• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled Dogsargent's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogsargent

Slab Fanatic
Credits
XP
I first joined the server on November 26, 2021. Unfortunately, jobs have been very slow recently and none have happened since I have joined.

Recently I completed my first theme build on the server under the "FFA Greek" theme. Thanks to Wyattrox for world edit assistance removing the base terrain and adding the water. It was a Greek pavilion on an island with two smaller islands with smaller round pavilion things. The coordinates for the build are (-273, 3, 62978).

I most enjoy building in medieval or fantasy styles, similar to many of the builds on the server. However, I like to build anything and love to try my hand at a new style. I am applying for artist because I love the friendliness of this server and because I love building. Out of all Minecraft has to offer, building is my favorite. In fact, I have competed in multiple building competitions and won a third place prize in one relatively recently. ($10) I also started a Fiverr gig for Minecraft building because I couldn't come up with anything and needed inspiration. Surprisingly, it was profitable and I have received only 5 star reviews. I really want to put my building talents to work on this server and help complete MCME.

Theme build pictures.

2021-12-11_15.33.35.png
2021-12-11_15.33.27.png
2021-12-11_15.33.21.png
2021-12-11_15.33.14.png

Builds outside of MCME.

Transformed "Far End" biome with city +dragon.
2021-10-11_09.08.14.png

Japanese style temple with surrounding buildings and terrain.
2021-12-11_15.39.45.png

Small ruined modern house with lightning strike.
2021-12-11_15.45.09.png
2021-12-11_15.45.22.png

Large scale terraforming done with worldpainter, more specific terrain done with worldedit. I have more pictures of stuff I have built but most of it is extraneous or built on a super-flat world that I sent to clients.

Attachments

• 2021-12-11_15.45.09.png
    2021-12-11_15.45.09.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
There have now been a few jobs since I joined, however due to a combination of empty American hours and multiple trips to see relatives near Christmas time, I have been unable to participate :( . I am currently working on a new theme build project.

Hey Dogsargent,
while jobs are very helpful for a successful artist application Themed-builds are more important. We want our Artists be able to have great building skills with all kinds of builds (houses, castles, vegetation, interior, terrain, streams, ...) we need in Middle-earth.
So I suggest you participate in a few more Themed-builds to show us various skills. Your first Themed-builds has some nice ideas but it's still not the quality we are aiming for:
  1. Buildings are not realistic. The pillars of the small temple are looking too thin to support the roof.
  2. Structures are too simple and repetitive. There are a lot of blocks for detailing (stairs, slabs, vertical slabs, thin walls, custom pillars, ...) in the custom inventory.
  3. It's looking quite empty. I'm missing small details, especially inside. Stuff like decorations, tools, plants, maybe carpets, wall paintings, dirt patches, ... Those are very important to make a build look interesting.
I suggest you have a closer look at some builds at the main map and use them for inspiration for your next Themed-build.

Good Luck!
-Eriol

Last edited:
Hey Dogsargent,

For us to properly help you develop as a builder, you're going to need to try some of our server styles. Then we can give you some concise feedback!
Though of course we do appreciate and look for creativity ;)
Have a look at our more recent projects for inspo and give one of our styles a try!

Happy Building,
Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.