• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Dallen's target rendered tests

Did some more, dont know that i like Weathertop too much, also upgrading to pro so i need all the cpu i can get. Enjoy:
Weather1.jpg

Weather2.jpg

Imgur is over cap right now so im using my own site to host, that probs means its loading slower, sry :/

Did some more, dont know that i like Weathertop too much, also upgrading to pro so i need all the cpu i can get. Enjoy:
Weather1.jpg

Weather2.jpg

Imgur is over cap right now so im using my own site to host, that probs means its loading slower, sry :/
Looks awesome! But is it possible to get some more friendly light into this? The Current light setup looks ratter unfriendly.

Looks awesome! But is it possible to get some more friendly light into this? The Current light setup looks ratter unfriendly.
Ya, as i said above, I have only been using the rendering program for about 24 hours now. I plan to learn more about how to make the renders look better, that is just a few of the shots i made really quick, I plan to do loads more when i have c4d installed again.

@Will_em ask and you shall receive, I also saw minas tirith right near by so i decided to grab that too. (This was a big one, the model export was 1.7 Gb [or 2 times as large as my previous largest, jake's build]) Hope you enjoy, might do a few more today of works in progress, post what else you would like to see rendered, I can do pretty big areas so anything is free game.

D94foI3.png

vjca00n.jpg

mmCh0hy.jpg

6f3ngFQ.jpg

OMFG this is incredibruuuu :eek::eek::eek::eek::D

One thing: Any way you could make the water look better (transparent or reflecting)?

Oh yeah and could you make me a shot where you actually can see Silvertine, Redhorn and Cloudyhead (Silvertine is the one with the tower, Redhorn is the one at the pass with the reddish blocks and Cloudyead is at 3273 255 -2596) Please? :oops::oops::)

OMFG this is incredibruuuu :eek::eek::eek::eek::D

One thing: Any way you could make the water look better (transparent or reflecting)?

Oh yeah and could you make me a shot where you actually can see Silvertine, Redhorn and Cloudyhead (Silvertine is the one with the tower, Redhorn is the one at the pass with the reddish blocks and Cloudyead is at 3273 255 -2596) Please? :oops::oops::)
ya im looking into that with c4d, in anyone has used it before and could show me that would be awesome, again really new to that software and happy i even got it as reflective as i did. Also ill see if i can do that, it would be tomorrow tho b/c the import and export takes 3-4 hours before i can even start rendering.

Some shots with Lake Evendim could be cool. Maybe all of Annuminas from the view of Bareketta. Could be cool

If he's willing to offer some tips, ask freshy about C4d.
But I tried editing it a bit myself.
The white mountains could really use a facelift :l
pkOhmrY.png
Added a bit of fog to the foreground as well.
Thing i'm not completely satisfied with is the sky, feels too synthetic. If anyone has a better suggestion, throw it at me.
EDIT: Here's a little test, adding fog to the background.
f7PGJZ2.png

Last edited:
pkOhmrY.png
Thing i'm not completely satisfied with is the sky, feels too synthetic. If anyone has a better suggestion, throw it at me.
f7PGJZ2.png
is the water a shader thing or did you add that in? because while it is nice looking water it seems weird next to blocky minecraft stuff

pkOhmrY.png
f7PGJZ2.png
wow that water looks super good, what did you use to add that liquid texture?

alright last thing i'm spamming your thread with, sorry.
Edited derps like the mountains sticking over the tower. Identical peaks, white line at the edge of the dome. etc.
it's little stuff, but i think it looks 10x cleaner.
i9eYlJlLX1OgM.png