is nice and the colours match
- The ceiling seems too unsteep and unsupported to be able to support the weight above. Would make it a bit steeper
- Try to do less repetitive detailing. In a hall like this I'd doubt they would keep their chairs nice and in place. Nor would all the barrels be located all over the place. Add more purpose to locations. (For example, the back area of the hall could be the serving area)
- Closely connected to that: Try and remove some of those tables on the sides of the hall, they just look weird.
- For a ruined hall (see dust), I'd expect the chairs to be reduced and some to be slabs or wooden trapdoors. The same goes for the barrels. You'd probably ruin the tables too.

Update:
1: Did some farm walls and some block mixing in Miths job today:
1591533427269.png
1591533436936.png

2: Ive also began working on a house in like an Osgiliath style:
1591533508934.png

Status
Not open for further replies.