• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted didi45's VoxelSniper Badge [V] Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uniform" means it has no small scale structures as I explained in my first post. Also I think what @gadget271 said hits the mark. What I call "uniform" and gadget "flat floor" and "straight up" walls makes your stream look a bit like a man-made channel, not a natural stream made by natural erosion. In the picture you took for inspiration you can see al the irregular rocks and many different inclinations of the cliffs.
A problem is size of your new project. I said you should make is more narrow and you did that but you also made it much smaller in general. If you would have higher cliffs you could add more small details like side (lateral) ravines.
I still think you should make vegetation, stencils are essential part of voxel. Also adding stuff like moss covering the ground with plants like grass and moss (wall creeping moss from Gondor rp would be cool) using overlay and splatter overlay brush are important voxel skills.

I don't exactly know what @BWOT want's to see for voxel badge. I'm just giving feedback on terraforming :D
But I really think it should not matter for what purpose you plan to use a badge. The required skills should be the same for everyone.
Btw you wrote in your application that you want to use it for terraforming in general and Belfalas/Mordor in special :p

Well maybe since you want to use it in moria you could try and make a nice cave. I think the requirements are a little bit different then the ones for the normal Terrain. We have the same thing with Nic. He got hist voxel badge but was told to only use it in moria.

I definitely do want it for Mordor as well but now I am looking more at Moria use. I totally understand Eriol, what do you think I should make that would fit one of those regions?

No Jona, i do not think you know what Nic did. He took a unsmoothed cave and worked on it there that is what I want to do. And what jesia suggested

I believe your ravine is a good example to show skills needed for Mordor. All of my points will apply there.

So what do you suggest I make? (I want Voxel mainly for Moria and later on for Mordor)
What do you think about giving me temp Voxel and I will do a cave in Moria to show that I am capable of using Voxel?(Like Nic did)

I mean: Make that ravine with all the details I suggested.
Or if you prefere make something else, try this:
[QUOTE="The Return of the King - The Stairs of Cirith Ungol]Still on and up the stairway bent and crawled, until at last with a final flight, short and straight, it climbed out again onto another level. The path had veered away from the main pass in the great ravine, and it now followed its own perilous course at the bottom of a lesser cleft among the higher regions of the Ephel Dúath. Dimly the hobbits could discern tall piers and jagged pinnacles of stone on either side, between which were great crevices and fissures blacker than the night, where forgotten winters had gnawed and carved the sunless stone. [/QUOTE]

Didi, you can also plan your own cave on builder's refuge and then voxel it, not a huge need for it to be in moria

Yeah but then I need to make the cave from nothing so a ball in the middle of an empty plot it's a big story. I will stick with what Eriol said

Can I have a temp voxel perm so I can do it in Moria? we can discuss a certain cave which I will work on
No, you first need to demonstrate a neccesarry level of skill, so i suggest you work on creating realistic looking caves using voxel, look at examples in moria and try to create your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.