• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Dallen's target rendered tests

Dallen

One Of Us, One of Us
Credits
XP
So i'm making this thread to post some of my work using blender to target render minecraft models.
When I do this my computer comes to a crawl (like i'm using 99% of my 8gb ram and 99% of my quad i7) so try to keep your suggestions simple.
Thanks to @Glovr for motivating me to try some of this.
If you guys have ideas/tip for how to stylize these more that would be great. I also am a scrub at shot angles :p
Thanks, Dallen

I dont like that the top is cut off in this one:
O5nPzRs.png

This one feels to flat to me:
7kenUuh.png

This last one is in 4k, i dont know that i like it:
GxzPq3I.jpg

So i'm making this thread to post some of my work using blender to target render minecraft models.
When I do this my computer comes to a crawl (like i'm using 99% of my 8gb ram and 99% of my quad i7) so try to keep your suggestions simple.
Thanks to @Glovr for motivating me to try some of this.
If you guys have ideas/tip for how to stylize these more that would be great. I also am a scrub at shot angles :p
Thanks, Dallen

I dont like that the top is cut off in this one:
O5nPzRs.png

This one feels to flat to me:
7kenUuh.png

This last one is in 4k, i dont know that i like it:
GxzPq3I.jpg
hell thus is so awesome
i want more
more
make render of a look over whole pellenor fields+Minas Tirith+big Mountains behind

So basically blocks that are in the model but not seen still take up space which means i cannot render things with large mountains and buildings etc.

anyway i did some from bree. Because its flat i can make ones that are fairly large. Your feedback is much appreciated.

oh btw @_Luk that means the larger minas tirith shots wont happen for some time, i am planning on getting a stronger machine in a few months but until then there's not much i can do :/ sry

I honestly forgot that a mountain would indeed be big. As I go to pick up my Darwen Award I'll modify my request to a bit of the newly vegetated Lothlorien. Not the structures, but an example of pure nature goodness.

How big is Westeroscraft compared to our map anyways?

MCME 2.0 measures around 30kx27k. It is therefore roughly 810 million blocks squared, or 810 km squared.

WesterosCraft's map measures around 60kx22k. It is therefore around 60% larger than MCME's map, coming in at roughly 1.3 billion blocks squared, or 1300 km squared.

Interestingly enough, given the respective sizes of both fictional continents, both maps are at around a 1:100 scale.

Dallen with your screenshot of minas tirith, tyr scored 4200 upvotes on reddit. I think the world wants to see more. Any chance of doing osgiliath or rauros? As long as it's an overview I'm happy. Really nice stuff man.
Ya that's not happening for a while if at all...
If I get the ok from q to make more I will but until then I will fear the hammer and be a good little dev.

Cinema 4D is super cool and it made me feel like doing some more of these so enjoy. All your feed back is appreciated.

rN93ZW6.png

C8FwJye.png

IqnrcoX.jpg

0xHMfUz.jpg

Like if you want to see more, My new comp is much more powerful so its less painful to do (the older ones i had to kill everything including windows explorer to get the power i needed). They are a bit darker and lower resolution but that is b/c I am super new to C4D and need to learn a lot more. Hope you enjoyed
-Dallen